39 coaches online • Server time: 13:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post BB2016 Ranked, Leagu...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2015 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the Ulthuan Invitational **

(yes the restriction from the UI competition committee is still on me that I must call the UI the Ulthuan Invitational because using the short form diminishes its excellence in their eyes.)

We are one week into the tournament and the upsets have already sent some of the big name teams and coaches packing. Most likely they “threw” the match just to get the hell out of this joint.

Over at the Ulthuam Invitational HQ there is some big news breaking. It seems when the Crossdressers were left on the dock and not allowed into the country and the tournament that rubbed some very powerful people the wrong way.

Some lawyers representing LGBT and crossdressing sued the Ulthuan Competition committee. Well it seems some back room deal was struck and all the issues have been resolved or dropped.

Related news to this is I have found out the Crossdressers will be back in Ulthuan in the summer attending the World Fashion Show held each year in the capital. It seems they have been given some great fashion world honor and will be on the “runway”, whatever that is and compensated with over 2 million gold crowns of clothes and accessories.

They are calling it the Fashion World and Blood Bowl fusion of style and glam. All I have to say about this is something is “up”.

Well, lets head over to the pitch and talk some Blood Bowl.

The first qualifier final is already set, 8 days into the tournament.

Squadron XXIIIImage

VS

T 5 Image

The Squadron are the darlings of Ulthuan right now. The locals love their flair and their look. That WWI aviator look is all the rage right now on the streets. Fans with their long scarfs and aviator glasses are strolling the streets daily singing the praises of the Squadron.

They are a well rounded High Elf team that is set to make a run if they should manage to pull this match off. They are sporting a lot of guard and some MightyBlow and have a solid core of catchers. They will give T 5 a real run in this one. The main concern though is man they are giving up a lot of inducement money. You can be sure they will be facing down a wizard in this match.

T 5 comes into the match also in really good shape. The team is set skill wise to deal with the squadron and dish out some serious pain on them. Solid blitzer core with a nice Ogre to anchor the LOS. They will be getting around 240K In inducement money to play with so that will help out.

If T 5 can get into the main draw they will be a tough out and I can see them making a run at this.

This should be a really good match up in styles. Elves do not like playing against human teams that are loaded up like T 5. It is a match up that causes all kinds of issues for them. This came is going to come down to 2 things.

Can T 5 lay out that TMBPO and get some early CAS in the match and then keep the pressure on?

Will the squadron be able to get possession of the ball and get a stall going on? If they cannot stall out a half then T 5 will get the upper hand in this match.

In the end I think T 5 just has to much for the squadron to handle. The squadron gets shot down in flames in OT and crashes and burns.

T 5 wins in OverTime 3-2

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2015 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

News Team bow out with their heads held high, there but for the grace of grue go I

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3664320
happygrue

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2015 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Jiiiiim wrote:
News Team bow out with their heads held high

That sounds like the kind of failed bow Crunchfight would make, assuming his bowing is anything like his blocking. Wink

Good game sir! I can't say I played it better, but I can say that you failed more. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2015 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
A coach PMed me and said my stats were not apples to apples because the sampling size was not 20 elves and 20 bashers.

Fine, I took the next 5 bashers down the line and added them in. I did not split out FleetFoot for two seperate %..

#of Bash teams: 20

Avg. Number of Matches played: 121.8

% of matches against Bash: 35.71%

% of matches against Hard: 22.12%

% of matches against Bash + Hard: 57.84%

% of matches against elves: 16.5%

There you go..an even sample size.

Does this bit about not splitting out Fleetfoot refer to my team? If so, what does 'not splitting out for a separate %' mean?

Never mind - just found your other post. Not sure how I missed it first time round.
Brainsaw

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2015 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

please continue all Discussion about Picking, Tweener Elves, etc.. here:
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=26201&highlight=
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2015 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

'Greetings sports fans, beaming to you live from the DBBN Studios in Karaz-A-Karak, this is Dwarf Watch, bringing you the best of Dwarven tournament success! I'm Thoril Stonevault and here with me is the ever-outspoken Valrim Blackhammer. Today there's only one topic for discussion and that's the Dwarven assault on Ulthuan Invitational XI! What a few weeks it's been Valrim!'

'Haha! You said it Thoril! The UI is my favourite major, and sometimes I still can't believe those pointy-eared posers really swing open their gates and invite us in to smash their teams on their own soil!

'That's right, and this year we've not only seen our kinsmen excel at breaking Elven bodies but also their hearts too, as several teams have gone deep into the qualifiers. First up is Ura Tool Founding Fathers who face off against Lizardmen in the Jade Lantern final.'

'Oh I love these guys Thoril. They've already stomped on two Elf teams to get to this final, and their Runner Jefferson is a beast of a Dwarf. Blitzer Franklin will be a big miss for the final but you've got to back coach Cavetroll here.'

'Coming through in the Grey Lantern final is Tonight is the night who face the Averheim Rangers.

'Wow, what a team! Skill, muscle, experience, they've got it all! They didn't even concede a touchdown on the way here Thoril! Can you see a bunch of skinny humans besting this juggernaut? You've got to be kidding!'

'Next up is the Golden Lantern, and the Silvermine Skullcleavers, who'll be facing Amazons or High Elves in the final.'

'No wonder their opponents are in no hurry to reach the final - the Skullcleavers lived up to their name in the last match, putting six humans in the cas box! These guys have two Slayers built like tanks, and if I was an Amazon i'd be heading for the first ship back to Lustria!'

'In the Celestial Lantern final, the Purple Delvers face off against the human pirates of Red Corsair.'

'The Delvers are like a diamond, Thoril, they're small and perfectly-formed. But this small package hits like a Giant, racking up twelve cas in their first two games! Combine that with more tournament trophies than the national vault could hold and I'd suggest those pirates order some extra peg legs!'

'I couldn't agree more Valrim. Now the finalists aside, another three Dwarven teams are still in with a hunt in the other qualifiers. I'm sure I speak for all you viewers out there when I saw we're right behind you lads, let's turn this Elven tournament into a good olf fashioned Bugman's brew-up! This has been Dwarf Watch!'

Last edited by King_Ghidra on %b %23, %2015 - %19:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2015 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

In the backroom of the DBBN studios there is a heated debate going on.

"Dude, what about ApartaPapQueTeempapalapapa taking on the Blood Sea Buccaneers?"

"What? Who?"

"You know, that awesome team from over the hill and under the mountain? Apartapapawueteempapalapapa."

"And those guys are squaring off against the Blood Sea Buccaneers?"

"Yeah, should be a good fight with Apartapapaqueteempapalapapa smashing them to kibble bits."

"Ok, rookie, let me tell you how it is around here at the DBBN. Any dorf team named Qpartapapaqueteempapalapapa will NEVER EVER BE MENTIONED AGAIN!!!! That team name is a abomination to the dorf race and should never be uttered again. In fact for that match I will find my old tattered BSB game day Krikack jersey and show up with the Buc fans."

"I thoughT at the DBBN we were Dorf Homers?"

The door slams shut and he can hear the cabalvision show go live outside the door with no mention of Apartpapaqueteempapalapapa.

Last edited by PainState on %b %23, %2015 - %19:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2015 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing Very Happy wasn't a quali final, that's why i left it out
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2015 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

King_Ghidra wrote:

'That's right, and this year we've not only seen our kinsmen excel at breaking Elven bodies but also their hearts too, as several teams have gone deep into the qualifiers. First up is Ura Tool Founding Fathers who face off against Lizardmen in the Jade Lantern final.'

'Oh I love these guys Thoril. They've already stomped on two Elf teams to get to this final, and their Runner Jefferson is a beast of a Dwarf. Blitzer Franklin will be a big miss for the final but you've got to back coach Stonetroll here.'

Great coverage, but it's Cavetroll not Stonetroll. Hope that doesn't change your prediction Wink

My Jade Lantern qualifier final is scheduled for 3/27/15 at 0200 server time.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2015 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Sea Buccaneers VS the dwarf team with a legendary name so long no one can pronounce.

Very Happy

Tuesday 19:00 BB time.

Buccaneers going for their 6th qualifier final.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2015 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:

Great coverage, but it's Cavetroll not Stonetroll. Hope that doesn't change your prediction Wink.

Embarassed Utterly ashamed, sorry! All the best in the final!
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2015 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:
King_Ghidra wrote:

'Oh I love these guys Thoril. They've already stomped on two Elf teams to get to this final, and their Runner Jefferson is a beast of a Dwarf. Blitzer Franklin will be a big miss for the final but you've got to back coach Stonetroll here.'

Great coverage, but it's Cavetroll not Stonetroll. Hope that doesn't change your prediction Wink

SEE! SEE! IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!
happygrue

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2015 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Cavetroll wrote:
King_Ghidra wrote:

It's easy to get them confused... they are both such big luckers! Razz

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2015 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
Cavetroll wrote:
King_Ghidra wrote:

It's easy to get them confused... they are both such big luckers! Razz

While I may be flattered to be confused with Stonetroll, I don't know if he feels the same way.

At any rate, he's a bigger lucker than me because he's won a Major. Perhaps the Tools can change that.

No worries, King_Ghidra. As you can see you are not alone.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Time to chase around a lil gobbro'fied monkey

Jump to: