42 coaches online • Server time: 09:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes that's legal
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Yes that's legal

Ok, I thought so, thanks.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
I'm trying out Undead Pirates in the RRR. They look a bit strong with the 6548 Vampire Lord (especially once he gets some skills with the general access), but I'll see how they do. Smile

I'm not sure you will. I've been playing a similar team and I have found them pretty tough. You really need several vampires working in unison to get the best out of them.

He'll struggle to keep his team with him and for them to make the most of his awesomeness. The fact that he's also not trustworthy (based around the fluff of mad Vampire Luthor Harkon).

See how you get on, but I'd be surprised if they were overpowered in reality.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand the rationale about the fluff for them, and I understand that they are almost certainly a team that should be aiming for high TV, but the st2 titchy+stunty no dodge on nurglings for Daemons of Nurgle makes low tv somewhat horrific when they are going to be about 50% of your team for a number of games.

Unless your opponent rolls 1 for FA with alarming frequency, you are going to be taking heavy casualties, and a few plaguebearers and a GUO can't do much when heavily outnumbered. It effectively means you must win the toss.

I've checked the sprint table and there's hardly anyone playing them, so no effective sample size for me to compare my (shoddy) coaching against, but there's only one team that's had a win that didn't get it with ag3 plaguebearers in the team and it was vs 1 reroll Khorne... It does seem to me a bit futile that a team that cannot ball should be bad at bashing too :\

Anyone got any advice besides "get better" and "get more positionals"? Wink

Last edited by ArrestedDevelopment on %b %03, %2016 - %04:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Although with this roster I do tend to agree. I think a lot of you are misunderstanding the concept.

The more rosters you have, the more tiers you'll need. It isn't wise to try and fit all the new rosters into the tier structure we have. Especially as from LRB5 onward they decreased the amount of tiers.

As I said earlier, all these rosters aren't famous. They aren't well known. There are no great teams from these races/rosters. Which suggests that they tend to be weaker than the CRP roster teams; which is how it should be.

Then if you add the super teams (2nd ed teams/dungeon bowl teams) you'll have a tier on top of the tier one (potentially).

What this does is a few things. For starters, you can't look at competitions like you would CRP teams (well you can, but there won't be as much balance). You also have to look at potentially handicapping differently (some rosters just won't be able to compete against others no matter the TV difference).

So you could have divisions where very low tier (academy teams, pubbowl style teams) compete against each other and divisions where super teams compete against each other. That's always how I saw it anyway.

Which means handicapping should be looked at differently. TV based inducements don't work so well in CRP let alone a system with potentially 5 tiers. Competition win rates or divisional standings I think is the way to go.

Anyway with nurgle. FA is fine for the casualty rate. It's better than dodge. Titchy is a 2 edge sword there. Helps them to dodge away, but makes TZs a bit of a joke.

Possibly 2 types of Nurglings? One with titchy the other without maybe? Or just give them dodge I guess. Titchy dodge ag2 is pretty interesting.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well for the most part Garion (or anyone else involved in creation) has not really stated the desired "tier" for any race in SL, nor has there really been any decree of where the balancing act begins - I don't have an issue with that at all incidentally, effectively this is a bit like discovering bloodbowl for the first time and not really having a reference point to compare to. And as such, it's quite impossible to say something is out of line with expectations - hence why I just provide feedback with my feelings on it, I'm quite happy with an answer of "working as intended" Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the premise of SL was created by 3 people. Garion then went ahead and did the vast majority of the impressive legwork and came up SL.

That wasn't aimed at you at all. Just the general vibe of 'is this roster balanced?'.

As I said I think you have a fair point with the nurglings. Probably a good idea to go back look at the fluff again and see what works.
Wex

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 07:34 Reply with quote Back to top

More general thing: Daemons of Slaanesh roster, the linemen are called "Cultists". Can you rename them "Cultist", because as it stands it implies that there are multiple people inside those uniforms.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes will rename them thanks for spotting that.

Arrested Development - the rosters were designed with the existing tiers in mind, as I do not want teams being completely unplayable like crp ogres or totally OP.

The nurgle daemon team almost certainly does need a little buff I agree. As they're pretty hopeless at most things especially at low tv. These buffs will come in the first big roster review if neeeded.

We have stats coming in now so it's all good.

I haven't posted tiers yet mostly because of lack of time, but also wanted people to have fun discovering for them selves though people keep asking me to publish such a list so I will do it at some point.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you need published tiers though? I've always thought the idea of tiers is pretty worthless. What tier are zons for example? Different at different TVs.

On a different note, it'd be interesting to know how many League games are SL games right now. It seems to be a huge amount of the sites figures. I very much doubt a League group has ever achieved something like that before.
AzraelEVA

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:

but there's only one team that's had a win that didn't get it with ag3 plaguebearers in the team

Again the plaguebearers might have Ag 3 on the roster page but since it was changed they have AG 2 in the Game Client
jdm

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
...the rosters were designed with the existing tiers in mind, as I do not want teams being completely unplayable like crp ogres or totally OP...

You played that snotling roster? Really Stupid is significantly worse than bonehead.

Don't think there's anything wrong with the roster as is, part of the reason I'm using it is because it seems to be the worst team available. And they're very fun with a terrifying LOS. But they're worse than crp ogres for sure. Pump Wagon might carry some weight for the team but you either need to only have 4 trolls (in which case you're outnumbered in the drives the wagon isn't on) or have a hefty TV.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Wex wrote:
More general thing: Daemons of Slaanesh roster, the linemen are called "Cultists". Can you rename them "Cultist", because as it stands it implies that there are multiple people inside those uniforms.

Fixed
Roland

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

@Daemons of Nurgle discussion:
The other daemon team with stunty positionals, Tzeentch, does have one more positional. Perhaps Nurgle need too? 0-2 of something for ball handling?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

jdmickleburgh wrote:
Garion wrote:
...the rosters were designed with the existing tiers in mind, as I do not want teams being completely unplayable like crp ogres or totally OP...

You played that snotling roster? Really Stupid is significantly worse than bonehead.

Don't think there's anything wrong with the roster as is, part of the reason I'm using it is because it seems to be the worst team available. And they're very fun with a terrifying LOS. But they're worse than crp ogres for sure. Pump Wagon might carry some weight for the team but you either need to only have 4 trolls (in which case you're outnumbered in the drives the wagon isn't on) or have a hefty TV.

Ha yes that's true and intentional. They're only there for a laugh really Smile

Nurgle - The problem is nurgles rot was meant to give the team a rotter but this does not work.

The idea was that while the starting roster is fairly weak they get better the more opponents they turn into rotters. Sadly nurgles rot only resurrects players as an existing player in that roster so they had to be nurglings as well, instead of rotters. As this hasn't worked as intended a buff will probably be needed.
 Jump to: