46 coaches online • Server time: 14:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post What To Do In My Tur...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Piling On gone. Good or bad?
Piling On needed to go.
47%
 47%  [ 75 ]
I would have kept it.
36%
 36%  [ 57 ]
Unsure.
15%
 15%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 157

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
JellyBelly wrote:

Main negatives:

1. Elfnado. Along with the removal of spiralling expenses, this may be playing too much into elven hands and we may see them dominate.
2. Lower attrition means that we may see more monster teams and near-immortal, dominant legends.

point 2 deletes point 1.
without aging, welcome to Nurgle's Age!

I think there's a good chance we'll see more monster elf teams. Btw, CRP had no aging, and we've just been in Nurgle's Age Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
You might well end up being the correct Purple - there was some social media chatter earlier coming out of the WW weekend about there potentially being new Goblin positionals in the works. That feels weird to me, since there were a lot of pre-release soothing noises (re: change) and they made the effort to put out a new team list on Friday featuring new names and a new Halfling skill. Changing things again after all of that (change following change) jars with me a bit, perhaps that's because I don't play other GW games and I'm used to BB rules just arriving as a complete set (mainly an LRB 4 first nerd, some prior experience). Potentially (and it's only a bit of chatter so far with little context, not a thing) colour me purple. Er, surprised.

Either way, exciting times, and playing BB. Yep and yep, an attitude we should all be behind. It will be what it will be, and we'll catch up eventually, I expect. It'll still be yummy Blood Bowl.

Urm, I think day one edits are possibly a new low though for a while they have kind of often been half baking rules, not releasing the lot together or primarily thinking about snazy new unique rules to a codex to sell models rather than first a balanced game. Weeping Blade is a small example of this.

This might be the first BB rules change I have gone through but I play or have played in the past 40k, fantasy and LoR and gone through about what is something like about 15 editions at least double the number supplements and all the codexs/ army books etc to go with them. Since the old guard of writers left it's becoming more of a theme. Not one I enjoy but there we go.

I got my first models aged 8 almost 2 decades ago so not likely to give up, will buy a team or two for races I like when the come out given this is my first chance at GW BB teams since I got into the game but I'm a little wistful that BB seems to be about to get the same treatment against what the hobby has previously been.

DLE College 7s
Crook666

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a logic option to nerf Piling On instead of removing it would have been to treat it like a foul. The opponent is on the ground after all and referee should regard at piling on like a not allowed action/dirty play. So a foul roll for piling on, on double the player goes out because the referee spots the not allowed action. This would make the coach think twice about using it, and reduce the incidence of the clawpomb combo in games.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook666 wrote:
I think a logic option to nerf Piling On instead of removing it would have been to treat it like a foul. The opponent is on the ground after all and referee should regard at piling on like a not allowed action/dirty play. So a foul roll for piling on, on double the player goes out because the referee spots the not allowed action. This would make the coach think twice about using it, and reduce the incidence of the clawpomb combo in games.

That would be like taking PO completely off the game. Why would i foul with my top blitzer? Just use another chap with dirty player and with assists it's better than piling on, even with claw vs av10.
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the issue with PO has been that it appeared to be designed to be a high risk high reward skill but in practice their wasn't that much risk to it. Compare it to leap which has a very good balance to it. Yes leap can do amazing things but you are also usually risking a turnover and potential Armour roll on a very good player with it. At a minimum PO needed higher risk in my opinion, I think making it a foul would of been too much but giving the player the ability to KO or even just stun themselves would of helped I think.

Still I do prefer it being eliminated completely than it staying it it's CRP form.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

tbh, i think, on balance, these are good changes

and more big elf teams will just make it funny when they get destroyed. will be nice to see the hate move on to elfs rather than chaos goats. #makinelfsgreatagain

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

NAF are keeping the old Piling On rules for tournaments!
They put that the new rule (or optional skill removal) are clearly designed for Leagues.
Check the recent posts on thenaf.net site. (naf rules from feb 2017). The reason being that Timmmmber and Argue The Call buff stunties except for Ogres who can make more use of Piling On.

Last edited by garyt1 on %b %14, %2016 - %06:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Fine for NAF to keep PO, it's hardly even picked and I guess only on big guys.

It wouldn't have a big impact for them either way.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

with most NAF tournaments you never get the killstack, so PO on its own is fine

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 05:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have loved to have a GFI toss when Piling On.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
will be nice to see the hate move on to elfs rather than chaos goats. #makinelfsgreatagain

Well it has never happened yet, can't see it happening tbh. PPl whine about players dying, not getting beaten. If anything it will be Dorfs that get the flak now.

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
pythrr wrote:
will be nice to see the hate move on to elfs rather than chaos goats. #makinelfsgreatagain

Well it has never happened yet, can't see it happening tbh. PPl whine about players dying, not getting beaten. If anything it will be Dorfs that get the flak now.

That's ok, Dwarfs are manly, Dwarfs can take the hate, unlike all the sissy Chaos/Nurgz. Hell, that's all Dwarfs have gotten for 15 years or so. What's another 15 years of hate? Very Happy

Go Dwarfs!

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

While removing PO hurt Dwarfs and Orcs, it hurts Chaos more. But not as much as it hurts Humans. But hopefully this changes the meta enough to get humans other avenues to go down rather than pure bash.

Will be interesting how this pans out.

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I think dwarf hate has never stopped going, I certainly hate them.

I'm glad they removed it, as plenty of games are bloody without it, and it seemed to me to remove a lot of skill from the game, both literally (players dying) and figuratively (how hard is it to just just block pile on every turn?).

However, I hope that players who have the skill can continue to have it, and without the new rules, kind of like the old 12 ogre, ogre teams. That way they can be hunted down and eliminated one by one, with wonderful satisfaction when they are killed off.
 Jump to: