43 coaches online • Server time: 00:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Last chance!!! - May...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2005 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

FRINGE LEAGUE

Thanks once again for the debate and the 'unofficial' poll... (/me jackboots all over that! Razz)

The rules are this:

1. ONLY SWL COACHES. If you prove you are an Aussie/Kiwi and come to the #swl channel and wish to join the SWL, then you may enter this tournament. All existing SWL coaches are welcome as well. Anyone outside this cannot apply.

2. Any coach passing Rule #1 may enter any team they like. An SWL team, an old Unranked team, a Ranked team (needs to be converted to DivU first). The team must be LRB compliant (no stunties or pacts). Each coach can ONLY have 3 teams.

3. Once your teams are in The Fringe, you MUST ONLY PLAY OTHER FRINGE TEAMS. You cannot go off and pick on some 13 year old Italian schoolgirl playing halflings for "recovery" purposes. Anyone caught flaunting this rule will be punted from the SWL. You can bring teams in, but once in, they stay in. Once out, they stay out. Hope that is clear.

4. Tournaments: All coaches have the right to start a tournament. If you have an idea, contact one of the Fringe Admins (see the large list of names on the Fringe page) and ask to be set up. If you get hold of Snorri, he may even make you an Admin so that for ease of management, you can set up your idea yourself (if only on a temp basis).

5. Tournaments are only limited by your imagination. Be creative and encourage your fellow SWL'ers to join you. Instant Tournaments are also encouraged. In general though, please be considerate and dont set up any 32 round mega season leagues... short and sharp is the emphasis I want to make. Also, make the titles creative so you can have some bizarre trophy on your coach info page.

6. This is about fun. You only get out of it what you put into it.

Any questions, please email the admins at swladmin@hotmail.com

And in case you missed it, here is the link:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2533
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 06:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Righto folks, I'm ready to get this fringe kickstarted with a warped version of an idea oz came up with.

The KILL BILL challenge.

Tonight I will be making up a team, it won't be a regenerating team though.

The idea is that anyone who wants can challenge this team and cause as many casualties as possible. My objective will simply be to survive for as many games as possible. I am not allowed an apothecary, so all damage will be permanent, and to make sure it is relatively swift - no replacement players may be purchased - all cash will be blown on temporary measures like star players and wizards.

Whoever happens to be the person who knocks off the last player on the team will inherit the KILL BILL mantle and make their team, and the process will begin again. Success will be measured purely by games lasted, though we may eventually come up with a handicap system for if someone wants to have a crack with flings to have a chance for example.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

WOW! What a GREAT IDEA!!! Who came up with such an impressive and fun plan?!?

Although Chunky...I think in order to keep it fairish...That whatever team you pick as the "Bill" than all subsequent teams should be that race. As we discussed in email Dwarves have a much better chance than Skaven. In fact I think Skaven should be the race! But leave it open to the good people of the SWL to debate.

But WHAT A PLAN! Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Boo! I say let em go whatever race they want. If they want to be the big bad bullies and go Dwarfs, we'll all give em crap for being such a wuss! Not to mention I'm interested in it as a pseudo academic exercise as well!

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Policy

Folks, Policy doc has been updated. Please check it out when you get a chance.

SWL Policy/Rules

In short, important changes are thus:

Newbies: It is now up to date and properly reflects our current structure/rules. It also has a quick start guide to getting into the SWL at the front end.

Admins and others: With the quick start guide and the rest of the document organised a little more concisely we can hopefuly use it as the first thing to point to when a newbie arrives, might be easier than trying to explain it over irc to begin with.

Everyone!: Only major change to last season (apart from the setup of the Fringe) is in the Draft. We've decided to go against the 'old boys' style of giving priority picks to Premier/Conf/Regional retirees. Of anyone, those experienced enough to get to prem are the last ones that need coddling and really ought to be looking for something more of a challenge! So now everyone goes into the draft randomly...retired premiership holder and keen as mustard newbie have exactly the same chance of being drawn first.

There are two exceptions to the random draw:

The first is the 'wild card'. This is the only way now to get a priority pick in the draft. There is currently 1 wild card up for grabs. It will go to the winner of the TR100 tourney at the season's end.

The second is for teams who for whatever reason, forfeit their last few games. If they do wish to come back in next season, they can, but are automatically relegated to the bottom of the draft. Dropping out is simply unsporting, creates forfeits which diminish the enthusiasm for all members in your group and deprives the other teams of gaining SPP's - bad form!

Cheers,
Snorri.
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

chunky04 wrote:
Boo! I say let em go whatever race they want. If they want to be the big bad bullies and go Dwarfs, we'll all give em crap for being such a wuss! Not to mention I'm interested in it as a pseudo academic exercise as well!

You are right chunky! Let it run wild! Why should only Skaven be hunted...let them ALL run for their LIVES as they are hunted down from all over the fringe!

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

An All Orc Tournament has been set up to run from this weekend for two weeks. All Orc teams will be included unless I am PM'ed otherwise. Check out the PM's for rules etc...
Snorri

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Pygmies fixed and Goblin Cheaters added to the SWLBowl Pack (see here for info on it). Hadn't realised they were missing till yesterday.

Not sure where your icon settings came from OB - but they weren't from the SWL Bowl pack Wink The new pack now has special icons for gobbo chainsaws and kickers as well as the usual goblin bomber and fanatic icons.

Let me know if you use it and find a stunty race that isn't working! Takes me a while to go through them with the few stunty games I get, and like with the Pygmies, find out I'd made a typo in the script.

Cheers,
Snorri
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2005 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

meh?!?
I must have done a combo of your one and the one in the downloads section.
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone...I have started a new thread in this section called "SWL Fringe". Please use it for various discussions related to the running and/or planning of Fringe events. Thanks to Toonie for running the first Fringe Instant T!

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Just noticed...Carlton United and the Black Crowes have both played 52 games. Are there any longer serving teams in the SWL past or present?

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The Maniac Mammalians II are close behind with 48. But haven't played the last two seasons.
Sandune

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

SSS has played 61, but there are a few teams with more. Toonies Norse with 87 are one example.
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

87...wow!

52 is my best with ANY team...so better keep them alive if they want TRUE legend status (although I rekon forfeits have cost them dearly) Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep 87, slowly creeping up on the 100 game mark.

Hope the boys are in Prem when they reach it.