43 coaches online • Server time: 21:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
danielcollins

Post   Posted: May 07, 2007 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok .... this topic will run for the duration of The Hunt.

It will contain all rules within this first post which will be edited. If new situations spring up during the tourney i will add them here, so check it on a semi-regular basis or if you have a query. Match reports with details of score and CAS (specifically gumbi CAS) should be posted here as well, just remember to talk up your gumbi's game! It is important that you keep at least a record of your points in the forum, as the tourney scoring system will not add points for gumbi CAS.

Tourney page:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3332

Rules:

This is for Khemri, Undead, Necro and Vamp teams only. Once we have started and The Hunt is underway, there may be no games played outside of the tourney.

It will be an open round robin arrangement. This means it is totally open. The only restriction is that you can only play each team once. The number of games, who you play, and in what order is up to each individual. Of course the more games you play, the higher your chances of glory.

Each team must contain an unskilled lineman (zombie, skele or thrall) called gumbi. The pic should be the classic "Aviator". It can be found by using the swl link gumbi command (thnx snorri).

+5pts for win, -1 per TD. +2 per normal CAS, +5(BH), +10(SI) or +15(RIP) for a gumbi CAS.

Once either gumbi is OFF the pitch, game ends and players click thru turns, even if he comes out of the KO box.

Gumbi may not foul.

Certain handicaps are altered. Gumbi may not be given Iron Man, for obvious reasons. Gumbi may not be given a Handicap which instills skills or abilities (Illegal drugs, Buzzing, Knuckledusters etc).

Handicaps which directly affect gumbi (eg Morley's Revenge) are not allowed and should be rerolled.

In the rare event of a heat wave which affects gumbi, reload until both gumbis are on pitch.

If your gumbi gains a skill, you are out! Shame on you!

And that's it at this stage....if you have any suggestions or queries post them here or grab me in irc.

REMEMBER - SAVE THE GUMBI, SAVE THE WORLD!!!

Last edited by danielcollins on %b %15, %2007 - %14:%May; edited 4 times in total
Patrician

Post   Posted: May 08, 2007 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

This is going to be so much fun.

So there are no points for KO'ing Gumbi?
OldBugman

Post   Posted: May 08, 2007 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Awww but I wanna use Dr Livingston Gumbi.
Longshanks

Post   Posted: May 08, 2007 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

What if Gumbi gets any skills during the course of the tournament? I mean I know Gumbi's slow and all Wink but he might fluke a couple of MVP's in a row. Can a Gumbi take a get a skill or not ?

Does the client let you play with a roster where a player has a skill pending? You can't for example buy another reroll if you haven't rolled all your players skills.
Patrician

Post   Posted: May 08, 2007 - 06:45 Reply with quote Back to top

In that case Gumbi could take Dirty Player - you'd be hardly likely to foul with him, would you? Too risky....

Post   Posted: May 08, 2007 - 06:52 Reply with quote Back to top

clearly shadowing would be better for a zombie Smile

Post   Posted: May 09, 2007 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The Hunt is underway!

Unfortunately it didn't include Pyscho's team, sorry mate, don't know what went wrong.....

Longshanks: If your gumbi gets a skill, you are kicked out....but seriously.....as if
Patrician

Post   Posted: May 09, 2007 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Errrm...minus one point per TD? Smile...whats with that?
danielcollins

Post   Posted: May 09, 2007 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

for every touchdown you score, you lose a point....geez i thought that was pretty straight forward
nonchalance

Post   Posted: May 10, 2007 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

And we're under way!
Toonie and I played the first match, with my handicap-pumped Undead proving no match for his nasty-arse wolves, stat-heavy wights, and Ramtut The Mother****er.

My gumbi got bh'd in T6 of the first half.
Patrician

Post   Posted: May 10, 2007 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'll be up for some Gumbi hunt tonight, what with fumbbl being down last night.......damn it...

Post   Posted: May 10, 2007 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

if you don't post a quick match report and score tally you will be cheated of gumbi CAS....the scoring system can not distinguish gumbi from a normal player, so it will only give you the +2
Toonie

Post   Posted: May 10, 2007 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

First match my necro vs nonchalence's undies.

game 1
My necro win 1-0 and bh non's gumbi. 5(win)+5(gumbi bh)+2(normal cas)-1(td)= 11.
Non's undies caused 1 cas = 2 points.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2007 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Toonie wrote:

He should wash them more often...
nonchalance

Post   Posted: May 10, 2007 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
Toonie wrote:

He should wash them more often...

But then I'd never get any cas at ALL.