39 coaches online • Server time: 15:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
On1

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok currently when raising a player, either using raise dead or nurgles rot. The player will take the 1st # on team available. (and the player might be named Sponge Bob01111)

It would be cool if raised players had a "raise" button next to them. Just like "hire" next to journeymen. This would allow you to change name of the player if you wish, and to move him to a different player slot.

Some like to keep their roster neat Wink

edit: oh and i forgot to add, this will take some of the workload off of the admins in the long run. Since numerous people ask for name changes on raised players. And there will only be more raised players now, since all players on nurgle teams have nurgles rot! Smile
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I think changing their # would be fine, but changing their name? Just because Bob is a rotting shell of his former self, doesn't mean he's still not Bob! If you don't want Sponge Bob01111 on your team... Don't Kill him! Razz
On1

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you don't have to change his name. But having the option is nice.

Also i think someone infected with nurgles rot, deserves a name change... We can't have rotters running around named "Princess" or "Hello Kitty"
Irgy

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Another solution for people who want organised teams (such as myself) is to simply put the raisable player type in the early number slots, so that when that number is assigned it always fits in. The LRB4 client seems to have a good rule for which number to assign, I've found it's always put the player in the right place for me even when I've left low numbers open from dead werewolves and the like.

I completely disagree with changing the names though, keeping other people's silly names is part of the fun of running a necro/undead/nurgle team.
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be nice to be able to change any players number whenever you wanted. It would be a godsend for organization.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

u change-a my name-a, i kill-a yoo!

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The reason i mention this as it is.

Is because currently when using journeymen, you are able to hire them after match. When you do so you can change name/#, i was just thinking it would be easy to apply this to the "raised" players.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

+1

(And I will for sure keep Irgy's solution in mind, thanks!)
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I've always felt keeping the name of the killed player is part of the charm. But in certain cases when people are either too imaginative with names (ie. containing leet speak), or too little (ie. Lineman 1) I see the point in being able to change it.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I think names should stay as they were, but it would be nice to choose the number of the player you are raising.

As a complete aside, it would also be nice to give a player a 'nickname' when they hit 51 SPPs.

I.E. Dave Jones with VLL could become Dave 'Long Legs' Jones.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
As a complete aside, it would also be nice to give a player a 'nickname' when they hit 51 SPPs.

That would be so great... Worth a thread on its own?
On1

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
I think names should stay as they were.

Currently you can ask an admin to change the name.

So if you can do it now, by stealing a random admins time. Then i see no reason to not implement a tool that enables you to do it yourself.

And Christer, it's like raising a journeyman (without loner) with a "raise/retire" instead of "hire" after match Razz
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:
I think names should stay as they were.

Currently you can ask an admin to change the name.

So if you can do it now, by stealing a random admins time. Then i see no reason to not implement a tool that enables you to do it yourself.

And Christer, it's like raising a journeyman (without loner) with a "raise/retire" instead of "hire" after match Razz

So, stop admins changing the names then Razz
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombies and Rotters deserve to keep their names. What a shameful practice On1.

It isn't enough that they died, and have to move cities and adjust to a new team and game book, but you want to change their names too! I'm going to unionize these poor, recently departed souls.
 Jump to: