32 coaches online • Server time: 08:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Beta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

i just get annoyed by the periodic nasty bugs which threaten to break a game; nearly had one today; fortunately the game didnt' break; but i ended my turn to make recovery more likely; it'd raelly be nice if the bugs were fixed so things like that couldn't happen at all. (what happened is the bug wherein you have one of your opponent's players block themselves)
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

What is even more nice is having a client available for free programmed by someone on his spare time.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

After 457 games with the new client I have had 1 game ending bug, 1 bug that cost a turn, and some minor niggles. I can live with that.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure we all want to know when bugs will be fixed and when skills will be implemented. But until then, enjoy what we have, and report new bugs when you find them.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Good advice Shraaaag.
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

personally; i'd rather have an open-source project so I could fix the bugs myself.
THe bugs I encounter are mostly the failure to validate kind; wherein commands entered with the ctrl-keys fail to validate thinhgs like whether player has already moved, and whether it's yoru player. Those should be fixable by others with code access; and I know enough to try do 'em myself.
Mostly I concern cuz it feels like Kalimar is busy and his work is on hiatus.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

thank nuffle it isnt open source... that would be a mess... and 'i know enough to try do 'em myself' doesnt really convince me of your expertise.

So just wait and be grateful people dedicate so much time for free on the client, site and many other things that keep the FUMBBL boat floating...
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

that's a poor argument woodstock; as there are some quite decent open source projects out there. open source projects still have people in control to make sure the main distributions don't get full of sloppy work.
Just look at triplea and Battle for Wesnoth for some good quality open source projects.
The fact that you aren't familiar with open source doesn't convince me of your counterexpertise Razz
stej

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Regardless of bugs or no. All clients made on this site, for free, by individuals giving their time in a labour of love is brilliant. I think my oldest team in TT was about 7 games max. Here, its over 100. To those that code, I salute you
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah.. stick to that zlefin. If you were seriously you would've contacted Kalimar and offered your help instead of complaining and asking something that has been denied from the start.
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

woodstock; just stop talking; you're just giving youself a bad image. i already tried contacting kalimar.
Freppa

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL

*hands Zlefin a penny so he can buy himself an improved perspective*
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

or, you know, the limited amount of bugs that are game-breaking, and your insistence on whining about them, leads me to believe that you aren't familiar with anything...at all...

except being a whiny brat...

--j

ImageImage
Kryten

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 06:44
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The gamebreaking bug he referred to results when you click on the Time Out button during a block. When you do that, it's best to click on your opponent's blocking player and cancel the block. Most of the rest of us can manage both 1) to play fast enough that timeouts don't happen and 2) to refrain from clicking the Time Out button on the rare occasions an opponent is a bit slow.
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 07:18
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Only 2 bugs that enfuriates me on a day to day bases is the incorect rolls for for takeroot/standup/blitz/ttm for flings. And that if you hit your own player with a ttm that it ends your turn.

Apart from that love the new client and the way it integrates with the site. Huzar!