19 coaches online • Server time: 04:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What would make you play this league?
I like it as it is - I'll apply right now
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
I would play it if I could but I'm not from scandinavia
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
I don't like the rules - change them to... (specify below)
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Nothing to be done - Kill that league
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Pie!
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 21

Tricktickler

Post   Posted: May 18, 2006 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Orangensaft wrote:
Some special bonuses sounds like a good idea too - maybe a fair play bonus (no SI or RIP or fouls in a game) and others like that - (have to think about more of those)

Just an advice. Do not include "special bonuses" if you want to run a <b>serious</b> league. Things like handing out extra points for hattricks and for fouling is only suitable in unserious playful stunty types of leagues.

ClayInfinity wrote:
Perhaps you should copy the best league on fumbbl, the Southern Wastes League. Not meaning to sound cocky or arrogant, but we've been running for 3years and have anywhere between 60-90 coaches involved at anyone time.

Wrong. SWL is very succesful but it is only the second best league on fumbbl! Everyone knows that The Swedish League is the real best one (or at least it has the best coaches) and it is being run pretty similar to SWL.

Anyway I really like the idea of turning the Scandinavian League into an European League and run it exactly like SWL.
JoeKano

Post   Posted: May 20, 2006 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

heheheheh.......Phase 1 almost complete...soon all leagues will come to see SWL is the way...........

Post   Posted: May 20, 2006 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

To add to Tricks comment: We are on our 15:th season now so we are clearly in the lead. Wink (also we have ran four KO-tournies with all the teams in addition to the 15 regular seasons).

And to brag further we have succeeded with the impossible and run a stable league. 11 stables with three coaches each playing in Davie's cup style round robin, all stables facing each others each season and no stable has dropped out.

Why have this league run so smoothly? I would say that it is at least 90% because we have an irc channel with 20-30 coaches in it during the evenings. Once a league is big enough it will keep running by it's own accords as their will always be enough coaches to play in the coming season so you can be harsh with the deadlines and bans against the uncommited coaches.

What YOU need to do as a commish is to create a community around the league. As it is hard to make people come to an empty irc channel the easiest way of doing this is to send out PM:s where you talk about the rounds matches, who won against all odds, what star players have been killed etc.
For example, in the Swedish stable league SideShowBob wrote a colum every week where he made predictions of the matchups and then commented the results, it has been very appreciated.