43 coaches online • Server time: 00:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Satans_mechanic

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2005 - 06:48 Reply with quote Back to top

My original point still stands, you may not be losing, but drawing everything hardly counts as "pwning" Razz Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a message to let whomever our round 3 opponents will be know that Volcom will be doing round 3 match picks for the Axis

thanks all, cyas when i get back.
Rabid_Bogscum

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Gonna make 1 comment because although I greatly respect all of the guys who go to the trouble of running the various tourneys and leagues I have a gripe. I had thought I had approached a problem in the right way, but to say I am very unimpressed with the reply of a certain SWL Admin would be an absolute understatement. Get off your bloody High Horse mate. We are all good people here, and respectful approaches to address a percieved problem should be met with respect in kind, not your rude arrogance.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabid and for everyone's benefit,

Forums are not for direct complaints (they are for general griping and whinging, but not direct complaints Razz)...

I am happy to receive complaints via the swladmin@hotmail.com account.

So lets nip whatever this is in the bud here please.

Cheers,
Clay
Rabid_Bogscum

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

thought I was being noble leaving names out
Laviak

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

So .... worth starting a discussion on some of the ideas people have had for ways to improve stable?

My 2 cents for the time being:

1. bigger stables would be good fun -- imo there's no need to have 10+ different groups of teams... even just 4 or 8 (it is nice to keep a nice even number) should be enough -- maybe make the size of stables dependent on the number of people keen on playing rather than the number of stables -- it's easier to build rivalries between stables if there are just a few of them Very Happy

2. 5 points for a sweep is probably a little excessive - i reckon we want to re-think this one.i actually reckon that the 5/2/1 scoring system is a good one. you get enough points from a sweep (15-3 if there are just 3 teams) that there's no real need for a bonus. (the 1 point is enough to encourage teams to play their games too i think)

3. we may want to think about alternatives for choosing the matchups ... this probably depends a bit on how big the stables are. If there were 6 teams in each stable, taking turns to pick a matchup might be ok ... or picking 1, then 2 at a time from then on (if the first pick is important enough).

Virral

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2005 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I think three in a stable are enough, assuming everyone is willing to put the time in. I agree with the 5/2/1 though, that extra 5 points put a few stables lightyears ahead of the rest.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I reckon if we make it to our second season we should change our name. Calling anything in the SWL "stable" was bound to be powerful voodoo.

Oz in dramatic fashion suggests "Group Hug". I dunno though, can't have the Yanks thinking we're a bunch of cuddly, souvenir'ish koala bears. We have a BB reputation to maintain!

Hmm...do we actually have a BB reputation? So often seem to be forgotten about down here.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Snorri wrote:
Hmm...do we actually have a BB reputation? So often seem to be forgotten about down here.

Sssh!!

Don't say things like that! You'll upset the Euro's!!

Shocked
annachie

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

"SWL group of 3 teams v group of 3 teams thingy"?
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Clan Wars, Battle Royale
KingKurt

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I am also interested, keep me informed please.

Area is Germany.
Toonie

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry KingKurt, but this is for the Southern Wastes League only.
And a name change sounds interesting.
Also the 5 point bonus for a clean sweep was too much, as we had some of the stables get the sweep because of forfeits, it made it harder for the teams that played all their games.
Maybe a bonus point for getting all games played and an extra bonus point for a sweep?
Also for season 2 we might reduce the number of stables, we already have some that have lost members.
Keep up the discussion guys, this can only get better by having imput from you.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Well after a shaky first season we have two stables competing for the honours of SWL Stable League Champions.

Firstly the BFG stable consisting of OldBugman, GooseIam and Platypus.
They'll be taking on the BB stable consisting of BloodReaper, Longshanks and Dravaal.

Good luck to both groups and may the best stable win. (BFG gets first pick)