24 coaches online • Server time: 02:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

*WOO!WOooOO!* Sarcasm Icon detected!!!!

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

personally I'd like to see a time expiration added. ever since the 10 buffer mins were added, 99.9% of the time it was used was due to finishing a slow turn that the coach struggled tactically through, not for emergencies like it was intended. time expiration is officially a turnover in the rules (at least wiht lrb4) for a reason.

that being said, I totally understand there is an "easier said then coded" issue as well as it's more up to Kalimar et al. whatever they produce I'll be fully appreciative and thankful for. you guys rock!

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I'd like to see proper capitalization and punctuation. Ever since people began posting from hand-held devices, 99.9% they couldn't be bothered to capitalize, not enlighten us from exotic locales as was intended. Capitals at the beginning of a sentence are required (at least in English) for a reason.

That being said, I love Arktoris, and there is the issue of me wanting to maintain his friendship. Whatever he posts I will read and not be critical. Arktoris rocks!

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm ... if a timer is brought into play, then I would like to see this important part of the rules implemented:
(page 7, CRP)
"A coach that suffers a turnover is not allowed to take any further Actions that turn, and any Action taken ends immediately ... and then the opposing coach may start to take his turn."
So, there is no automatism between one player ending his turn and the other one starting his. Indeed, "each coach ... must move the Turn marker ... at the start of each and every one of his turns".
This action is what starts the 4 minute timer.
uuni

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... Sorry to butt in, but I think I read people talking about multiple issues here. My hypothesis about the current discussion subjects is:

Gotte: Somebody lead me to believe I can take overtime, but sneakily aborted my turn at the worst moment. I am pissed and feel that I've been lead on. I would have played faster if I had realised this possibility of entrapment.

Some others: Play takes too long / Not long enough / I like pie very much, even on somebody else's face.

If so, then:

@Gotte: I feel your pain, I am a quite slow player myself. I hope I have gained a little speed while playing on FUMBBL. Next time you will beat the bastidge. It will get better. Smile

If I interpreted the discussion wrong, then by all means - what sort of pies do you have in stock, Macavity?
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I was pretty sure we were talking about Spiro's post of the year, but to answer your question: None.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

uuni wrote:
If I interpreted the discussion wrong, then by all means - what sort of pies do you have in stock, Macavity?

Pies do not survive in the presence of Macavity.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

i will enforce the 4 minute timer with an axe.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I will enforce the "no pythrr" rule with a garlic press!

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

What is it that makes it so hard to find a decent garlic press? I have bought three or four of these in the past few years and not a single one works well enough for me to consider it a keeper. Sure, they might be easy to use, but then they will be hard to clean, or vice versa. Thoughts?

On topic: I can see why some people would like a reminder of this type, and if one was included I might even use it myself. I would like it to be an optional feature though.

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty much needs to be steel. I'm guessing you don't have Lee Valley stores in Sweden..... Nothing with any plastic bits will crush pythrr's gonads properly.

Or were you meaning for use with garlic?

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I know we have no Lee Valley stores in Sweden, but then I've never seen pythrr gonads on sale either. So yes, I use garlic in my cooking...

pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
I will enforce the "no pythrr" rule with a garlic press!

racist
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Gran wrote:
As far as I know we have no Lee Valley stores in Sweden, but then I've never seen pythrr gonads on sale either. So yes, I use garlic in my cooking...

my gonads are not for sale

unless you are very very pretty

or have at least $100.

there you have it, i am cheap.
Gran

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
my gonads are not for sale

unless you are very very pretty

or have at least $100.

there you have it, i am cheap.

Err... right. Confused Image

Last edited by Gran on %b %29, %2010 - %23:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: