56 coaches online • Server time: 16:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Draftees For SWL XIV

In no particular order:

Hirola (new coach)
Gregory_n_white (Fringe Coach)
Dammo (Retiring Ogres)
buzzrocks (new coach - returning from SWL IV??)
bartgoon (retiring Lizards)
hoiyes (fringe coach)
Danoman (new coach)
eganra (retiring skaven)
tribalsinner (fringe coach)
kikazz (fringe coach)
Platypus (retiring humans)
Smerbev (fringe coach)
JoeKano (retiring Chaos)

I think thats all she wrote... if you are not on the list and you want in, you better contact the admins NOW.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

i find it amusing that 2 of the 3 coaches still in the TR100 KO are not on the list ... Faulc and Rabid, are you guys gonna be throwing matches so that you don't have to take first draft pick? Laughing

Virral

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I finally extricated myself from the god awful tabletop league I have been in for the past few months. Most of the people there were very nice, no complaints, but to put it mildly the commish was an childish, short-tempered lunatic who killed any enjoyment I might otherwise have gained from taking part. I tried very hard to make the best of it, and I also didn't like to drop out half way through, but the thought of ever being in his presence again makes me cringe (which pretty much rules out Leviathan, since the BB tourny is run by his wife).

If anyone runs/knows of a sydney table top league which is looking for members, preferably lunatic-free, let me know. I am in the inner west, but not adverse to travelling and would love to continue in an ongoing tabletop league.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The Belltower league is being run a bit differently this time around Richard, and it looks pretty good. If you don't already have a link (you've posted in their forums so you should) you can find it through the NAF site - it usually starts in March/April. Its not entirely lunatic free (I played in it after all), but nothing to the level you're talking about.

I know I warned DM about that league, not sure if I did you - either way - I told you so :p

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't believe any mere verbal warning could have prepared me mentally for the awful truth.

I had the Belltower info on my last work computer, I'll dig it up and have another look. My initial feelings on learning a new rule set plus a ream of house rules were not overly positive, but I'm willing to keep an open mind. The main problem from my perspective with 3BL is that I would rather play at a regular time and in a regular venue, than set up games each round at a different place/time depending on when people are free. It isn't a deal-breaker as such, just a personal preference.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 05:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I just checked it out, actually it does sound quite promising. One of my main worries was the fact that all the veteran teams would just squish any newbie team I created into mush. A full reset sounds fine by me.

Still... damn the rule-set is complicated!

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

re:Euc Bowl

Didnt wanna sign up for wargamerAU, but what are the odds of including big guys in the no skills section along with stars?

Proud Member of the SWL
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

For those of you who like to follow the odd career arc of Tommy Dean...he will be appearing on Mix 106.5 FM tomorrow as part of the "Sammy and the Boys" morning program. I will be on air from 6:30am thru 9am.

http://www.mix1065.com.au/

There is a stream feed there for those who may not be around radios (or perhaps for those in other countries) Wink

If you are awake have a listen.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Draft list is now:

ClayInfinity wrote:
Draftees For SWL XIV

In no particular order:

Hirola (new coach)
Gregory_n_white (Fringe Coach)
Dammo (Retiring Ogres)
buzzrocks (new coach - returning from SWL IV??)
bartgoon (retiring Lizards)
hoiyes (fringe coach)
Danoman (new coach)
tribalsinner (fringe coach)
kikazz (fringe coach)
Platypus (retiring humans)
Smerbev (fringe coach)
JoeKano (retiring Chaos)
DrDiscoStu (new coach)

I think thats all she wrote... if you are not on the list and you want in, you better contact the admins NOW.

eganra isnt actually drafting...
and DrDisco was missed... he should have read the instructions on subject ettiquette Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by ClayInfinity on %b %20, %2006 - %12:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I have ended the final Regional games via the axe. Final Regional Results below. All teams named are promoted to Conference. Also, given that there are some Conference coaches drafting, we may promote more teams from Regional, so don't cull yet!

ClayInfinity wrote:
SWL XIII RESULTS

REGIONAL LEAGUES
* ALL RUNNERS UP PROMOTED AS WELL TO CONFERENCE

Commissioner Twahn Regional League
Champion:
Aberration Theatre
Runner Up: Bashen Crash

Mr Whippy's Donut Emporium League
Champion:
Northern Blight
Runner Up: Dreadbeards

Blax Landric Regional League
Champion:
- Almighty Crusaders
Runner Up: - Dixie Ditz

Note: There may be more promotions. With draftees in the higher divisions, slots open up. Until we have a clear understanding of who is drafting, there may be others called up. In addition, under rare circumstances we reserve the right to save a relegated team from dropping. This would only happen if TR imbalances indicated that this may be wise...
Rabid_Bogscum

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Gee thanks for the heads up on that MIX gig Oz. Wow thats the 3 hrs of my life Im never getting back... your just lucky I was getting payed to listen to it. Please pick a better radio station next time... or at least one with half decent DJ's.

Proud Member of the SWL
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Virral wrote:
I just checked it out, actually it does sound quite promising. One of my main worries was the fact that all the veteran teams would just squish any newbie team I created into mush. A full reset sounds fine by me.

Still... damn the rule-set is complicated!

Yeah, the reset has renewed my enthusiasm...

Just need to get them up to LRB 4.0 now Smile

I played Humans last year, but I am having such fun with the Dwarves that I may play them.
Toonie

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Dorfs!

Now you really can live up to the name of Clage, playing them.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Given that PLATYPUS is the highest placed draftee left in the TR100, he has won the prize of being first pick in the draft.

We have PLAT's pick already and therefore the rest of the Draft will be announced shortly.

Stay tuned.
annachie

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

ozjesting wrote:
For those in Melb and those who may indeed go there in search of comedy during April...I will post an official notice when I know full details...but as it looks atm I am in the Town Hall...something called the Cloak Room (sounds big time dosen't it?) with the show time of 9:30ish Tuesday thru sundays for the whole fest. Check guides and stuff as they come out.."Tommy Dean...Somewhere In Between)

I will also be playing in the Easter Tournement there too Wink

More when I am finalised for sure.

I went hunting

http://comedyfestival.com.au/season/2006/show.php?id=287
 Jump to: