35 coaches online • Server time: 10:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fool

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn OZ! How'd you get your hair to look just like a witch elf's locks?!? Your dedication to Bloobowl is very impressive.
Virral

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
Virral wrote:
I just checked it out, actually it does sound quite promising. One of my main worries was the fact that all the veteran teams would just squish any newbie team I created into mush. A full reset sounds fine by me.

Still... damn the rule-set is complicated!

Yeah, the reset has renewed my enthusiasm...

Just need to get them up to LRB 4.0 now Smile

I played Humans last year, but I am having such fun with the Dwarves that I may play them.

I maintain that Dwarves are a form of cheating Smile Not sure which team I'll go with yet, I need to sit down and really read through the rules properly since right now I don't really know what is different from LRB 4.

I've played Chaos Dwarves and Necromantic almost exclusively on tabletop, I definitely want to try something different this year.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

Just had a thought that might add even more colour to SWL. What would people think about an award for the best fluff articles over the course of a season? My hope is that an award would encourage people to get into writing fluff for their teams/match reports, and help improve the quantity and quality of fluff flying around.

Thoughts?

Pat
Toonie

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we had this idea before Pat.
But for some strange reason it never eventuated, not sure if it was because whoever was looking after it forgot or ended up being too busy.

If you would like to set the award up and run things, i'm sure people will become involved.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

No probs, Toonie. I'm happy to organise voting, awards and run things. It would depend what kind a format people wanted (same as Twahnloe? 1-3 votes per fluff item?) and any other things like categories (Best Overall Piece, Funniest Piece, Best Story involving Bob_Borc).

Not sure what this forum is capable of, but could you get a poll to be posted at the bottom of every reply? So people who liked the story could vote for it? Or are we limited to a poll per forum thread?

P

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the main problem was we never really figured out a decent prize for it really.

How about having the Channel BB Conference become XXX's Channel BB Conference, with XXX being the name of the fluff winners fictional narratee?

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

chunky04 wrote:
How about having the Channel BB Conference become XXX's Channel BB Conference, with XXX being the name of the fluff winners fictional narratee?

errr....huh? Shocked

Do you mean have a Channel BB thread for every fluff category? eg. One for Match Reports, one for event based fluff, one for funny stories?
Laviak

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

he means the name of the conference tournament Wink

Patrician

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahaaah! Yes, of course, I knew that...just testing Smile

EDIT! Gah, this is what happens when I try and think and work at the same time! Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Patrician on %b %23, %2006 - %04:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

i think he meant the name of the reporter so ie Xanatos Bloodhoof's Channel BB conf or Kazi's Channel BB conf depending on who won

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, well as to a system of voting, any ideas? I'm happy to coordinate votes and rule myself out of contention, unless someone can come up with a open posting system.

BTW - just because I'd admin the votes, doesn't mean I won't subject you to my fluff posts Smile
Longshanks

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

chunky04 wrote:

I think that is a good idea. Would the fluff only apply to posts in Channell BB (cause I quite like the sound of 'The Heralds Channel' Smile
Patrician

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Heralds Channel sounds fabbo, wish I'd thought of it.

Now to the voting...does anyone know if the owner of a thread can reset forum polls?
chunky04

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say if its the Channel BB Conference it would have to be from a Channel BB post - what is this Heralds Channel business anyways?

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 06:16 Reply with quote Back to top

oooh! Media Rivalries!

Mr Murkduck is looking at a takeover! Mr Whippy had better tighten up that SWL Media Contract!!

Can't have a Super League!!

eeek!
 Jump to: