19 coaches online • Server time: 02:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft Leaguegoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2006 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

My suggestion is keep colours to a minimum… 2 colours only for the “team colours”. And then they need to be contrasting… For my dwarves, a deep burgundy and then bright yellow. For my skaven, the dullish leopard skins with bright blue.

So a deep colour and a bright colour is my tip…

For Dwarves, typical paint is red/blue, or blue/yellow. How about Green and White? Not many Dwarves are associated with green… and if you did the general dwarves with brown beards and the trollslayers with the orange mo-hawks, it would be quite contrasting.

For Skaven, I don’t know… with a lot of fur, I suggest brighter colours. I think the green/red colour scheme would look good as well… but this wouldn’t be so unique (the Skavenblight Skramblers boxed set was green / red on the cover). Perhaps a mainly white scheme with a black or grey trim?? I am guessing here…
Longshanks

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2006 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well my Skaven are painted yellow and purple. With a nice mid-brown fur they look great (if I say so myself with all modesty Smile ). The purple is really a light mauve and the yellow tending toward primrose so doesn't look at all as garish as it might first sound.

For dorfs, well the namby pamby gay guys obviously are suited to pink. Nuff said.

Well ok, more seriously. I'd go for grey beards myself (the lighter mid-greys, not charcoal) with white and a nice shade of bluish/greenish colur (something like #339999 in hex code).
Longshanks

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2006 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Just re-read my post. All this talk of mauve, primrose and charcoal starts me wondering who the gay guy really is ! Laughing
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2006 - 06:45 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Werewolf game!

All...I am going to be running a Werewolf game over at Lime Kettles forum (thanks Clay!).

I would love to have anyone who is interested come on over.

This is the thread where the rules are and sign ups can begin.

If you have played before it would be great to have some "experts" on board...but all you need is a daily sign in spirit and a nose for fun!

I need 9 to start...but am hoping for 15+...the more the merrier! So come on over and join us...will be great way to pass the off season.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2006 - 07:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not 100% sure I get it Oz, but I'm willing to give it a crack. The only real obstacle is that I have no idea how to sign up for the Limekettles forum... is it just me being stupid or is there no option to create a new account?

About the colour schemes, thanks for the feedback from LS and Clay! I like the idea of either Grey or Brown hair for the dwarves, I would go Black but that is what my Chaos Dwarves have and I want them to be distinct. For colours, Green and White is a tempting one, I think that could work well. Especially if they then have a name that ties them in with Leprachauns or the Irish in general. What would make that perfect is some kind of pot-o-gold token to use as rerolls or a turn counter! I wonder if there is anything like that out there...

Hmmm, for the skaven though I just don't know. I love the GW example colours on Hakflem (black fur with green/orange armour) but if the Dwarves are going to be White/Green and I have another team that is Orangish-red/Yellow, I think that needs to be avoided. I also have a Red/Black Chaos Dwarf team and a Blue/Purple Necro team. I do like the black fur though, so something light that contrasts with that would be good.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2006 - 07:23 Reply with quote Back to top

my undead figs have scab red and white uniforms mostly and dirty brown scungy for zombie and mummy wrappings comes up pretty good. My humies have a dark blue and spandex white scheme and my orcses bold yellow and blue wit black dags on linemen, seems to work. i must remeber to get a picture or two and load in hmmmmmm......

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2006 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Virral - up the top some where is a login/logout and/or register link... go there my friend... cant be too hard, JoeKano did it Razz

And Green and White Irish Pot of Gold Dwarves... methinks you have a secret desire for a Fling team!! "To be sure, to be sure!"
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2006 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

As Clay has said, a simple colour scheme with a limited palate is best. I suggest coming up with an idea your team represents in order to determine the actual colours to be used.

I know my Skaven will eventually be Grey furred with Dark Green as the base uniform colour, and some sort of trim as the third colour.

You've already seen both my own and the Dwarfs I painted for Geoff I believe - just make sure your colour scheme meshes with the armour.

BTW, for those that have it (or may want to pick it up cheap in a bargain bin somehwere), the 40K game Dawn of War has a painting feature that is excellent for testing out colour schemes for Blood Bowl very quickly Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2006 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

long you are coming out of the closest, time to meet all the bats waiting to smack you around if u try sumthing

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2006 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Necro in the House - A SWL Werewolf Game

If this is your first visit to Lime Kettle you will have to register to play. It is free (but could cost you your soul) Mwhahahahahhaha

Ok all...have made a few theme adjustments...but all is in shape now. We already have 5 players...don't miss out on the fear, paranoia and just plain fun!

Join up today!

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok colour schemes rich: perhaps turn the dwarfs into a bit of a pirate look
Blue beards maybe.. not garish but a gunmetal.. greyish beard colour. Team colours Black and whatever. Make em almost sinister. Them just get your man to really random up the metal work. Different booty and all, some gold, some silver etc. As long as your primary colours are the same.. i think its pretty cool to ramshackle the team up a bit.. with the main team colours and the basing they all definately look from the same team.

The Skaven: well you wanna go black with em. My original Skaven Table top team were the Hellpit Hooligans... Hellpit if i recall was a stronghold for them in the warhammer world. Test your painter dude. How good would a fire motiff go with black little chitters. Anything goes really. Range from Yellows through orange and red.. maybe even some seriously hot blue. just a thought Smile

Proud Member of the SWL
Rabid_Bogscum

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

And the team from the Manic Mammallian Conference XIV is: EDITED

1 Demonette Nightshade (c) - Sinister Duskriders
2 Alan McIndoe - Illawarra Stealers
3 Gagged and Chained - Tales of Misery and Woe
4 OzJesting - SWL Losers
5 Benjamin Franklin - Food For Thawt
6 BallJuggler - Fast Fossils
7 BallDrinker II - Fast Fossils
8 Yanovi 'Titan' Frostham - Northern Blight
9 BeefyGoodness - SWL Losers
10 Slyblade Spite IV - Sinister Duskriders
11 Silverstam Strekoff - Northern Blight
12 Vrool - Fast Fossils (Wild Card)

Vrool narrowly missed out on spps for the season, as did Isaac Newton due to a failure to complete Twahnlow voting. Benjamin Franklin was included but wasnt eligible for the silver twahnlow.

Longshanks to coach the team.... please PM me with the 12th player today if possible

Proud Member of the SWL

Last edited by Rabid_Bogscum on %b %07, %2006 - %04:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
annachie

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Faibios wrote:
ok just got off phone to GW store in Melbourne ant BB at komplete fanatic is on SEPTEMBER 9-10

and a $35.00 entry

I'm so there, or at least I should be Smile

Elan, I'm still hunting 2 mini's for that highland dwarf team.

Actually, I'm looking for 2 troll slayers with short normalish beards and bare chests. They are going to be heavily modified to become Dwarf Blitzers wearing kilts and possibly a wee bonnet thing. (Hence the need for a normalish beard. They are not going to end up being slayers)

If anybody has one or two they can part with ....
Rabid_Bogscum

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

icons etc are all done.. both a new set and an old boring set.. did it a silly way though so I gotta redo the player portrait section.. hope you all like em.

Proud Member of the SWL
Laviak

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

rabid, can we download them to try them out yet? if so, where from?

Jump to: