55 coaches online • Server time: 23:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: May 19, 2005 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably best to pm the people that havent played yet with this info, as people don't always check the tournament thread.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2005 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Heya, got my 1st Husars ready and willing to play ball. Old worlder. Any stable for little ol me?
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: May 19, 2005 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

canaries wrote:
Heya, got my 1st Husars ready and willing to play ball. Old worlder. Any stable for little ol me?

Sign up! We may need replacements for any drop-outs or if you know another 3 coaches with Old World or Lustrian teams you can make your own stable and start straight away.

Pad

Post   Posted: May 22, 2005 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure what's going on, but we may need Canaries Already. I kinda retired Slick's team and I'm not sure if he's going to continue. I hope he does, because he's a good player and a nice guy, but if he chooses not to they'll be a gap.

Brad
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: May 25, 2005 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Good overcome by Evil? - Round 2 over, Good 3, Evil 16

The Evil stables came back from taking a beating in Round 1 to take a huge lead after wiping the floor with the woeful Good stables.

No Stinking Evil 2, Sexist Sociopathic Sadist Society 8
NSE continue to stink as they flounder against a resurgent SSSS. Good wins for Azztech Arms and Sunnybank Sadists ensure Evil wins the match. NSE are left still looking for a win but their problems are further compounded by the retirement of Old School Face Stompers.

Good2 1, Ambassadors of Misery 8
Evil flourished again as newcomers Ambassadors of Misery trounced Round 1's heroes, Good2. Only one proper win in this match, Pact Lunch edging out Ankh-Morpork City Watch in a 5-TD thriller but a forfeit against Good2 was the killer blow and it could mean their stable is also short.

Is this the end of Good and Battle of the Pacts? We need at least 2 more Old world / Lustrian teams to replace our MIAs, otherwise there doesn't seem much point to starting Round 3.

Or are people interested in a change of format to make the stables all-against-all (ie scrap the Good vs Evil concept)?

Post   Posted: May 25, 2005 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

BB-Pad wrote:
Good overcome by Evil? - Round 2 over, Good 3, Evil 16
Or are people interested in a change of format to make the stables all-against-all (ie scrap the Good vs Evil concept)?

If there is a lack of interest I guess it was probably due to boring for just having one game in a stable clash... Perhaps if there was more games to be played there would be more interest, although an all vs all may be a slaughter fest for the big TR teams against the newer teams... and speaking as a newer team coach, I don't think I want to do this... Perhaps have TR groups 100-124, 124-150, 151-199, 200+

Then perhaps the TR group winners can get thrown in to play each other in a straight KO... Just an idea...
DonKosak

Post   Posted: May 25, 2005 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The wicked IKEAprettatori are ready to crush anything coming their way - even other evil teams, but I still think it would be greater fun if it was possible to maintain the Battle of Pacts-Good vs Evil concept. Else it would just end up as another Battle of Stables...

Where are the lawful paladins, the clerics clad in white fur and the grumbling dwarves seeking orc skulls to crush? Stop playing hide and seek, we want to foul you! Smile
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Oooooo.... I like the new format... nice one!

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm getting married on Saturday 11th so I'm afraid I need to apply for a postponement of the first deadline unless Alcing is ready to play at Sunday 19th, when I'm back again from honeymoon.

Sorry to keep you waiting, but I think my wife would hate me if I brought a laptop for the honeymoon Wink
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

DonKosak wrote:
I'm getting married on Saturday 11th so I'm afraid I need to apply for a postponement of the first deadline unless Alcing is ready to play at Sunday 19th, when I'm back again from honeymoon.

Sorry to keep you waiting, but I think my wife would hate me if I brought a laptop for the honeymoon Wink

No no no... start as you mean to go on... that way she can't say that she didn't know what you were like! Razz

Good luck with the wedding and honeymoon, and congratulations!
Amon242

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Mithrilpoint please check you PM
Coggins

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2005 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I am a bit unhappy with things!! If Alcing had played me then it is very likely I would have won my group instead Odium got to play all 3 of his games and won by default rather than by deserving it!! I feel a little aggrieved!!
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2005 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Mate, in my group only two games were played, and I played in both of them ; http://fumbbl.com./FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&at=0&group=2177&show=8320

Fortunately I did enough to win the group!

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2005 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well after a miserable season, the play-offs have arrived.

I'm sorry to say that I will be away from about 28th July until 17th August, therefore I have made you all staff so that you are in control of your own destinies. Some of the games look very mismatched and I'm not sure how many of you are interested in continuing. Forfeit yourself if you don't want to play.

There won't be a season 2 as the level of interest has been pretty poor - so if you're gonna fight, fight to the death! Surprised)

Pad

PS albator2001 has notified me he will be on holiday until 2nd August but he should be back in time to play his game.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2005 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

My team - Pact Lunch - are eagerly waiting to tuck into that pathetic team of cyric612's. Only 3 big guys in a 13 man squad!... pah!... My 11 'man' team will crush them!!...

Or... more likely, cyric612 will cook our asses on a high heat, and serve them up to us on a silver platter, and then ram them (no pun intended) down our throats until we choke!! Neutral

Jump to: