41 coaches online • Server time: 18:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
turboraton

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2010 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

That bot cherried his way to the top, clearly.

<turboraton> arghhh
JHassler

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2010 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Editing the abilities of the bot could become a tournament (if it could be arranged). Imagine coaches entering their race and controlling bot (so maybe you can build the team but not play it?) and then send it on it's way versus the other bots. I would be curious to see who builds the best AI and team to go with it! (and who gets a bit of luck along the way of course).
bxnyc

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2010 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

mmm.... I cant program a webpage let alone anything resembling intellegence.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2010 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

i can press random buttons... oh wait, that's what i do when I "coach"...

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick update: There was an issue with the Bot taking control of the mouse in the release of a few hours ago. It is no longer an issue. Download from the same location.

Oscar Wilde
Grod

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Latest change: The Bots no longer grab the focus to the AIBowl java application, so it can be run in the background, or you can browse the internet while watching the Bots fight it out, for example.

Oscar Wilde
Grod

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

And the little guys dodge a bit now (customisable how much).

Oscar Wilde
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Woh, how cool is this!?
Grod

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

See my blog for details and to download:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=5203

OK, for anyone who wants to have a go, the Bot interface is now complete. I don't know if anyone already had a look, but I redesigned it a couple of times (sorry if you did), until I got it how I wanted it. I went for a minimalistic approach that means the minimum amount of work for AI designers with enough functionality to make a Bot player do everything that a human player could, on a BloodBowl field. This design also limits (I hope removes) the scope to design a Bot that "cheats" (say by moving the opponents players).

All functionality is available to make a complete Bot that plays every aspect of Blood Bowl. For anyone who has any knowledge of Java programming at all, you can make a your own personal Bot within 5 minutes by just modifying the existing example, changing the Bot name, and compiling. Your Bot should then appear in the client. You are of course, free to design your own Bot from the ground up, just take a look at the GrodBot to see what you need to implement.

Many features are present (such as path finding), that can be simply called, so you don't have to write your own, while more will be added to the "common" part in the future. It really has been made very simple to make your own Bot.

The GrodBot itself is designed more as an example rather than an awesome player, so it makes an effort to do everything (like fouling every turn and passing / handing off every other turn). Now that the interface is complete, I will work on making it a good player.

The client is basically Falesh's stand-alone only LRB5 client. It is an essentiall complete client missing a couple of (non-standard) skills. I will probably make a bit of effort to clean this up as well (especially blocking user input while Bots are moving).

I will also do my best to make sure that the current bot interface design is "final", so anything you do now is not wasted.

If anyone has a bit of a go with it, I would appreciate hearing about your experiences, whether you just download it to play against the GrodBot, or you tinker with it to make something a bit different.

So what are you waiting for - get Bot building! Or, play against the GrodBot. Or, watch the GrodBot play against itself!

Oscar Wilde
Grod

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2010 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

A (small) update.

There has been quite a lot of development going on with this project, so I am curious for any feedback from anyone who tries it out. While I am planning some more GUI improvements soon, I would also like to develop the AI a bit more too. I think it is currently at a stage that it would be tough for a "newbie" to beat, but still not too difficult for the pros.

Also, I was googling around about "Chatterbots". I thought incorporating something like this could be lots of fun. Does anyone have any knowledge of these, or would be willing to take it on as a project? A "Chatterbot" that can trash talk when it comes to Bloodbowl would be a fun thing to have! If it works right, and we ask Christer, maybe we could even have it haunting the IRC channel?

Oscar Wilde
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2010 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

spiro is a chatterbot, not?

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2010 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
spiro is a chatterbot, not?

Do you have the source code? Wink

Oscar Wilde
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2010 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

It has a lot of 1111111!!!! and morons in the code
TuernRedvenom

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2010 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
See my blog for details and to download:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=5203

OK, for anyone who wants to have a go, the Bot interface is now complete. I don't know if anyone already had a look, but I redesigned it a couple of times (sorry if you did), until I got it how I wanted it. I went for a minimalistic approach that means the minimum amount of work for AI designers with enough functionality to make a Bot player do everything that a human player could, on a BloodBowl field. This design also limits (I hope removes) the scope to design a Bot that "cheats" (say by moving the opponents players).

All functionality is available to make a complete Bot that plays every aspect of Blood Bowl. For anyone who has any knowledge of Java programming at all, you can make a your own personal Bot within 5 minutes by just modifying the existing example, changing the Bot name, and compiling. Your Bot should then appear in the client. You are of course, free to design your own Bot from the ground up, just take a look at the GrodBot to see what you need to implement.

Many features are present (such as path finding), that can be simply called, so you don't have to write your own, while more will be added to the "common" part in the future. It really has been made very simple to make your own Bot.

The GrodBot itself is designed more as an example rather than an awesome player, so it makes an effort to do everything (like fouling every turn and passing / handing off every other turn). Now that the interface is complete, I will work on making it a good player.

The client is basically Falesh's stand-alone only LRB5 client. It is an essentiall complete client missing a couple of (non-standard) skills. I will probably make a bit of effort to clean this up as well (especially blocking user input while Bots are moving).

I will also do my best to make sure that the current bot interface design is "final", so anything you do now is not wasted.

If anyone has a bit of a go with it, I would appreciate hearing about your experiences, whether you just download it to play against the GrodBot, or you tinker with it to make something a bit different.

So what are you waiting for - get Bot building! Or, play against the GrodBot. Or, watch the GrodBot play against itself!

VERY interested in this. I have a master's degree in AI and love to tinker around with this stuff (although I don't have much free time atm). Is there a manual anywhere? Can matches be automated easily (ie I don't have to set them up manually)? Because I prefer creating AI's with genetic algorithms/programming which means tons of games getting played to achieve anything.

oh yeah: results are dumped in a xml file or something?
TuernRedvenom

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2010 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Flix wrote:
the FFB Projekt took years, a AI Projekt would take centuries

To let it beat at CR 150+ coach? Yes.

But you can also have fun with it by programming bots and let them compete amongst each other. In a competitive environment these things tend to advance a lot quicker.
If enough ppl are interested you could set up tourneys. Make a rule that the winner needs to make his source code open and you could get some decent results within a few years.

edit:
some questions:
where can I find the currently active weather?
What is the cost of a path? Is it the turnover chance? The pathing in general is still a bit of a mystery to me. How does it seperate between chance of succes and turnover %: eg a tentacled player can stop you but it's not a turnover.
 Jump to: