46 coaches online • Server time: 15:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
p4m

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2009 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

First i would like to thank Purplechest for the time he is going to spend !

2nd i would thank all the coaches that will join and will predict, so i dont have to do all the stuff , thx 4 all of you

And now :

Welcome to the Warpstone Open

WO IV Qualifier XIII predictions

round 1
4 Orcs, 4 Dwarfs, 2 Chaos, WE, DE, Humans, Skaven, Amazones, Lizzis

Cowboy bebop FTW (orcs 254 / 231 coached by Lycian) vs Shining Enforcers (DE 262 / 246 coached by Purplegoo)

a pretty normal orcteam vs apretty normal DE team - you might say so, but i guess this will be hot game, both teams are coached by a good coach and have pretty nice winratios. Either the orc thrower or the DE Blodge SS combi will have the last word?
One last word, the DE might hire a Wiz, 80k in stock, on the other hand the orcs saved 170k and will surprise us with a star?

Cowboy bebop FTW - Shining Enforcers 1-2
Cowboy bebop FTW - Shining Enforcers 1-2
wow the first prediction that worked Smile

Iorn Meece II (skaven 255 / 209 coached by skavenboy) vs Bad Babes of Babylon (amazons 198 / 191 coached by BLITZ2670)

What a Matchup, the rats have 15 players, 1 missing 6 other niggled and giving 3 handicaps, depending if there will be a virus or not might decide the game. If both killer vermins will play, the amazons could be outbashed.
the amazones are able to spend some of their cash to stay in game.
I dont like it but i guess this game will deiceded by the Handycaps

so as a skavenfan i prefere them Wink

Iorn Meece II - Bad Babes of Babylon 3-1
ResultIorn Meece II - Bad Babes of Babylon 2-1
Both vermins were able to play and maimed the Amas - what a carnage

Gios Lizards 08 (lizardmen 241 / 223 coached by gioffi) vs Les brisnuk (chaos 279 / 250 coached by kaine)

Lizzis, normal setup, although 1 sauri has no skill and 2 just have block, just one break tackle, that were the downsides. Kroxi has Block, one skink with DP, 1 with sure hands and 2 with ag4 and 150k safed. On the other side a pure killer chaos team with a top star a mean killer machine.
This game will diced if the chaos will be able to handle these ag4 skinks. If they will flood the back, protected, the chaos will have a hard time but i guess the will just outbash the sauri and afterwards go for skink-hunting.

Gios Lizards 08 - Les brisnuk 1-2 in OT
Result Gios Lizards 08 - Les brisnuk 1-0

Wagggh Warriors (orcs 242 / 213 coached by toturi) vs Enanitos malitos II (dwarfs 250 / 209 coached by lidur)

Orcs not that highly skilled, but toturi got his reputation as the last major finalist. Its interessting if he can play orcs as reckless as with skaven (and as the specs like to see). He is going to play a dwarf team with 3 niggles on 12 players. The dwarfs will need all 3 but especially their star blitzer.
Ill bet on a 2-1 grinding win for the orcs.

Wagggh Warriors - Enanitos malitos II 2-1
Result Wagggh Warriors - Enanitos malitos II 2-0

19th Squad (orcs 246 / 208 coached by Inverno) vs Steel Thunder II (dwarfs 205 / 197 coached by SteelThunder)

orcs vs dwarfs... the orcs blitzer is niggled as well as the dwarfish runner . as in the match as mentioned above the orcs have more cas and a higher FF. but the orcs arent that spreadskilled as above. But another time ill bet on a 2-1 win for the orcs.

19th Squad - Steel Thunder II 2-1
Result: 19th Squad - Steel Thunder II 1-0

Purple Delvers (dwarfs 221 / 204 coached by PurpleChest) vs Trifilara (orcs 219 / 202 coached by kakiz)

and for the third time orc vs dwarfs. but his time its different. We see elfish orcs vs elfish dwarfs. So i hope we will see some nice pass actions. i guess Pruple will have a hard time but he will succeed in the end.

Purple Delvers - Trifilara 3-2 in OT
Result Purple Delvers - Trifilara 2-1 in OT

Dobles Calaveras (chaos 250 / 231 coached by jundru) vs Myranor Wanderers (WE 280 / 234 coached by Oventa)

The well known wanderes have to face a chaosteam. although short on players i guess they will have a relaxing time outplaying the chaotic guys. the chaos has no real ball carrier, although ag4+pass and big hand are options to secure the ball, it wont be safe from the SB WD. Oventa might even be able to skill up some of his lowlevel players.

Dobles Calaveras - Myranor Wanderers 1-4
Result: Dobles Calaveras - Myranor Wanderers 1-2

Bloody Mates (dwarfs 207 / 209 coached by B0RB0R) vs Nuln Alley Cats (humans 209 / 201 coached by Ludovicious)

The most interessting matchup in this qualifier, imho. The humans, led by blitzer and their runningback will face these dwarfs. With a better winning score but with less fans and no monex to spend it will be interessting how these game will end.
So i pick the humans, just by gut feeling.

Bloody Mates - Nuln Alley Cats 2-3
Result Bloody Mates - Nuln Alley Cats 0-1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
round 2
2 Orcs, Dwarfs, DE, WE, Humans, Skaven, Lizzis

Shining Enforcers (DE 261 / 240 coached by Purplegoo) vs Iorn Meece II (skaven 256 / 218 coached by skavenboy)

Thats looking like an interessting matchup, lots of niggles on the rats, but killerskills as well. Like the in the last game, it depends on the nigglerolls.
this time i go with the DE.

Shining Enforcers - Iorn Meece II 2-1
Result Shining Enforcers - Iorn Meece II 3-1
although both vermins and the claw Thrower played the skaven inflicted only 3 cas. So the DE were able to field 11 players on every drive.

Gios Lizards 08 (lizardmen 208 / 196 coached by gioffi) vs Wagggh Warriors (orcs 251 / 217 coached by toturi)

ouch - the Lizzis lost a high skilled Saurus, another one was niggled and a skink wont play either. at least gioffi was able to buy a new saurus. But i dont they will a chance vs the orcs which did a really nice perfomance in their first game.

Gios Lizards 08 - Wagggh Warriors 1-2
Result Gios Lizards 08 - Wagggh Warriors 2-3 in OT
Although much weaker the Lizzis performed a good game , had some bad luck with the Kroxi gone ko and never came back although multiple attempts.

19th Squad (orcs 246 / 198 coached by Inverno) vs Purple Delvers (dwarfs 224 / 212 coached by PurpleChest)

Both teams will play their 2nd game vs orcs/dwarfs. But the orcs are lacking a SF+guard blitzer. This will hurt a lot. But both teams have a nice treasure as well. So be prepared to see some nice actions. Wiz can win the game, as likely as a bad handicap might win the game before it even started. the guess is like a cointoss. I'll go for the Italian. For obvious reasons Wink

19th Squad - Purple Delvers 1-0
Result 19th Squad - Purple Delvers 2-1 in OT
was a hard game, lots of cas on the orc side, but in the end, Morgh was the match winner, gratz on inverno

Myranor Wanderers (WE 286/240 coached by Oventa) vs Nuln Alley Cats (humans 206 / 201 coached by Ludovicious)

game was played, damn are they fast Smile gratz on Oventa
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
round 3
Orcs, WE, DE

Shining Enforcers (DE 271 / 234 coached by Purplegoo) vs Wagggh Warriors (orcs 262 / 217 coached by toturi)

another nice matchup of two really good teams with really good coaches. The DE hired a migical scholar and lemon booter. the orcs have a skill pending, i guess he will go for another tackle. the orcs have still 200k, so i guess we will see some staraction.
the wiz will do it for the DE and i dont like to see another orc team winning Smile

Shining Enforcers - Wagggh Warriors 2-1
Result Shining Enforcers - Wagggh Warriors 2-3 in OT
so close... both teams hired a wiz. the Darkies were able to score and break the orcs. leading 2-0. The orcs scored in 2 tuns so 4 turns left for a win for the darkies, discon and i wasnt able to spec on. Taken from the Game report, the dice went crazy, with a fireball hitting the ag5 ballcarrier.

19th Squad (orcs 231 / 193 coached by Inverno) vs
Myranor Wanderers (WE 293 / 255 coached by Oventa)

The orcs took some serious cas vs the dwarfs... income 40k, so now this will be the End. Even with Noblar the Woodies will outplay the orcs and run circles around.

19th Squad - Myranor Wanderers 1-3
Result 19th Squad - Myranor Wanderers 0-4
no luck for the orcs and Oventa was able to take advantage ...

final round
WE, Orcs

The first team reached the Final game: i present Myranor Wanderers (WE 299 / 255 coached by Oventa). a tough woody team, able to play every team and still able to succeed. only disadvantage is the high amount of niggles, 4 times might hurt espacially on the Tree, but i guess we will see a good performance of oventa!

2nd team reached the final: i present Wagggh Warriors (orcs 260 / 225 coached by toturi)

orcs with pretty unskilled BoBs. And the DPs are pertty high skilled. On the other Side twice DT is going to be a pain in the elfish a**

So lets take a look on the Cash: Oventa allready bought the wiz and i assume Toturi will do the same. twice MB tackle, once st4 tackle on the orcish side. twice DT.

so i guess another game given to handicaps. IF virus will given to the WE, there chances will be alot worse! on the other hand, if all 4 players were able to play, it seems to be a piece of cake.

Wagggh Warriors - Myranor Wanderers 2-3

Last edited by p4m on %b %25, %2009 - %16:%Jan; edited 29 times in total
Qaz

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2009 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

the TNT fully suports this kind of fluffing and will ofc link to it.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2009 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpstone Open IV: Qualifier VI

1st Round
Reptile Revolution ( Lizards 251 / 225 coached by Stuelle2) --- World Serpent Eaters ( Dwarfs 243 / 235 coached by tragedy4you)
Lizzies: Nice 2-times double Kroxi and a sweet sauri but lacks the agility stuff pretty much. Poor no-block-skinks will be eaten. Will he use the 110k?
Dorfs: Quite a nice runner for sure. Even if normally the winratio of dorfs vs lizzies favors with 52% the Lizardmen, dorfz will surely eat the lizzies, ... thats what they are named for Smile.

Reptile Revolution ( 1 - 2 ) World Serpent Eaters

Big Green Guys ( Orcs 211 / 200 coached by Goblinen) --- New England Patriots legends ( Orcs 310 / 253 coached by balthasargelt)
Goblinens clear disadvantage even only regarding the TR will make this game quite tough to stand a chance, but its a orx mirror: you'll never know?
Balthasars team is including an ag5 lino, typical developed Bobs and blitzers with an outstanding st5 blitza.
5 dps might get this match into a bloodsport.

Big Green Guys ( 0 - 2 ) New England Patriots legends
Result: Big Green Guys ( 1 - 0 ) New England Patriots legends! You'll NEVER know! Wink

Memento mori II ( DarkElfs 248 / 219 coached by Frusicante) --- Fumbbl Addicts ( Chaos 271 / 249 coached by Lewdgrip)

Lewdi is going into this match with one tackler... but a killing tackler. At least he has to deal with 5 blodge darkies only. The rest of the 6clw- team might crack up enough heads in good old lewdie style. Kill first... then kill the rest. 2dps.
The Mementos can compete with the chaos in st (3 times +st). No dps as the lack of mb might get his 13 players ending up in the box to relax.
Both teams low on cash. (60k vs 85k)

Memento mori II (2 - 3) Fumbbl Addicts in Overtime.
Result: Memento mori II (1 - 2) Fumbbl Addicts

Harlekins ( Woodelves 233 / 224 coached by Dirtyplayer) --- Kung Pow! ( ChaosDwarfs 238 / 201 coached by Gritter)
The sad clowns are going into this match with 3dps and 65k. "Safe" oneturner will be a pain for Gritter, if he aint gonna get him soon enough. 4blodgers only might have an easy go vs underdeveloped dorfs.
But they might get a prob with gritters powa-powa-Kungpow-st6-ubercow... the only outstanding playa in his team besides a nice hobbo. 3dps on his side too promise a good fight and dead elves and hobbos. 180k for the martial-arts-CDs looks like something gonna get spent.

Harlekins ( 2 - 1 ) Kung Pow!
Result: Harlekins ( 1 - 2 ) Kung Pow!!

Death Valley Daze ( Undead 193 / 205 coached by KhorneliusPraxx) --- AKS's Mean Uns ( Ork 267 / 232 coached by Kinks)
Praxx has come to WO with a team, that determines themselves as an underdog. In the current progress of evolution, he seems to have arrived in a state, where no mummies are allowed (but count was in skavenblight by fortune and is helping out). 7 more skellis to go and a mummy will pop up. A pity, that he really looks like standing not much of a chance and we aint get to see that mummies back into the team. My best wishes, Mr. Praxx: Funteams 4tw!!
The orc on the other hand counters the count (almost besides the missing HG and dodge) with his uberblitzer. 4 dps will kick in and averagely developed Orx do the rest. Low on cash will get you into trouble to proceed, but may you mangle some dorfs next round.

Death Valley Daze ( 1 - 2 ) AKS's Mean Uns

Souless Slayers ( Undead 231 / 207 coached by Mr_Prezident) --- Brothers of the Mountain ( Dwarfs 231 / 217 coached by shimin)
Here is another really old UD team (but this time with mummies Wink ). They are starting with having 333 games played. If its a sign? Well, back to the team: 2dps, 290k money (Count?), several nice zombies and a +st wight. In this matchup 4 times the skill tackle is wasted, cause dorfs aint have no dodge. But maybe the 21 FF compared with the 10 FF of the dorfs do the difference.
3 times +st on the one hand but 0 dp and a bunch of slow dorfs in addition to the 10 FF on the other hand makes it hard to predict a favor for the dorfs in my oppinion. The 90k might be used to buy a helping stake (Zara?), but that leaves low cash left for the rest of the tourney.
I think, the starz will make the difference but as far as i dont like dorfs:

Souless Slayers ( 2 - 1 ) Brothers of the Mountain
Result: Souless Slayers ( 2 - 1 ) Brothers of the Mountain

Uncle Stinky n Mr. Lumpy Try A ( Wood Elves 267 / 238 coached by DrDookums) --- Pizoteadorez ( Orks 247 / 217 coached by Toriel)
Woodies: Impressive winratio so far, 2 ag5 strip-WDs, 4 guards, 1dp, 1+st and a +ma3 Tree. 130k on the bank. 8 blodgers + 1 "safe" Oneturner. Who needs dauntless? 3 Nigglers (WD, tree + blodge+ss LOS-Lino) but "Wow". Dont get Virus and dont get diced too hard in one game and your clearly my favorite for the whole qualifier.
Toriel has two Rookie Bobs in the team, but might compensate this with his four tacklers and his st6 multi, bt Bob. His two dps might need to put on the step dance shoes or the woodie will outran and -jump him. The +ag surefeet gobbo for sure is a nice gimmick for sure Smile but doesnt even out the obvious lack of guards (only 3). Slight advantage for the orx regarding the +4 FF they take into this matchup. Will he spend something of his 145k?
Two very good coaches and I'll go for the advantage of the oneturner in combo with lucky stripleaper-WDs:

Uncle Stinky n Mr. Lumpy Try A ( 2 - 0 ) Pizoteadorez
(This woodies are also the winner of the qualifier VI in my eyes).

Teef Rippas ( Orc 323 / 235 coached by MadTias) --- Dry Gulf BBC ( Khemri 198 / 193 coached by DrBioTex)
300k, two uberplayers, a much better FF and two dps will be opponent for DrBioTex to stand a chance. Teef Rippas in advantage, if not:
5 handis kicking in in favor of the 17 games old khemriteam. 80k is enough to buy Tut? It is... and i bet you'll go for him + you need a lucky draw of the handis + plus additional luck. Sry Tex, but your obviously the underdog. I know there is a huge luckfactor in this game, but Khemris are the last team to base on luck. No way that the Orc will lose this game.

Teef Rippas ( 2 - 0 ) Dry Gulf BBC
Result: Teef Rippas ( 2 - 0 ) Dry Gulf BBC!

2nd Round

--- Big Green Guys ( Orcs 208 / 195 coached by Goblinen)

Fumbbl Addicts ( Chaos 279 / 251 coached by Lewdgrip) --- Kung Pow! ( ChaosDwarfs 237 / 203 coached by Gritter)

--- Brothers of the Mountain ( Dwarfs 230 / 232 coached by shimin)

--- Teef Rippas ( Orc 317 / 238 coached by MadTias)

---> I have proven the opposite!

Last edited by AoP-Vimes on %b %14, %2009 - %02:%Jan; edited 18 times in total
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2009 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

WO IV Qualifier XII predictions

Correct result (4)
Correct winner (6)
Completely wrong (5)

round 1

Numanian Black Scarabs vs Ratzingerz Todezfeinde
The big question with this matchup is...what are those khemri doing here? They have 3 mummies, 1 blitz-ra that is also missing the game, a total of 7 nigglers and only 70k cash to make up for that. The only thing they might win is the assistant coaches and cheerleaders competition as they have a total of 10 of those. Opposing them are last years UI winners and they are still looking strong with a nice amount of cash (which they obviously don't need to spend for this game) and some decent players.
Result: 0-4 Actual result: 1-2

Silver Guardians vs Green Orkestra
This looks like a close match between 11 skilled woodies and a green horde of 14 orcs. The orcs only have 1 tackle but make up with 2 DPs and a ST4 block sure hands ball carrier which is a problem for any strip balling wardancer. The woodies have a very good passing game but will have trouble getting the ball from the orcs and will feel the attrition especially if the game goes to overtime.
Result: 1-2 Actual result: 1-2

Jade Knights vs Cult of Shadows
AKA not very special orcs vs not very special chaos. The orcs in this matchup look slightly stronger and have enough cash to swing the odds much more in their favor. The chaos bring the most fans so they have to hope those fans bring some rocks to the game.
Result: 2-1 Actual result: 1-2

Dodging mayhem vs Walmart Looterz
Even though the elfs of dodging mayhem have a couple of nice players they just lack skills, rerolls and cash to really get far in this tourney. The orcs on the other hand look healthy and well prepared with a nice stash and enough bashing power to take out those elfs. The only thing they lack is a secure ball carrier (block + sure hands) but as these elfs don't have a strip ball player that is not a problem for this game.
Result: 0-2 Actual result: 0-3

Lone Stars vs Stinking little ones
One of the most famous chaos teams around face these stinky little rats, The skaven will have to deal with the massive hitting power of the lone stars and their low AV won't help much. The stinking little ones have nice GRs but they won't be enough to change the tide
Result: 2-1 Actual result: 2-1

7 Sins of Hasut vs TrollingStones
A game between 2 teams that can use some more skilled players. The horrible record of the orcs reveals them as a bunch of losers, maybe the CDs can work on their skills a bit.
Result: 3-0 Actual result: 1-0

Bored Supercomputer vs Naganders Nightmares
Strong orcs vs not so strong orcs, the only mirror match of this qualifier. Obviously the orcs win.
Result: 1-0 Actual result: 1-0

Extraordinary Brotherhood vs Badelands Badehaetter
One of the biggest chaos teams and last years WO winners are meeting a decent wood elf team. The wood elfs will have a shot at the win here but in the end it will be the brotherhood that comes on top.
Result: 3-2 Actual result: 2-1

round 2

Ratzingerz Todezfeinde vs Green Orkestra
This time the opponent for the rats won't be as tame as the khemri they got first round. The orcs got of to a good start bashing some woodies and are now to bash some rats. The rats are more numerous than the woodies though and have some real dangerous GRs. With only 1 tackler at the orcs it will be hard to take care of those. Both teams have a nice amount of cash and I expect some of it to be spend on this game.
Result: 2-1 Actual result: 1-2

Cult of Shadows vs Walmart Looterz
The Cult of Shadows managed to surprise me the first round, I expected their opponent to spend at least some cash though. This round they play the Walmart Looterz, these orcs stomped some elfs in the first round. As the chaos have invested their cash in a wizard the orcs have to spend some of their large pile to counter that and then some.
Result: 0-1 Actual result: 1-0

Lone Stars vs 7 Sins of Hasut
The Lone Stars took some heavy damage last game losing 2 veteran players and missing one for this game. The chaos dwarfs have taken 2 mngs on chaos dwarfs blockers in their first round game. But while the Lone Stars have spend their cash on a new beastman, the chaos dwarfs have enough cash to hire Hthark and maybe even a wizard.
Result: 1-2 Actual result: 2-0

Bored Supercomputer vs Extraordinary Brotherhood
A battle of the bashers. The orcs have set aside some other orcs in the first round but did get little winnings so there is not much they can get for this game against the strongest (highest TS) chaos team on fumbbl. The chaos will show the orcs what real bashers are like.
Result: 1-2 Actual result: 1-2

Semi finals

Green Orkestra vs Cult of Shadows
Ok so that was the second time Cult of Shadows fooled me by winning against the odds. They convinced me now so they better win again. The Green Orkestra last round beat the rats I favored. So I was completely wrong there. Let's see if I get some more right here.
Result: 1-2 Actual result: 0-2

Lone Stars vs Extraordinary Brotherhood
Battle of chaos. This game will be a special one for the Lone Stars as it will be their 500th game! This needs to be celebrated with a nice bloodbath to the applicable chaos god and they have just the opponent to see that happen. Both teams are in nice shape for this game with the Brotherhood looking stronger on paper. The Lone Stars will have something to fight for at this celebration game and will more than meet the opposition. So who will it be to fight the Cult of Shadows for this qualifier ticket to the Warpstone Open play offs.
Result: 2-1 Actual result: 0-1

Finals

Cult of Shadows vs Extraordinary Brotherhood
After mauling through the Lone Stars, the Extraordinary Brotherhood have reached the finals of this WO Qualifier. And against the Cult of Shadows they are the huge favorite. The Cult of Shadows are completely outclassed by the Extraordinary Brotherhood and I don't see a way they could win this.
Result: 0-2 Actual result: 1-2

Last edited by Rijssiej on %b %25, %2009 - %16:%Jan; edited 19 times in total
Ameranth

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2009 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Group IX

Round 1
Surprisingly, most teams in this division have no cash for stars, and many even lack a DP.

Acolytes of Apocalypse (Dark Elf 243/229, xcver) vs Guild of the Unseen (Vampire 244/199, Fanatic)

With 345k in the Guild's bank account, the Count is sure to make an appearance, and I suspect a wizard or two will appear as well. This should be a very close game, and with all the high powered agility on the field I think both teams will play conservatively rather than risk a loose ball. In the end though, I think the Elves will grind down the thralls, leaving the Vampires without enough players for a solid defense.

Prediction - Acolytes by 1, though it could easily go the other way.

Foolish but Fast (High Elf 302/256, Ludicruz) vs Dead Cousins (Necromantic 224/200, Markinthepast)

Four handicaps turn this into a crapshoot. Key handis like Virus, Morleys, and Wasn't Me could cripple the Elves, and 10 niggles on the Necro could do the same.

Prediction - Foolish, though the incredibly random pregame rolls make this one impossible to accurately predict.

Ugluk's Raiders (Orc 239/217, Ameranth) vs A MutinaTi (Human 206/199, Iena)

(Guest review by p4m, since I can't comment on my own match)
Although having underskilled BoBs, the orcs have the manpower and the bashing skillz to make this game a normal grinding game. If the orcs are able to cope with these ag4 linos, this will be an easy game. Things change if the count will show up. This will get in OT then. But even then the orcs will kick the humans a**.

Prediction - 2-1 for Ameranth.

Red Rock Reavers (Orc 245/216, Brainsaw) vs Neck Snappers (Orc 219/194, Ballcrusher)

Red Rock is a much better team, but The Snappers should be hiring Morg and a wizard for this game. Even with the additional help, a lack of guard and the unskilled BOBs should see them knocked down for most of the game, leading to a steal.

Prediction - Red Rock by 1.

BoyZ fr0m teh hillZ (Orc 246/223, Aldar) vs Magic Waag (Orc 207/193, MacBeth)

A real brawl, but the lack of guard and no DP on Waag means this should be a blowout.

Prediction - BoyZ.

Knights of Madness (Chaos 200/191, RealMadns) vs Whippy (Skaven 209/202, Coggins)

An odd one. The Chaos have no tackle to counter the Gutters, but they do have guard and tentacles to pin linerats for a mauling next turn. The rats also lack a DP. That may have been enough if not for the two OTS. It's going to come down to how well the rats claws are able to pick off key Chaos players on the edge of the line where guard can't help, and whether or not they can pull off their OTS.

Prediction - Whippy by 1, probably in OT.

Banks (Chaos 267/227, dusko) vs Doomhooves Deluxe (Chaos Dwarf 223/198, On1)

Superior ST, guard, and yet another opponent without a DP make this another one-sided match. Virus would make things harder for the Chaos, but they still have a solid advantage. Both teams should be hurt by this one though.

Prediction - Banks.

Smack this team (Khemri 215/220, honne) vs Osaka (Chaos 225/226, Warrior1)

With a ST7 blodge mummy as the centerpiece of the team, the Khemri have some serious hitting power. However, while the mummy is laying some hurt on whoever has the thankless task of pinning it in place, the rest of the team will be hitting the floor. The one saving grace for the Khemri is the sole tackle on the Chaos side, who can be picked off early to provide some safety for the thro-ra.

Prediction - Osaka by 2.

Round 2

? vs ?

Prediction -

Ugluk's Raiders (Orc 248/206, Ameranth) vs ?

Prediction -

BoyZ fr0m teh hillZ (Orc 252/225, Aldar) vs Knights of Madness (Chaos 208/200, RealMadns)

The Chaos have a definite edge in strength and ball handling. However, over 24 turns the higher armor, bash skills, and multiple DP on the Orcs should wear that advantage down to shift the game in the Orcs favor.

Prediction - Boyz.

Doomhooves Deluxe (Chaos Dwarf 227/205, On1) vs ?

Prediction -

Last edited by Ameranth on %b %12, %2009 - %03:%Jan; edited 8 times in total
xcver

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2009 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpstone Open Qualifier I predictions

--------------------- R O U N D 1 ---------------------

Not the face!! (Wood Elves 269 / 256 coached by Caralad) vs German Boneheads (Human 256/228 coached by JustusDelmar)

Both teams look very solid. The humans have 3 players with tackle and MB which will help and I'd be guessing the count will make an appearance as well making it tough and having to rely on the 1:2 strip ball block to get the ball could mean trouble for the WE's. Both teams have 2 niggle players and especially the WE's would be hurting if they missed some from them. If the humans can't remove some elves from the pitch fast they'll be in trouble and I'm banking on the wood elves scraping out a narrow win.

Not the face!! - German Boneheads 2-1
Result: Not the face!! - German Boneheads 2 - 3 Note: The Humans removed a catcher, a wardancer and a lineman in the first 4 turns still the wood elves stole the ball and made the 1:0 looked like a elven win when the 2:0 turn 3 second half was made.the humans then score in two and get a PD while the elven dice suddenly turned into crap giving the humans the 2:2 and the game in OT since the elves were too battered by that point.

Apaches (Orc 210 / 207 coached by zoliak) vs Die Heilenden (Orc 259 / 219 coached by Blutwurst)

Die Heilenden has more guard, more DP and much more money than the Apaches. Although the Apaches will be getting 2 Handicaps they probably will not suffice, especially not when Die Heilenden will hire a Wizard and/or a Star Player. Nonetheless I wouldn't except a scorefest here and the result might come with OT.

Die Heilenden - Apaches 2-1 in OT
Result: Die Heilenden - Apaches 2 - 0 Note: It was a Blowout. The Apaches did make no cas (including 7 DP fouls) and just couldn't match the brutal dice from Die Heilenden.

Corpse Factory (Khemri 274 / 252 coached by Bytez0r) vs Morian Mephisto (Chaos Dwarf 233 / 210 coached by Pastorn)

The Khemri are the superior team here. Giving 2 handicaps probably won't cut it for the CD's but their money might. The Khemri can't buy anything and a Wizard + Htark could be enough to cut it for the CD's. The Khemri will have to rely on their dirty work to well…work!!! And although coached by a very fine coach indeed I'm inclined to go with the power of an Ag3 Bull + Htark to make it through on a lucky steal.

Corpse Factory - Morian Mephisto 1-2
Result: Corpse Factory advances (no match played)

SC. Blutdurst (Khemri 215 / 183 coached by Pretender) vs Vindictive.Stampede (Chaos Dwarf 211 / 189 coached by Catalyst32)

Another Khemri vs. Chaos Dwarves match. Both teams have enough money to hire their top star and the CD's could even go for a Wizard. The Khemri pack a bit more punch but are lacking a DP and both teams are steered. I'll go with the team with more rerolls and the higher FF here. The Khemri will slug it out.

SC. Blutdurst - Vindictive.Stampede 1-0
SC. Blutdurst - Vindictive.Stampede 2-1 Note: until turn 14 it looked like the dwarves would win 1-0 but then all changed and the khemri started bashing hard in the OT to bring home a 2-1 victory.

Blood Sea Bucaneers (Human 245 / 220 coached by PainState) vs Puddefjord Pirates (Dark Elves 201 / 190 coached by P-K)

Aye mate!!! PIRAAAATTTEEESSSS!!! Well I fear that the 12 Fjord Pirates will not be able to cut it against the superior human team which even might get a star. So the human pirates will make this although they might grind through to OT to get there.

Blood Sea Bucaneers - Puddefjord Pirates 2-1 in OT
Result: Blood Sea Bucaneers - Puddefjord Pirates 2 - 1 Note: it was no OT though Smile

'Mayhem Midgets' (Chaos Dwarf 215 / 189 coached by Gromrilram) vs Elven Anarchy (Dark Elves 223 / 200 coached by Badpublicity)

The CD's have only one Bull Centaur so they might want to get their hands on Htark or consider buying a rookie bull. Only 12 Elves but 4 with Guard and there might be a wizard lingering on the elven side. The CD's sport much more fan which could make a GTR lethal but other than that I'll be guessing the Dark Elves hold on to their victory in a close game).

'Mayhem Midgets' - Elven Anarchy 1-2
Result: 'Mayhem Midgets' - Elven Anarchy 1 - 0 Note: The Midgets indeed hired a rookie bull for the match and the elves freebooted 2 linemen. Looked like OT until the ag3 dorf dodges out of the diving tackle picks up the ball throws a long pass, standing in a tackle zone not accurate
the ball scatters onto the ag2 bull centaur in TD range which catches it....can't predict stuff like that

Tribal Reincarnation (Orc 204 / 180 coached by smittendame) vs Legion of Justice (Undead 211 / 184 coached by spiggle)

The Ghouls could be a pest for the Orcs who have no tackle to hunt after the 4 blodgers. Both teams will be able to acquire a star though I fear the Orcs won't be able to cut it, so I fear the nice lady will lose it to spiggle although I predict a chaotic hard fought match.

Tribal Reincarnation - Legion of Justice 0-2
Result: Tribal Reincarnation - Legion of Justice 2 - 2 (win by coin-toss) Note: The Legion had to pay in blood as a mummy got killed and was replaced by a rookie for next game. The Orcs bashed hard and both teams produced all of their TD's with difficulty but down in numbers the undead made the 2:1 in OT and the orcs could only hope for the coin-toss when making the 2:2 which failed for them.

Springfield Unlimited (Chaos 261 / 223 coached by Bald-boy) vs Shadowbane Inquisitors (Chaos 210 / 213 coached by BillBrasky)

The Inquisitors got their hands on Lord Borak to fill in as the 4th Chaos Warrior and Springfield doesn't have to money to counter-buy him although a wizard might make an appearance on their side. If the Inquisitors handicaps won't be excellent the superior skills of Springfield will probably be enough to make the classic 2-1 grind (probably in OT).

Springfield Unlimited - Shadowbane Inquisitors 2-1in OT
Result: Springfield Unlimited - Shadowbane Inquisitors 1 - 0 Note: No Wizard was hired by Springfield Unlimited and no OT but they will be missing 2 players for next game.

--------------------- R O U N D 2 ----------------------

German Boneheads (Human 256/222 coached by JustusDelmar) vs Die Heilenden (Orc 258/220 coached by Blutwurst)

The Humanshave the slightly better team here and both have enough money to buy their top star and a wizard. Both teams are fairly equal in terms of hitting power so it will be down to armor vs. speed. I'll go with the humans because the Count is better than the top stars of the orcs.

German Boneheads - Die Heilenden 2 - 1

Corpse Factory (Khemri 274/252 coached by Bytez0r) vs SC.Blutdurst (Khemri 214/187 coached by Pretender)

Khemri vs Khemri - Higher skilled Khemri against DP-less Khemri plus Ramtut and 3 Handicaps. This could be brutal and regeneration rolls could play a big role. Will go with the higher rated coach on this.

Corpse Factory SC.Blutdurst 2 - 0

Blood Sea Bucaneers (Human 253/220 coached by PainState) vs 'Mayhem Midgets' (Chaos Dwarf 216/201 coached by Gromrilram)

This probably will boil down to the Count vs Htark. If the Midgets hit Virus as a Handicap this will probably swing the game in their favor. Otherwise I'm going with the humans which can field enough fodder for the not overtly brutal Midgets.

Blood Sea Bucaneers - 'Mayhem Midgets' 2 - 1
Result: Blood Sea Bucaneers - 'Mayhem Midgets' 0 - 2 Note: Both teams used their Apo turn 1. PainState started with a badly protected ball and got punished all game long with horrible dice. He had several chance to bring in a score but all relevant dice failed on that.

Legion of Justice (Undead 191/200 coached by Spiggle) vs. Springfield Unlimited (Chaos 267/205 coached by Bald-Boy)

The Legion will start with a rookie Mummy and the Count whereas Springfield can only field 12 men (13 when hiring a star) and they have only one tackler. If spiggle can remove that St5 Tackle Chaos Warrior early he'll probably win this if he also removes the st6 one early I'm sure of it, but Bald-Boy is a good coach so I wouldn't rely on that. Still I'm counting on the handicaps doing some damage as well and spiggle getting the victory despite having over 30 CR less.

Legion of Justice - Springfield Unlimited 2 - 1
Result: Legion of Justice - Springfield Unlimited 1 - 3 Note: Springfield started with the 1-0 lead 1st half when the went into berserk mode. good dice enabled the 1-1 with a mummy!!! for the OT were the low number of players and bad dice in critical situations meant the worst for springfield. On a interesting sidenote, the count didn't have the ball once.

Last edited by xcver on %b %20, %2009 - %15:%Jan; edited 12 times in total
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2009 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

WO X Qualifier
Gitzbang

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2009 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpstone Open IV Qualifier VII

Krautrock (285 / 259 High Elves coached by Melmoth) vs Drunk on Drins (282 / 232 Orcs coached by Enar)
Two major forces facing of first round already. High Elves bring an impressive record vs Orcs, some nasty agility updates and lots of annoying blodgers, but they lack a strip baller. The Orcs on the other hand are more geared towards taking out bashers and even though they have money for huge stars and wiz support only feature two tacklers. Both coaches know exactly how to handle themselves, so this one will be decided by a lot of luck ... gotta be going with the Krautrock out of pure sympathy.
Krautrock 2 : 1 Drunk on Drinks
Actual Result: Krautrock 3 : 3 Drunk on Drinks (Overtime) Krautrock win the Cointoss

Happy Fools (289 / 232 Orcs coached by Thariama) vs Deadland Devils (228 / 199 Undead coached by Fejd)
Superior Orc team in every way. With enough hitting power and money to waste they shouldn't have a problem stopping those Undies even with Count making a visit. Some bad handies might spoil the fun, but can be countered - maybe keeping that age old Ogre might prove the Orcs downfall, but you never know. If no sudden case of flu strikes, the Orcs will march.
Happy Fools 2 : 0 Deadland Devils

Age of Conan (203 / 202 Dwarves coached by Laura) vs Forever Running (247 / 241 High Elves coached by HickoryDuff)
An easy win for the Elves on paper. Having lost far more than half their games and not having the money to buy a Wiz might be a hassle, but shouldn't stop 'em. The Dwarves are pretty basic besides two Strength-increases, but the High Elf feature those, too. So i think experience will beat armour in this one and go with the High Elves.
Age of Conan 0 : 1 Forever Running

Reign in Blood (273 / 238 Chaos Dwarves coached by Buur) vs Sweetums and Friends (258 / 234 Orcs coached by Cloggy)
Another titanic clash in this group. This time it's not speed against hitting power, but pure bloodshed on both sides. While i really love Cloggy's theme and appreciate his quality as a coach, i fear his team is only barely above average for an Orc team this size. The Chaos Dwarves on the other hand feature some nasty stat increases and money for a Wizard and H'Thark, which would raise the count of annoying, tacklezone breaking Centaurs to three. Cloggy hasn't lost to Chaos Dwarves yet and knows how to handle them right - who could ever forget the Diggers? - still the missing Black Orc and the far superior quality of Buur's team will make the difference in this one.
Reign in Blood 2 : 0 Sweetums and Friends
Actual Result: Reign in Blood 1 : 2 Sweetums and Friends

Ultimate Superintendents (232 / 139 Dark Elves coached by Kill-Kill) vs Behind the Smile (206 / 200 Chaos coached by zakatan)
Yes, a healthy seventy points strength advantage while getting handicaps. Spending their remaining money on freebooters, the Darkies feature a maximum of nine players. In this case even one Tackler and one Tentacles should be enough, if Chaos remain concentrated. Would be nice to see an uprising of Elves here, but i fear we will much rather see the burial of a team unsuited for a major at their stage.
Ultimate Superintendents 1 : 2 Behind the Smile
Actual Result: Ultimate Superintendents 0 : 2 Behind the Smile

Nehekhara Dead Scorpions (246 / 207 Khemris coached by MasterMiyagi) vs Palos Flamencos (275 / 251 Orcs coached by dimitripollescu)
Another good example of an easy game on paper. Even if those bag of bones bring good ol' 'tut, they shouldn't stand a chance against the formally toughest line of Orcs in this qualifier - and that is without 'em greenskins even touching their treasury. If the Scorpions can put their dirty boys to some use, it might be an interesting second round for the Flamencos, but i don't think it could swing this game seriously.
Nehekhara Dead Scorpions 0 : 1 Palos Flamencos

Broiler (243 / 226 Orcs coached by Shadowblast) vs Win is just a curse (276 / 266 Wood Elves coached by p4m)
Lower bracket of this qualifier seems stuffed with easy ones. Basically this one will end 2:0 for the Woodies, because they don't wanna set up more often then necessary. And abomination of elfballing madness for which those poor Orcs are very badly prepared. No money in the treasury and no Block on the Sure Hands boys will mean a field day for 'em Dancers. Some bad rolls could force the Woodies into oneturning to victory and maybe they might loose one or two of their precious low armour faries along the way, but i cannot see Orcs advancing here. They much rather will get broiled ... bad, bad pun - i am aware.
Broiler 0 : 2 Win is just a curse
Actual Result: Broiler 1 : 2 Win is just a curse

Major Malfunction (274 / 265 High Elves coached by ForrestGump) vs Some Shady Characters (251 / 247 Dark Elves coached by morehouse)
Elfball at it's peak should be seen in the last game of this qualifier. And the clash of two philosophie's: Forrest's High Elves, only bred for the purpose of participating in this tournament against morehouse's Dark Elves that have been around for some time. While the High Elves come with a tad bit higher rating and enough money to hire the services of a spellcasters should they choose to do so, the shady boys bring a few more Tacklers around. No Safe Throw on either side should make this a little more interesting and that high agility, dump off thrower might prove the final difference, when strip balling leaper moves in. On the other hand, those High Elves have a whole lot of Guard to seriously hamper any bloodfrenzied witches on the field. Being more of a history guy myself, i gotta go with 'em Darkies - though this would be different if Forrest's old teams where still around, so i wouldn't be too disappointed if he proved me wrong and managed the advance.
Major Malfunction 2 : 3 Some Shady Characters

With all those high TR teams in this qualifier i am yet undecided on whom i would bet my money to finally advance into the Open itself. But i am looking forward to a lot of very intense and interesting fights.

Last edited by Gitzbang on %b %12, %2009 - %20:%Jan; edited 5 times in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2009 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpstone Open IV - Qualifier V

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2009 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpstone Open IV - Qualifier VIII

This time, there will be blood.........

Footless Vs.Snackrats

Well, an interesting match to kick off this qualifier. Rats vs. Dorfs is a matchup that I find generally favors the rats. In this case though, the Dorfs have a sweet win/loss record, and the rats are a very generic TR 200 team. Fortunately for the rats, the dorfs are missing two of their ball handlers (AG 3) including their monstrosity of a runner. With ball handling likely to be a problem, especially with a skaven wizard in play, look for the rats to run and boot early on and control the pace of the match. This should force the dorfs to try to play offense in a slower fashion than usual. Not a good thing for the stunty ones...

Winner: Snackrats 2-0

Maharak_Dead_Boys Vs. Surgical Strike

Two teams that would clearly prefer not to use a ball on the pitch, this match reeks of disaster to anyone looking for solid positioning and ball play. Undead vs. Khemri is a tough match for undead usually, but especially when their ghouls and wights suck. In this case, their ghouls and wights suck. This is a match that could go either way and will be heavily dependent on luck, particularly with regeneration. Seeing a Count vs. Ramtut match is always enjoyable. In the event of a toss-up, just count the DPs...

Winner: Surgical Strike 2-1 OT

Nehekhara Vs.Konkret

This is a tough one to call based on the cash of the humies. Star overload could spell doom for the khemri. Leaving out star players, there is no way that those humies would win against that khemri team. That being said, I think the Khemri have the coaching advantage and are well suited to play spoiler of the humanlove that goes on around here.

Winner: Nehekhara 2-1 OT

Out Of Exile Vs. Druchii Enslavers

Ouch, ouch, ouch. While there will be blood, there will also be a wipeout. Dark elves win this hands down.

Winner: Druchii Enslavers

Ultimate Mr Men Vs. Beers R Us

So lemme see if i understand this matchup.... Ogres with 1 tackler are going to beat massive Darkies coached by PeteW? Not in this major. These Darkies are the cream of the qualifier here and one game won't put them out.

Winner: Ultimate Mr. Men 2-0

Whitekillers Vs. Brimstone Bashers

How the mighty have fallen. Whitekillers, as the winner of the last LC, was once one of the mightiest teams in the land thanks to a stunning row of upsets during the LC (hai Eaters!). I don't see Cindarella showing up here as three handis are being given away to a wickedly mean CD team. One virus is all it takes to make this a total cakewalk.

Winner: Brimstone Bashers

Gutt Munchaz Vs. RedHammer's Clan

This would be a good game if niggling injuries and virus didn't exist. Alas, both are very real and so this game is at threat of being very very one sided very very early. If the dorfs didn't have any niggles, I would give them the edge against very vanilla orcs. Unfortunately.... those five nigglers mean GTHO!

Winner: Butt Munchaz

Administrative Incompetence Vs. Dead Delinquents

First of all, this should be an entertaining match. Secondly, whoever wins here will face PeteW in the semifinals. The question here is can the Count make enough plays while the Undead team is on the field. This matters because those zombies and mummies will get punked out by ogres at an alarmingly high rate (i have played ogres enough to know what happens). If the Count falls... so do the Undead. Without a DP to ensure a fallen count is a dead count... I am not sure the Ogres can take this one. I do suspect it will be close.

Winner: Dead Delinquents 2-1 OT

Overall Quali Winner: Ultimate Mr. Men

__Synn

Last edited by Synn on %b %08, %2009 - %23:%Jan; edited 3 times in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2009 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpstone Open IV: Qualifier II predictions
Miloford Dubblebags: Altdorf Gazzett

A new Season of Majors has finally arrived. Fumbbl fans across the old world are pumped for the first major of the year, the Warpstone Open. 208 teams have all arrived in Skavenblight ready to compete for fame, glory and a major's trophy. This years open has a really got the fans excited as PurpleChest has revanped the Major's to attract more fans, teams and revenue for the fumbbl slush fund, need to keep an eye on that slush fund, dont want history to repeat it self Blood Bowl fans.
I arrived last night to an incrediable sight. It seems that all the human teams have gathered on the surface and have set up a moible town. Normally this would not happen but in these deadly lands of swamps, trolls, mutants and RATZ the compfort of the dealing wtih humans cannot be dismised. Multiple mercenary bands have hired on to defend this roaming town. I have been told that over 200,000 fans of humanity are now in attendance. A slice of the row of 100 taverns now runs through the camp and the party is "on" BB fans.
I decended into Skaven BLight to check out the stadium which will host qualifier II and just stood in awe. It's a newly dug out cavern that rises to allmost 800ft. at it's center. The main seating area is excellent with good sight lines and can sit allmost 140,000 fans. The upper decks in the ceiling, built for the small skaven slaves and lower classes can hold upto 300,000 more fans. It was told to me that the upper deck is free for all skaven, so expect some really large crowds at this venue. The pitch is new and looks like obsideon with a green and yellow glow. The center spire illuminates the stadium with globes of light and decorated with gemstones and banners of the Skaven Clan, it is trully a sight to behold.
So off to the predictions for the opening round and for the betting public the money line from the Altdorf Fumbbl Book.

Zharr-Naggrund Zottles (246/215 Gildor Inglorian CD's) VS. Ernest V (244/199 Algernon Vamp's)
Well the CD's should be able to handle this Vamp team with some ease and move on through. But whenever Vamps are involved you never know. Both teams have money so we could see a opening round tuff between the Unstopable and the Count for all the star watchers out there. Talking about Stars, Jack the vampire captain of the V is on the verge of entering the realms of the Legends so keep an eye out for this true Mega Star Vamp, he is at 175 SPP and on the cusp.
Zharr over Ernest in a opening round prep match. final score 3-1 For Zharr-Naggrund
Money line:
Zharr (F) 160-140 Ernest (UD)
Zharr take this one in close fought match 3-2

Princess of the Universe 9192/196 Twyllenimor Zon'sVSGentle Bowlers(249/190 Budspencer Chaos
Well this is a classic match up. 2 Claw/Razor sharp VS the Blodging Zons. The Bowlers have limited tackle and only have 11 players. This match comes down to who is on their game. Can the chaos thugs bring the blodgers down and break that armor. If they fail at that then the zons should come away with the victory.
Princess are a slight favorite in this one.

Princess over the Bowlers in regulation 2-1.
Money line:
Princess (F) 125-105 Bowlers (UD)
Bowlers take over the game and the CL/RSC proves to be the superior! as they get the concession and the victory. Final score 1-0 Bowlers

competitive Eaters (416/318 JackDaniels Dwarf) VS ANother Pack of Rats (231/229 Svens Skaven)
Well a year has gone by for the eaters with no majors glory to be won, they are ready to get back on track and once again storm the majors scene. Standing in their way is the home town favorite Pack of Rats. Eaters giving up 5 handis for the match but I dont see any combo of Handis that will stop them from winning this one. The only hope for the Rats will be the handis and can the Gutter Runners bring their A game and get some new armor for this match. If that happens well you never know. But I dont make predictions on what if's.

Eaters over the Pack 3-0
Money Line:
Eaters (F) 320-250 Pack of Rats (UD)
SO much for the steam rolling Eaters, eck out a victory 2-1 that the pack rats had a shot at pulling the upset. Something is wrong with the eaters, were is the power and punishing style of play we saw in the Glory days? Is it possible the Beast and Temple Guard are a disruption in the locker room and have the Eaters off their game?

Tough Guardians(259/218 Haktor Dwarf) VS Saturday Morning TV(251/219 StanRichardson Dwarf)
This should be a tight match BB fans. Two well rounded dwarf teams square off in this one. I dont see a coaching advantage gained in this match up. This one will be a nail bitter for both sides. One thing to watch is Marcus the Mega Star is about to attain the level of Legendary and have his name remembered for all time. This could be the game he gets it done. So for all you star watchers out there keep your eyes peeled to this one.

Guardians over Saturday Morning 2-1 in OT. This is a toss up match with the nod going to Marcus, IF he is trully a legend to be born he needs to find a way to get the Guardians over the top in this one.

Money Line:
Guardians (F) 110-110 Saturday Morning (UD)

Viking Bruisers(221/209 Windexchugger Norse)VSLavino Fighting Hell Fishes(225/197 Janmattys Human)
ANother good opening round match as both team seem to be able to take this one. The Bruisers are carring some Niggles and that could hinder the effort. Both team have holes that the other could exploit so that will lead to some good hard fought blood bowl. In the end I think Janmattys leadership will keep the Hellfishes fighting hard no matter what happens and that slight advantage should be enough to push them through.
Hellfishes 2-0 over the Bruisers. I have a feeling that the Bruisers are not going to be able to get any traction in this match up and will have a tough go of it.

Money Line:
Lavino (F) 125-105 Bruisers (UD)
Lavino win this one in OT 2-1 in a close fought match that went down to the wire. Was a well fought match and a lot of fun for all sides. A classic Majors game.

Blizzard Beastz(260/228 Bill Vestergaard Orc)VSSpringfield Atoms (218/199 Funboy420 human)
Well a classice Human VS Orc match up. the orcs are the superior team and the Atoms are going to have to bring their A game to compete in this one. If the atoms can get past the wall of BoB's and open up the field they got a shot. If they cant manage that well then they will just hope to hang on and not get smashed into atoms.

Beastz over Atoms 2-1 with the late score for the atoms in the closing turns.
Money Line:
Beastz (F) 175-155 Atoms (UD)
Beastz take this one running 2-0 and the Atoms took it on the chin, did not get the closing minutes score to make me look good.

Minous Wagon(195/194 Crik Dwarf) VS Innocent Felons(270/226 EMphasy CD's)
Minous has a serious up hill climb in this one folks. The Felons bring the lumber in this one as they have Might Blow,Pile On and Dirty Player coming out of the Butt! Innoncent HuH? really Emphasy? This one will probally be close in score but not by the cas. count. BUT you never know. Dwarf armor is hard nut to crack.

Felons over Wagon 1-0 In a blood letting of Warpstone proportions.
Money Line:
Felons (F) 280-230 Minous (UD)
Felons win 1-0 and get 5CAS. in the process. The Felons had control the entire game and just played with Minous.

Det Sker IK' Krimi(240/227 Rami HE) VS Noldor Knights(254/248 Araushnar HE)
Well another even match up sporting two High Elves. This should prove a nice change of pace for qualifier II as we get to witness some "elf" ball. Both teams are well rounded and developed and should prove entertaing for the fans. No side really has an advantage in this one and it will come down to the skill of the coaches to get them through this match.
Knights over DET Sker 4-3 in OT and a high scoring affair. The slight nod goes to Noldor and their past Major's experience.
Money Line:
Noldor (F) 115-105 Det Sker (UD)
Det takes this one in a classic Elf match up 3-2, once again the Knights are scratching their heads and trying to figure what the hell they need to do to have some "Msjors" success.

*How to read the money line. The first number is how much GC you need to bet in order to win 100 GC and the second line is how much is paid out for the underdog for every 100 GC bet. SO if you bet 115 GC on Noldor and they win you get 100GC IF you bet 100 GC on Det Sker and they win you get 105 GC paid out.

I will see you all after the opening round and sort it all out for you and get ready for the second round of action.

*I reserve the right to butcher the english wriiten word and will correct any errors if I feel its neccesary.

Last edited by PainState on %b %13, %2009 - %18:%Jan; edited 9 times in total
Fanatic

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2009 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

WO IV Qualifier IV predictions

Round 1

The Bot (Chaos, 265/237, coached by deckerCKY) vs Spinato Diablo (Orc, 252/202, coached by Nielsh)

Very good chaos, not too bashy though. Just enough money for a wizard. I’m curious if he will take him versus these orcs. Mediocre orcs, but with much cash to spend. If the orcs use all their money it could be a close game.

The Bot – Spinato Diablo: 2-1.
Actual result: 1-1. (Spinato Diablo won the coin toss.)

Higgis Haubencenter (Wood Elf, 261/259, coached by TheCount) vs Blackrock Arrers (Orc, 219/194, coached by Archevol)

A great Wood Elf team (with a natural oneturner!) versus 194 tstr orcs. This is not the most difficult pick, I guess. Only thing the Wood elves should be wary of is the two blitzers with tackle and MB. Rest shouldn’t be a problem.

Higgis Haubencenter – Blackrock Arrers: 3-0.
Actual result: 2-1.

Amiu (Dark Elf, 282/245, coached by Yuzi) vs Mines of Phobos (Dwarf, 207/177, coached by Slex)

A very skilled Dark Elf team, but a bit undermanned (12 players). But they won’t have a problem versus these dwarves. 177 tstr and a longbeard and runner that are missing the game. Positive for the dwarves is that the Dark elves don’t have the money to hire a wizard. Combined with the possibility of good block and injury dice, there is a remote chance that they win.

Amiu – Mines of Phobos: 2-1.
Actual Result: 1-0.

Fun With Goats (Chaos, 257/226, coached by Synn) vs Dwarven Bowling Balls (Dwarf, 231/168, coached by KillMaimBurn)

I predict a 4-0 for the Goats.

What do you know? I was right!

Fun With Goats – Dwarven Bowling Balls: 4-0.

Nice little trees (Elf, 212/178, coached by Jakob_olsen) vs Romulan Star Empire (Skaven, 247/240, coached by Rijssiej)

Already played. Rijssiej won with 2-1. Go, #Fumbbl.nl! Smile

Nice little trees – Romulan Star Empire: 1-2.

YeaH Small (Dwarf, 229/224, coached by Tuga) vs PleaseDontHurtUs2Bad (Wood Elf, 215/222, coached by TheLastNinja)

Standard dwarf team versus standard Wood Elves. The match winner will be the 4str, ag5 runner though. Even with the money for a wizard I think this little man will fix the deal. Add 6 MB and the Wood elves will have a very hard time. Win for the dwarves (maybe in overtime).

YeaH Small – PleaseDontHurtUs2Bad: 2-1.
Actual result: 0-1. Wrong again ...

Caledonian Kings (High Elf, 195/192, coached by jrwanderer) vs Democracia (Chaos, 274/222, coached by Wop)

A very nice built chaos versus not the best High Elves in the tournament. 6 niggles, ff1, no money for a wizard and a total of 192 tstr. This will be a walkover for the chaos with their 5 claws.

Caledonian Kings – Democracia: 0-2.
Actual result: 1-2.

Lake Incatol (Lizardmen, 207/201, coached by frattibalboa) vs Unterwaeldner (Dark Elf, 243/230, coached by Loew)

I totally support that coaches join majors with lizardmen, but I don’t think these will get very far. Not very far means here: not past first round. It’s a good team, but not good enough for a major. No money and no extraordinary players and you’re doomed with the special teams. Certainly when you play versus a nice Dark Elf team with a good amount of tackle and guard.

Lake Incatol – Unterwaeldner: 1-3.
Actual result: 3-0. (Boy, was I wrong.)

Winner of the qualifier: Higgis Haubencenter.

Last edited by Fanatic on %b %11, %2009 - %23:%Jan; edited 5 times in total
Irgy

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2009 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpstone Open 4, group XI

Round 1

Red Cards (280/253 Chaos jesterbowl) Growing Flammability (258/251 Khemri sebban)

Two teams with a lot of bashing in them, and both have already hired their St 6 star players with cash to spare. This is going to be a huge show of strength from both sides. The Khemri have a slight edge in strength, but the claws are going to rip through the Av 7 skeletons. If the Red Cards can take out Fireball incoming!!! and keep the ball loose they may also be able to bring their higher Ag into play to their advantage.

With both teams having a full stock of reserves, it's going to come down to control of the pitch, and positioning will be crucial. That's why although I think the Red Cards might have a slight edge overall, I'm going to go with the higher CR and better W/T/L record of Growing Flammability.

Red Cards 0 - 1 Growing Flammability
Result: Forfeit to Growing Flammability

Wasser, Malz und Hopfen (232/205 Dwarf Zweiblumen vs 79th Penal legion (201/195 Chaos Dwarf thales2)

There's just nothing about this bunch of chaos dwarves that inspires me to think they might make an upset in this one. The inexperienced hobgoblins are going to be fighting over who gets to stay in reserve because the rest will have a very short trip to the ko or casualty box. The rookie troll won't help make up the strength nearly enough. The bull centaurs will make an impression, but in the end I think Wasser, Malz und Hopfen are just going to roll right over the top of them.

Wasser, Malz und Hopfen 2 - 0 79th Penal legion
Result: 2 - 1

Oldschool Hitters (272/210 chaos seaman) vs Boris Vallejos Ogre (302/246 Ogre McMagnus

Gosh that's a lot of Ogres. The hitters will try and put up some resistance, but I don't think they're going to be able to do much to this massive wall of ogre flesh. The goblins would get ripped to shreds, but with 11 ogres they might not even need to come on the pitch. As long as Minotaur remembers to pick up the ball and figures out which way to run I think Boris Vallejos Ogre should have this one.

Oldschool Hitters 1 - 2 Boris Vallejos Ogre
Result: 0 - 1

StrawberryKiss Friends II(309/266 Chaos StrawberryKiss vs Fleetfoot's Revenge I (285/245 Orc Malmir)

This will be a good match to watch and a difficult one to call, with two tough looking teams with strong records and good coaches. The sharp claws of the chaos will be balanced by facing up against mostly stronger armour than the mighty blows of the orcs will face. This could go either way, but I'm going with the handicap and the spare cash of Fleetfoot's Revenge I making the difference.

StrawberryKiss Friends II 1 - 2 Fleetfoot's Revenge I
Result: 0 - 3

Doh (280/233 Orc stboub) vs Kauliniai (248/228 Khemri Melissa)

I can't really fault the Khemri here, which look like a well balanced and solidly built team. But I just can't help feeling that these orcs are going to have an edge. Doh will have enough strength to deal with the mummies, enough good players in reserve to cope with the dirty players, and enough skills to Come through with a win. Expect a close game though.

Doh 1 - 0 Kauliniai
Result: 0 - 2

Naggaroth Naggons (198/186 Dark Elf Aenir) vs Sing Song Girls (242/223 Amazon G_Force)

The only two soft teams of the group (except for some goblins), and they've managed to draw each other. The girls aren't as soft as you might expect though, and I'm expecting the elves to be feeling some pain by the end. With only 11 elves available, and nothing groundbreakingly special about any of them, I'm putting my money on the Sing Song Girls cleaning this one up in the second half.

Naggaroth Naggons 2 - 4 Sing Song Girls
Result: 0 - 3

Turniermumien (236/208 Khemri Dominik) vs Badmoons United (253/217 Orc Forteza)

Another Khemri vs Orcs matchup, neither team quite as impressive as the other pair though. Again I'm going to go with the orcs, I think they're well enough equipped to handle this khemri team, and have the added advantage of being able to actually pick up the ball

Turniermumien 0 - 1 Badmoons United
Result: Forfeit to Turniermumien

Low Few (239/121 Goblin Skolopender) vs Da Bulls Dream Team (213/205 Chaos Dwarf lawman

Anything with the word "dwarf" is a bad matchup for goblins, and this is no exception. There's two very impressive trolls on the Low Few, but with no cash for Ripper, and unlikely to even field 11 players with the number of niggling injuries in the team there's not going to even be enough goblins on the field to prevent the trolls getting fouled off the pitch. This will leave a clear path for Da Bulls Dream Team to just walk right over as many times as they'd like to.

Low Few 1 - 3 Da Bulls Dream Team
Result: 0 - 7

Round 2

Wasser, Malz und Hopfen (243/244 Dwarf Zweiblumen vs Growing Flammability (258/251 Khemri sebban)

Well, I was on holidays and didn't pick this one until after it was played. I can't really pretend I'd have got it right because my overall winner pick lost.

Result: Wasser, Malz und Hopfen 1 - 0 Growing Flammability

Boris Vallejos Ogre (299/254 Ogre McMagnus vs Fleetfoot's Revenge I (261/232 Orc Malmir)

I missed this one as well. I'm pretty sure I'd have backed the orcs, but I guess I'll never be able to prove it.

Result: Boris Vallejos Ogre 0 - 2 Fleetfoot's Revenge I

Kauliniai (248/241 Khemri Melissa) vs Sing Song Girls (251/255 Amazon G_Force)

Much as I feel an urge to compensate for not picking these Khemri last round, it's just not going to be a good matchup for them at all. Only three tacklers, is bad news against Amazons, and the fact that one of those is Ma2 won't help either. If they can't get them down, then the dps won't be much use, and with a full roster of 16 (although more likely 15 after niggles), having hired Zara already, the Sing Song Girls are likely to have a full line up for each drive as well.

Kauliniai 0 - 2 Sing Song Girls

Result: 2 - 1

Turniermumien (236/229 Khemri Dominik) vs Da Bulls Dream Team (222/215 Chaos Dwarf lawman

Well, with Ramtut added, these Khemri are packing a lot of strength, and I don't think the Chaos Dwarves will be able to match it. The CDs agility advantage comes down to a few dirty hobgoblins, and S Pippen. I'd look for a big game from that Bull Centaur, but I don't think he'll be enough to carry it through for them.

Turniermumien 2 - 1 Da Bulls Dream Team

Overall Winner Pick:
Growing Flammability

I think a lot of teams are in with a good shot for this one though, including even some of the ones I picked against in the first round.

Result: Well, who knows, but it's not going to be my pick, they're knocked out already.

Last edited by Irgy on %b %21, %2009 - %08:%Jan; edited 7 times in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2009 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpstone Open IV Qualifier V

Space Orks (273/241 Orc coached by Jokaero) vs Unreleased (276/277 Wood Elf coached by Cachuli)
Truely a match between Titans, with no less than 9 +STs (4 for the Orcs, 5 for the Woodies), this is going to be a match to remember. Both coaches are very competent and both team records are quite impressive: while the orcs hae enough firepower to take down a few elves, these dashing woodies will probably make it through thanks to their three ag5 leapers and their oneturner. The orcs will have to start thinning the elven lines quick, or they are doomed to failure. Expect to see blood, but also to see crippled elves crawling out of the arena victorious... even if just for one day.

Space Orks - Unreleased 1-3

Ladz (222/213 Amazon coached by Wreckage) vs Brutos (241/203 Chaos Dwarf coached by lugiak)
It's always nice when you see the ladies against a tackle team. The Ladz are superior in skills and they also get a nice handicap for this game, and the Brutos record is less than impressive. Still, against a lineup made of tackle/mb, every block can be the last one when you only wear the paper armor that seems so popular in Lustria... All in all, I see the ladies taking this home thanks to Wreckage's experience, but they will have to suffer to get there.

Ladz - Brutos 2-1

American Scotts (193/183 Humans coached by AxeMurder) vs The renamed team (242/206 Orc coached by Aleinikov)
Orcs will take this home. The humans have enough cash for a wizard or for Zug, but they totally lack guard and catchers. And against an orc team whose only weakness is the relative lack of tackle (only two), that means defeat. The renamed team, on the other hand, looks mighty solid and will even avoid to spend the cash, leeching on the Scotts' FF20 instead.
Orcs also have more players and more dirty players. AxeMurder really needs Nuffle by his side to be able to pull off anything at all out of this game.

American Scotts - The renamed team 0-2

Going to sleep now. See you tomorrow with the rest.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2009 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

WO IV Qualifier III predictions

round 1
4 Orcs, 3 CDs, 3 Necros, 2 Skaven, 1 WE, 1 HE, 1 Dwarfs, 1 Kehmri

Splinters Few (skaven 226 / 202 coached by Bonke) vs Niggle The Wiggle (khemri 213 / 207 coached by katze)

There will be blood on the dance floor.. Khems with a bloordy record (26 games, cas diff +101, 5.5 cas per game) vs sneaky OTer. i expect the rats to win, but what will remain of the team? 16 players filled roster, hope they will remain to stand a chance, concerning most of the skelies did more fouls than played games... i expect much blood...

Splinters Few - Niggle The Wiggle 3-1
Result Splinters Few - Niggle The Wiggle 1-2
at least it was bloody, khems did 10 cas

Porcy pigs (orcs 258 / 215 coached by PigStar-69) vs Another first try (necromantic 215 / 201 coached by palandt)

I'd like to see more special teams like these necros but i dont think they will stand a chance vs these orcs, pretty solid built and lots of cas. keep an eye for nasty orcish Blitzers. 300k vs 150k ...

Porcs Pigs - Another first try 2-0
Result Porcs Pigs - Another first try 2-1

Thrice Cursed (HE 196 / 209 coached by Oko) vs Indie Orcs (orcs 274 / 236 coached by rudinho)

And another times orcs. The HE have no money to get a wiz, will be a walkover for the orcs.

Thrice Cursed - Indie Orcs 1-2
Result game was forfeited

Chaos is our Religion (chaos dwarfs 202 / 217 coached by McVily) vs Bladdergunz (orcs 215 / 185 coached by luthski)

CDs vs orcs..most times it not spectacular game play, more like good positioning play. Both teams dont have a good win ratio, los FF and low cas. But i guess Hthark will rock the field.

Chaos is our Religion - Bladdergunz 1-0
Chaos is our Religion - Bladdergunz 2-0

Chickasaw Mudd Puppies (necromantic 191 / 194 coached by somertown) vs Late Smackers (necromantic 238 / 209 coached by Smashak)

low cash Necros vs cashfilled necros... thats it. will be walkover...unless the handicaps will change the matchup complete. Wasnt me, morleys and some bad rolls... somertown might be able to pull the win.

Chickasaw Mudd Puppies - Late Smackers 1-2
Result Chickasaw Mudd Puppies - Late Smackers 2-1
Smashak didnt hire any star and count was the weight on the Edge.

Dwarven Nordics (dwarfs 195 / 198 coached by MacRae) vs Viertel (WE 280 / 268 coached by theg)

Was already played
Dwarven Nordics - Viertel 0-3
gratz for theg

minimountain minings (chaos dwarfs 225 / 198 coached by lemf) vs Rotten Flesh Is Our Ecstasy (skaven 258 / 239 coached by Skeloboy)

Here they are, the longest living team in this major, nicely built up, OT and a really good ballhandler. Despite the fact, the skaven have to face a CDteam, there will be no problem to win. even with Hthark and wiz and good dice, the CDs will have a hard time

minimountain minings - Rotten Flesh Is Our Ecstasy 1-3
Result minimountain minings - Rotten Flesh Is Our Ecstasy 3-2 in OT
replay is broken and i wasnt able to spec Sad

zeroes mk1 (chaos dwarfs 230 / 229 coached by rodders-23) vs Designated Killers (orcs 306 / 256 coached by Gunslinger)

as mentioned in most cases you want see ballaction, this game might prove me wrong, 3 times ag5 on the orc team. on the other hand, both teams have lowleveld players, so we might see some actions bringing some laughs =)
In the end i expect the orcs to win this game.

zeroes mk1 - Designated Killers 1-2 OT
zeroes mk1 - Designated Killers 1-0
Hthark + Blackhoof played for the CDs vs Ripper on the other side. some serious dodges all game long... replay looking impressive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

round 2
2 Orcs, 3 CDs, 1 Necros, 1 WE, 1 Kehmri

Niggle The Wiggle (khemri 220 / 214 coached by katze) vs Porcy pigs (orcs 261 / 240 coached by PigStar-69)

The numbers are telling the way... Piggy will win, Ripper + Wiz will make it sure, but whats the price...Katze a wellknown student of the allmighty Lewdgrip will been payed with blood, th question ist, will it be a drop or galleons of orcblood? =) we will be excited

Niggle The Wiggle - Porcy pigs 0-2
Result Niggle The Wiggle - Porcy pigs 0-2
the orcs got a blitz in the first turn of the game and katze was never able to recover....

Indie Orcs (orcs 274 / 236 coached by rudinho) vs Chaos is our Religion (chaos dwarfs 172 / 178 coached by McVily)

the CDs had a bloody game in round 1 and will face a nonplayed orcteam...

Indie Orcs - Chaos is our Religion 2-0
Result Indie Orcs - Chaos is our Religion 2-1
as predicted the CDs lacked the power to stop the orcs...

no way to predict - i'm way to slow....

thegs team won another match with 2-0 gratz

minimountain minings (chaos dwarfs 226 / 202 coached by lemf) vs zeroes mk1 (chaos dwarfs 199 / 157 coached by rodders-23)

Strong CDs vs weak CDs... same money... so i go with the strong ones...

minimountain minings - zeroes mk1 2-0
Result minimountain minings - zeroes mk1 2-1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

round 3
1 WE, 2 Orcs, 1 CD

Porcy pigs (orcs 256 / 217 coached by PigStar-69) vs Indie Orcs (orcs 284 / 237 coached by rudinho)

What a clash 2 orc teams, looking mostly healthy, filled up with money, you can believe, 3 DP vs 3 DP, there will be blood on the dancefloor. MB favours piggy, guard favours rudinho, its pretty unpredictable... the one with the slightly better cas dice will win.
but 2 games were played so far between both coaches and both were won by piggy - so he will get my go

Porcy pigs - Indie Orcs 2-1 in OT

minimountain minings (chaos dwarfs 236 / 211 coached by lemf) vs Viertel (WE 292 / 274 coached by theg)

CDs vs WE, allways a bashy matchup. but this time even the CDs have 3 nigglings and WE have 15 players and just 1 niggle still 140k stocked.
So i guess wiz will do it

minimountain minings - Viertel 1-3

Last edited by p4m on %b %22, %2009 - %13:%Jan; edited 15 times in total
 Jump to: