45 coaches online • Server time: 14:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is going to win?
PeteW
37%
 37%  [ 46 ]
Azure
30%
 30%  [ 37 ]
Pie
31%
 31%  [ 39 ]
Total Votes : 122

WardenUSA

Post 1 Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

so the matchup is set for Azure Fire vs Ultimate Warriors!. I'm wondering if Azure really has a chance to beat PeteW. Pete has like 3 or 8 major wins and it seems Azure's team has niggles on the wrong players. I think Pete's dwarfs will be able to use mighty blow to crush most Azure's team by halftime and he will be able to sweep up the game in the second half
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

entirely depends on 1st half cas dice. both coaches are plenty good enough to win - but the dorfs need to be playing vs less that 11, imho.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

who will win, shall all depend on who's side God's on.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

God is on the side of he who has the most cannon

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Certainylg going to be close, kick off and the handicap will play a big role. Having said that, Azure Fire is built substantially around Dodge, and with Pete's positioning, I think 6x Tackle may be enough to generate the CASs needed. with only a single Guard, and 1 ST4, if either of these niggle out, he may not have the cage breaking ability to stop a ground out 2-1. Stalling might help, but with 8(!?) DPs vs 1 (especially since 4 of them are expendable HobGobs with only one purpose, I'm betting that lone DP will soon be removed.

Pete also has an extra 2 FF, if GTR is rolled, (expecting 5 kickoffs through the game) Azure may not have the staying power, even with such a deep bench.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I have played Azure 37 times now and PeteW 10 times so I am reasonably familiar with their qualities.

Point 1: They are both very good coaches and both play to win as opposed to safe-guarding their team

Point 2: They have only played each other once and that was an all Elven clash. Result 4-3 victory to Azure

Point 3: The Dark Elves give up a handicap to the Chaos Dwarves

Point 4: The Dark ELves have 80K to play with

Point 5: Elves are at their most dangerous when playing bashers

Point 6: Never write off multi-skilled Dark Elf teams

Point 7: Never underestimate the POWAH of Pete's dice Very Happy

It looks like the early cas dice will be critical was WardenUSA hinted at earlier, if PeteW gets off to a flyer then its game over. But the longer Azure manages to keep the game in a 50-50 state the more you favour the elves as they have the ability to pull of a special score easier than AG2 Bulls and Dorfs.

I would say that a deap squad and the handicap (if he gets a good one) gives PeteW a slight advantage in the odds.

My guess is 55 v 45 in terms of odds. I am sure both coaches will argue that the odds are further against them but then dont we all Very Happy

Have a good game guys!!

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll say good luck to Azure and claim any victory he may have in the name of the OBBA - huzzah - before another one of his league's does so.

Good luck Az, you've been honing those Jedi Meta skills for just this occasion! Smile

EDIT:: I'm not sure what the game actually is mind so I'm assuming it's a major. Smile

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I too am looking forward to the meta battle. Two of the finest exponents here. Wink

On paper, Azure's team wins 6.5/10 times, ish. But betting against a well playing / well rolling / both Pete will make you look foolish pretty quickly.

Edit: My English is made of fale. Wink

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %22, %2009 - %10:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
But betting against a well playing / well rolling / both Pete will very quickly make you look foolish pretty quickly.

As foolish as typing that "sentence"? Razz

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Azure

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

SeraphimRed wrote:
I'll say good luck to Azure and claim any victory he may have in the name of the OBBA - huzzah - before another one of his league's does so.

Good luck Az, you've been honing those Jedi Meta skills for just this occasion! Smile

EDIT:: I'm not sure what the game actually is mind so I'm assuming it's a major. Smile

It is the finals for one of the qualifying tournaments for the UI. (Which is a major - yes). I frankly am shocked anyone is voting for me at all - obviously they do not realize just the massive difference in experience and pedigree that Pete has over me. But I will try to do my best! Thanks for the support guys!
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I just want to see PeteW get the ref.

Oscar Wilde
UberEvil

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Most importantly.... when is this epic game to take place? If it was me coaching darkies I'd probably hire a freebooter lino to put on the LoS.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Based on the teams I would say Azure has the advantage, you should be able to absorb an awful lot of fouls. It is tough to call though because a poor wizard or lucky fouls will throw the game right open.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Petew cant lose with 8 DPs i hope he fields all of them
Azure

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

UberEvil wrote:
Most importantly.... when is this epic game to take place? If it was me coaching darkies I'd probably hire a freebooter lino to put on the LoS.

Monday at 9pm BBtime
 Jump to: