41 coaches online • Server time: 17:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
XOrkX

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2009 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Guys the cyanide blood bowl game website is up and running since two days ago. On it you can sign up for beta and it says first come first serve.

This may have been mentioned somewhere in these forums but I have not seen it. Apparently the turn based version of the game is working as intended and throughlly enjoyable but the live version needs a lot of work so they are getting beta testers in through these changes.
Jubee

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2009 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone wrote a blog entry yesterday, and I think that half of the fumbbl community have signed up for beta Smile

I also think that the live action BB is the unfinished part. There is indeed lots of things that would be hard to convert from turn based into live action. E.g how some skills would be converted in a way that they work at least almost like they should? Will the live and turn based be completely different games?

- Oscar Wilde
adambomb

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2009 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

link?
Wempler

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2009 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Googling too hard?

http://bloodbowl-game.com/index.php?rub=news-info&id=34
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2009 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, signed up!

http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/index.php?rub=news-info&id=34

Oscar Wilde
Geobaldi5

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2009 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Just signed up as well. Hope to get invited and really hope it's as good as it looks. Though I loved Chaos League so I don't think I'll be too disappointed lol.
Brown36

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2009 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose it depends how you view the game, if you want a straight port of TT BB then you're probably gonna be dissapointed, but if you look at it as an expansion of your love for all things BloodBowl then you're gonna enjoy playing it!

And my stupid laptop will prevent me from playing so i'm angry!!!!!!!!!!! Very, very angry!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Unless i use this an excuse to get a ninja kick ass pc instead...
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2009 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Brown36 wrote:
I suppose it depends how you view the game, if you want a straight port of TT BB then you're probably gonna be dissapointed, but if you look at it as an expansion of your love for all things BloodBowl then you're gonna enjoy playing it!

Considering there's supposed to be an almost completely faithful-to-the-boardgame turnbased mode, why shouldn't we expect a straight port of TT BB?
Brown36

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2009 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

It inevitably won't please purists, we all know it, i'm going to get it for what it I think it's going to be, an enjoyable game.

I may be wrong, i have been before (frequently) Embarassed
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2009 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Brown36 wrote:
It inevitably won't please purists, we all know it, i'm going to get it for what it I think it's going to be, an enjoyable game.

I may be wrong, i have been before (frequently) Embarassed

SkiJunkie's client has many changes from the tabletop rules, but we're using it quite happily. There are many reasons why Cyanide's game may be less than satisfactory, but faithful rules adaptation is not my biggest worry.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2009 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be honest: if the customization of teams (in terms of graphics, shoulders, helmets, colors, logos) is great, I'll probably be very happy to play it even if it's not perfect rules-wise.

...Yes, I'm THAT devoted to fluff Sad.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2009 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

whats that they mention about being able to buy rooky veteran and star player gear and by that way improve players?

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2009 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
whats that they mention about being able to buy rooky veteran and star player gear and by that way improve players?

There's a Blitz! play mode, where they've added extra stuff not in the rulebook. You can still play standard LRB 5 if you wish.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2009 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The Blitz mode is an extension of the original game that gives players access to new options such as the opportunity to buy ‘statistic enhancing’ equipment in the middle of a championship or a campaign. Players can also access several new off pitch ‘tactics’, such as testing the opposition team for ‘performance enhancments’ on their players before the next game, or even hire a Spellcaster for the duration of the match to turn the tides of the game with a well-placed fireball. There are many other novelties to discover too.
You can still play with these new options in the standard turn by turn game mode, but the great novelty of Blitz! Mode is the possibility to play Blood Bowl in real time for the first time!
Blitz! allows you to live Blood Bowl action from the inside and offers high intensity games. Give direct orders to your players while the adaptive AI takes control of the rest of the team according to your behavior choices. Let Blood Bowl's crushing rage burst out!
The ambience is highly charged with intense battles, opposing blockers, agility demonstrations given by runners and the storm of spells and blows below the belt 'à la Blood Bowl'.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2009 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The only things to be really concerned about are league structures and how to deal with disconnections.
 Jump to: