16 coaches online • Server time: 08:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2009 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Here you go. Chat it up, smacktalk, match reports, questions, discussions, etc.

Last edited by Da_Todfatha on %b %02, %2009 - %02:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
celas

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2009 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst and xyon have an extension for the first round match. I have asked them to:

1) Let me know when in the near future they will be playing the match and,
2) Contact the 2nd round opponents and schedule a time with them within the next deadline times if at all possible. Don't wait until you have played your first round match do this just in case there is a response lag.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2009 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Second game of the season for Call Me Sally. They were facing long time opponent Goats with Silly Hats. Their first meeting ended with a strong 2-1 win for the wolves, so confidence was at its highest level although the cdwarves were a lot tougher now than they were before.

1st half the Goats received and started what they do best, bashing away the zombies. Very good first turn as most of the hits resulted in pierced armour. The sad thing is it was about all they could managed for all the half. Sally badly hurt the star bull centaur Shako which hit hard on the cdwarves moral. She does it again later when she KOed the mighty troll Sombrero on a one dice blitz. The Silly Hats knew they will have to play dirty to have a chance at winning and thats what they started doing. Cdwarf Bowler niggled the frenzy golem Brutus on a clean hit. This pissed off Sally and she seriously injured dodging Dunce. Nothing else really happened during the last 4 turns excepted maybe a good play from Leeeeeerrrrroooooyyyyyy that saved a possible touch down.

2nd half the troll stayed out. Sally's bunch played well enough to establish a cage that lasted and Olga was easily able to run her 4th career TD in turn 4. Goat's team had to start playing better offense but nothing really happened. He got bad rolls and the only time he could managed anything, Sally seriously injured (apo saved) Porkpie his ball carrier.

All in all, it was a very good game for the Necromantics, too bad the fans didn't agree. The Fan Factor is still very low (4) even though they own a winning record.

Good game Goat, looking forward to our next meeting.
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2009 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Allright the thread for #13 is up and running. To bad there is no LINK for it on the main NWL page, thus one has to dig to find it.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2009 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Buccaneers get ready to open Season #13 tonight at the Altdorf old Bowl against the plague of the Northern waste. Both teams get the promotion to Premier this off season and both I suspect kinda of wished they would still be in Vet. It will be a uphill climb for both teams all season as they are the weak sisters of the Premeir. BUT atleast we get each other in the opening week and hopefully both teams can come out of it intact. A distaster for either team in this opening round will basically reduce either one of them to cannon fodder for the the rest of the season.

Buccaneers are really liking how the schedule played out for them this season. Good pacing of the bashers and the few ballers and tweeners. The Bucs just need to take this one game at a time and slowly build up as the season goes on. Hopefully if they can avoid the ageing fails that have plagued this team then they can get up and running and compete this seasonl. At this point it is just about surviving and hopefully not face the demotion at the end of the season.

Game time is scheduled for 9:30 PM EST tonight, depending on when Pain can get his twin gobo boys in bed on time. They have a habit of going into berserk mode when they sense that I have a scheduled game.
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2009 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a few hours until kickoff and allready the Buccaneer faithful are showing up. thousands of fans are allready "tailgating" at the stadium and the Buzz of a new season has the fan base all jazzed. We need a good opening game to set this season up and get us ahead of the schedule early. To many seasons the Bucs get out of the gates slow and makes it allmost impossible for the Bucs to compete.

The early pundits are just salivating at this first round match and expect the Bucs to roll to victory and send those rats packing early in this season.

All thought the way Blood Bowl works the tables can get turned fast and it just might be the Bucs who are sent packing. It should be interesting.

Still waiting for our season #13 link to be up and running.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2009 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The first fringe game for the ever exciting White Lion Express was no disappointment. They squared off against the SCbB II Amazons. Both teams came into the game undermanned, but the Zons had the advantage of more experienced players.
The entire game was very fast paced. The Amazons received the ball first and their star thrower nimbly picked it up and was secured in a cage near the LOS. The elf all star blitzer ImageAphhasdonar laid a bone crunching hit on Elektra 2 in the elves first block that left nothing but a red stain on the pitch. However this didn't discourage the zons drive as they quickly gave the ball to Batgirl who waltzed into the end zone untouched for the games first Td.
The elves first drive looked erratic. The kick bounced out of bounds and the ball was given to Fainde to start off with. As some of the players made their way down field Fainde quickly fumbled a quick pass in the backfield. The Amazons saw an opportunity and pounced on it recovering the fumble. However with some surprisingly good blocking from the elves they were able to stop the zons push before it started and toss the ball toward the opposing end zone hoping their speed would buy them an opportunity to score. after a brief scrum midfield Tiweldornon picked up the ball near the end zone and a last ditch blitz attempt by the zons came up one step short.
The second half start 1-1 with the elves receiving the kick. Fainde fumbled it allowing the zons to put pressure on him. His second attempt he was able to pick up the ball but as he moved down field he tripped on his shoelaces and faceplanted losing the ball again. The Amazons then had a chance at the ball but wonder woman couldn't hang onto it. Tiweldornon then picked the ball up and threw a short pass to Tragrilar who headed towards the end zone. Tragrilar was cut off by the Amazons who hemmed him in, he barely dodged back out to throw a screen pass across field to Earmio who luckily hung onto the ball until he could get into the end zone with the Amazons in hot pursuit. With the clock running out the Amazons had to push for the end zone quick for the equalizer but the elves hemmed them in and held them 2-1.
cyric612

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2009 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's hoping the skaven fan's have poisened the Tailgators beer supply Smile Should be a fun matchup Like pain siad we probalby would have both been better served still being in Vet The buc's have come back from being beat up pretty bad and are looking solid again while the rats have had trouble keeping 11 vermin on the roster Smile Looking forward to 9;30
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2009 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Im ashamed to say the NWL Stats page is horribly out of date. my sincerest apologies...Oh wait, that's not my aborted idea, that belongs to someone else. Wink

cyric612

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2009 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't even know there was a nwl stat's page Smile
screech

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2009 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Todfatha wrote:
Im ashamed to say the NWL Stats page is horribly out of date. my sincerest apologies...Oh wait, that's not my aborted idea, that belongs to someone else. Wink

ooh snap.

Season 13's thread is shaping up to be the best evah.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2009 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey before "Da Komplainah" catches it, the Rules page is not up to date, I will work on that this weekend. Hopefully there was enough discussion and everyone has a copy of LRB 4, but if there are questions, please ask a commissioner.

PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2009 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the stats page has been updated with the NWL champions points series updated.

Note there are some HTML errors that are eluding me, I will find those buggers. But its up and ready with some little bugs.

NWL Stats page

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2009 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Buccaneers Open the Season with a Big win in the Premeir

Well the Buccaneers opened up the season with a good win last night and got off on the right foot. Good match against the skaven as both teams go back and forth but on 2/2 the Bucs get in a good turn and start sending the skaven off the pitch at a high rate. The Plague could not keep up and the Bucs stall out the half to take home the victory.

Both teams well aware of our situation were trying to play it safe and not get any guys beat up. But nuffle would have non of that and the SI's were flying as both teams take some MNG's into our second round games.

Now the season really starts for both teams and I feel that the next games will really set up both teams for their chances to compete this season in the premeir.
Alexis

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2009 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey I won NEW season 8. I want my name to be in the ranking!
 Jump to: