52 coaches online • Server time: 16:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
th0r

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2009 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

For some reason after playing on fumbbl for about 2 years or so, I've started to have problems. I cannot spectate games and I have tried the fix that has been suggested (start a stand alone game and play a few turns). Also when I intsalled the java version recommended, it flickers my screen black for a second and then appears normal. So I updated my java version (I know I shouldn't have but it was annoying) and now it works great... except for the fact that the scroll over on the field appears slow. This has really been a frustrating week, as I've reinstalled both the client and java several times but to no improvement. Any help would be appreciated.

This is what I'm getting when I try to spectate:

proxy.fumbbl.com/213.64.182.36

Spectator trying connection...

Socket[addr=proxy.fumbbl.com/213.64.182.36,port=8082,localport=51051]
Downloading team1..

and then it just sits there.
Fama

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2009 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't help you with the problem with spectating, but I can confirm that the slowness is indeed the result of using too new Java. It's pretty widely reported.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2009 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

So after trying to install another java ( following the thread about slow java ) , now I can't even get the game to load. It keeps saying that the game is corrupted. So I reinstalled and I still get the problem.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2009 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Version of Java? And what OS do you use? Vista, Xp,..?
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2009 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

For the spectating problem try starting a game in standalone mode first. Play a turn then close the client. then hopefully spectating should work.

Can you run the client by double clicking the Bbowl.jar file?

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2009 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm using Vista and Java version 6-7 (which was recommended on this forum as the best for fumbbl).

Right now I can't get anything to work like trying to start it manually or through the website.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2009 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I assumed you installed it in program files. Move the JavaBBowl folder out of Program Files, to somewhere else, and you should be fine.
th0r

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2009 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I installed the JavaBBowl folder to my C drive.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2009 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

oh... bummer. I hoped it was easy.
th0r

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2009 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay so now for some reason I can open from the Bbowl.jar file. It's still sluggish even though I can verify that only version 1.6.0_07 is enabled. When I try to run it through the website, nothing happens.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2009 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Your browser might try and start a java-version that you deleted.

No idea about the sluggishness... You might want to delete all versions and install 1.6.7 fresh again.
th0r

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2009 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I removed anything newer then version 7 and it runs good now. I guess I'm back to the start with figuring out why I can't spectate or use the website at all.
G_Force

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2009 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

i have a JBBLaunch.conf appear on my desktop when i play (holds info like the location of the .jar file etc). try finding and deleting this then retry the webstart. just a thought.

shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2009 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

for first time installations & inability to spectate matches...

koadah wrote:
For the spectating problem try starting a game in standalone mode first. Play a turn then close the client. then hopefully spectating should work.

this

--j

ImageImage
th0r

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2009 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I've "fixed the problem"... I tried opening fumbbl through internet explorer and it worked first time... I normally use firefox, I guess one of the new updates it automatically does must have done something. Anyway thanks for the help.
 Jump to: