30 coaches online • Server time: 09:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2009 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

A young Twahn looked over the desolate land known as The Southern Chaos Wastes...The vast mass of land that occupies near all of the southern hemisphere, yet very few of it's secrets are known to any. Young Twahn had a dream, to turn this land into the biggest, oldest and most well known BloodBowl league the world had ever known. What followed gentleman was the legend that became SWL: Southern Wastes League.

Since then, teams from across the region have struggled and strived to lift the premier crown as SWL Champions. Many have tried, nearly all have failed in this harsh and competitive environment, and yet more and more come for one of the most important trophies FUMBBL has to offer.

Now season 33 is almost upon us, and we are proud to announce SWL are recruiting for the draft!

SWL games are generally played 8+ hours up on bb time, but are open to coaches somewhere between 6-11+ hours bb time.

For more information about the current season please visit http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=647

Also to find out more about SWL, we have our own website. http://swl.servegame.org/swl/welcome.php

You can also drop in for more information on our irc channel #swl or pm me or an admin.

The first draft will be drawn on the 25th October and the first round of Season 33 is due to start early to middle of November.

For a more detailed look at SWL and what is required go to the site guide http://swl.servegame.org/swl/guide.php

new teams are required to play at least 2 trial games and a full 1st season (7 games).

I look forward to seeing you on the field, good luck {prospetictive Southern Wasters, you'll need it!
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2009 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

What time zone am I in? http://www.worldtimezone.com/

To all the New South Welshmen out there who are a bit slow, yes the +6 to +11 covers you. The league is mostly Australian.

IMO SWL is one of the best leagues on fumbbl. The two selling points are:

a) the racial balance/racial draft which ensures a mix of every side in the league, so you don't end up playing the same races over and over.
b) the relegation/promotion system which means that you will mostly get to play sides of your caliber.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Patrician

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2009 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to try a challenging and fun league, with a bunch of skilled and friendly coaches, then SWL is for you.

SWL also has a very active casual play "Fringe", with a fair few Smack type comps running all the time.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2009 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Now we're going to get inundated with kiwis!

Seriously though, SWL rocks! If you live in these time zones then you have to at least hang in the chat room with gumbi.

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2009 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Gone are the pressures of picking games, or worrying about picking, and welcome to the fun of scheduled games in your timezone with enduring teams with heaps of memories/grudges and fun.

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2009 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I bring back my parked team? Or would I have to draft fresh?
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2009 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Fool wrote:
Can I bring back my parked team? Or would I have to draft fresh?

Question for the admins, my guess is that it largely depends on the race

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2009 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:
To all the New South Welshmen out there who are a bit slow, yes the +6 to +11 covers you.

Yes, even those from QLD or VIC (or even NZ) who are bright enough to come here are still not that with it sometimes. It's a sad state of affairs but we try and help them out as much as possible.
Barre

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2009 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The draft is due to close tomorrow, so any takers should send their picks in asap.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2009 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Next time we advertise the heading should really say something like "australians, nz, japanese, look in here..." because no one knows what SWL is so why would they click?

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2009 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Well that whole heading wouldn't be seen as a whole heading in the recent topic section. I however see your point, but SWL is legendary.

Looks like the only person to post on here yet without a current SWL team is Tomay and he's an admin!

DrDiscoStu wrote:
Next time we advertise the heading should really say something like "australians, nz, japanese, look in here..." because no one knows what SWL is so why would they click?
Barre

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2009 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL (GMT+10) Recruiting <- sorted

fool is another, welcome back mate (assuming it happens)

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2009 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a team. I've gone 5/1/0 this season, jeez harvest keep up. Im the talk of the town.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2009 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
I have a team. I've gone 5/1/0 this season, jeez harvest keep up. Im the talk of the town.

Really!! Sorry Tomay, it's just I don't usually scroll that far down!

Ladies, Smack talk season 33 is officially open!
danielcollins

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2009 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

talk of the town? who's talking? ya mum?
 Jump to: