34 coaches online • Server time: 09:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2009 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Season XV is underway!

Here is your thread!

Draft has completed for NWL NEW

Windexchugger Betweener
Th0r Basher
lawman baller
Jasfmpgh Basher
thepoz
goat314 basher
Catalyst32 Basher
DexWarmonger Baller
Celas baller
Crimsonwolf Baller
Mazzix Baller
Oryx Baller

mwilli72

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2009 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Still waiting for lawman to accept his invite, and Thepoz, Catalyst32, Celas, and Oryx need to make rookie teams to join New. Then we can kick off that season.
fangbanger

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2009 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

ooooooooooohhhhhhhh, so this is the new forum thing a ma bob, but didn't know how to get here till willi sent out a pm, looks like there is all sorts of room in here for peoples!
Cool

Last edited by fangbanger on %b %22, %2009 - %16:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
mwilli72

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2009 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Tod and I will be playing our Premiere matchup Tuesday night, 9:30 eastern time.
prophane

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2009 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

what a game for the St Louis Hams

after vowing to leave the NWLforever after being again demoted (from Vet to Fringe) the team made some drastic roster changes, firing several coaches and even letting go of team favorite and NWL MVP oh no!, the high flying goblin, the Greenskins from the Mid-Coast retake the pitch in an epic battle that left many a blood stain on the pitch.

The Orcs from St Louis managed to pull off a 2-0 victory against the comic book chicks, the Amazon squad, Animachix, coaches by ultrasmurf.

The game started quite lopsided with 13 Amazons vs only 8 Orcs, but a quick blitz and a few good armor rolls, and the numbers started evening out.

The Hams managed to score one in the first half as team superstar Issac Bruise managed to get the ball (a few times) and score on the last turn.

The swealtering heat at the half put several of the dainty ladies out and the Hams started with 7 vs 5.

Jacob Hell recieved the kick early in the 2nd half and the Hams used their strengths (and tackle and mighty blow) to great effect, managing to clear the pitch before the 2nd TD was scored in turn 7.

The Anamichix could not do much else at that point. They played with honor and pride. It was a good game. The Orcs will be celebrating all the way back to Premiere (as soon as they get a few more players on the team!)

prophane

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2009 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Not as good as their last match...
St Louis Hams suffer an early bump on their "Road Back to Premiere" in a 0-2 loss to -eech and his Dark Elf squad, No Win Left.

The Hams lost veteran blitzer #84 Shaun McMurder and rookie BOB #62 Gouger Fall-In the 3rd managed to niggle on his first skill roll.

Not the best way to rebuild a broken team... but they Hams will press on.

2 new faces were added to the squad, post game. Welcome new LineOrc #44 Mike Carnage and rookie Goblin #14 Killen Hurtin.

mwilli72

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2009 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Celas and I should be playing our Vet matchup this evening.
xyon

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2009 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I was scheduled with ultrasmurf for saturday the 27th, he didnt show up, I sent a new pm but he hasnt replied to that yet.

I'm also scheduled to play catalyst but he has not replied to my pms.

update: played ultrasmurf, but no word yet from catalyst
xyon

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2009 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

still no reply from catalyst and he's been on the site a couple times. sigh
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2009 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

NWL NEW, play some games! This is not time to cherrypick, we've designed the NEW Division so that early bumps in the development can easily accomodate rebuilding or restarting.

Don't make me pull this tournament over, or so help me, Nuffle, I will give you a reason to cry!

xyon

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2009 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Get your games on, you cheeky darlings!

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
xyon

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2009 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest that for next season we raise TR caps for each division by 15 Very Happy It seems like i'll be in fringe for a long time... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
fangbanger

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2009 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

you have been in fringe a long time!

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2009 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to suggest the possibility for a friendly once per team in each pre-season segment. It really helps recover squishy teams, and if you need to trim some weight, sometimes you need another game or two before you can field 11. Demotion is always terrible, but it's even worse when you start the season with 10. Anyone with me?

The downside is that bashers often have to go without friendlies (or face other bashers), but since everyone hates bashers anyway, I mean uhh they need them less than squishy teams do, it seems fair to me. And every now and then bashers can get friendlies, if they aren't too bashy or if some non-basher is feeling nice.
fangbanger

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2009 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm all for it , better than trying to find a game out of the league