42 coaches online • Server time: 00:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mwilli72

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2010 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok boys, the draft was just rolled, here's the results:

[20:01] just 9 guys to roll for
[20:02] I have my paper ready
[20:02] is 1 best, or is higher best?
[20:02] highest
[20:02] th0r
[20:02] bb d6
[20:02] <@BowlBot> Da_Todfatha: Rolled 4
[20:03] crimsonwolf
[20:03] bb d6
[20:03] <@BowlBot> Da_Todfatha: Rolled 5
[20:03] intrepidfool
[20:03] <@BowlBot> Da_Todfatha: Rolled 1
[20:03] ultrasmurf
[20:03] <@BowlBot> Da_Todfatha: Rolled 3
[20:03] catalyst32
[20:03] celas
[20:03] <@BowlBot> Da_Todfatha: Rolled 4
[20:03] sinnyil
[20:04] thepoz
[20:04] bb d6
[20:04] <@BowlBot> Da_Todfatha: Rolled 2
[20:04] lawman
[20:04] <@BowlBot> Da_Todfatha: Rolled 1
[20:04] now roll offs
[20:04] th0r
[20:04] <@BowlBot> Da_Todfatha: Rolled 1
[20:04] celas
[20:04] <@BowlBot> Da_Todfatha: Rolled 6
[20:04] ultrasmurf
[20:04] <@BowlBot> Da_Todfatha: Rolled 3
[20:04] catalyst
[20:04] <@BowlBot> Da_Todfatha: Rolled 5
[20:04] sinnyil
[20:04] ultrasmurf
[20:05] sinnyil
[20:05] bb d6
[20:05] <@BowlBot> Da_Todfatha: Rolled 1
[20:05] intrepidfool
[20:05] <@BowlBot> Da_Todfatha: Rolled 5
[20:05] lawman
[20:05] <@BowlBot> Da_Todfatha: Rolled 3
[20:05] that's it
[20:05] so whats the order
[20:05] order goes crimsonwolf, celas, th0r
[20:05] catalyst, ultrasmurf, sinnyil
[20:05] thepoz, intrepidfool, lawman
[20:08] ok, quick run through shows 3 bash, 4 tween, 3 ball, 2 others already in New
[20:08] first up is crimsonwolf
[20:09] basher
[20:09] celas wants basher
[20:11] thor gets baller
[20:12] catalyst wants baller
[20:12] ultrasmurf wants tween
[20:12] sinnyil wants tween
[20:12] that gives us a breakdown so far of 5-6-5-2
[20:12] 5-6-5
[20:12] yup
[20:12] thepoz wants bash
[20:12] 665
[20:12] baller for fool
[20:12] 666
[20:12] tween for lawman
[20:13] 676
[20:13] everyone gets first choice

And a late addition, jasfmpgh drafts last and gets baller

Everyone go make their teams and submit to New!

mwilli
mwilli72

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2010 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Premiere and Vets Nad Conference are up and running, everyone trim your teams (if needed) before playing.
Slartibart

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2010 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

We also need members for the new NWL Extreme league....

rules? we dont need no stinking rules... the steel toe rules supreme in this league...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=6998
mwilli72

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2010 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Fangbanger will be creating a Betweener team for new and mwilli72 will be creating a basher team.
screech

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2010 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I'm late at this.
If I want to make a new team, is there anything left?
If not can make a vamp or hobbo and still be pushed into roundrobining new?

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2010 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

**Disclaimer: I sent this out initially as a message but realized after the fact that my comments might actually bring up a converstation and felt that it would be a better format to discuss on the boards instead of through the new PM system***

Well the interesting thing to me is this.

Fangbanger had 3 scheduled NWL matches...two of them he missed and was forfeit.

Looking at the DIVS we have multiple coaches in 2,3 and even 4 of the 5 DIVS.

This will start becoming very common IF these coaches who are in multiple divs miss a week or two.

On top of that they have multiple teams in the NEW div.

Bottom line.

I understand there was a discussion inside the NWL about number of games and the down time between matches when all of us only had one team.. But it now seems we have done a 180 and now we have to many teams run by the same coach.

this is my little bitch.

NWL Battleground really surged with number of coaches and teams for 3 months. Coaches were playing in the Battleground to get some games played with there other (L) teams whille they were "down" during the week in the NWL...then the NEW DIV hit and stole around 50% of participants in the Battleground, shut down the Open round robin and then allowed coaches multiple teams into the main group of the NWL and that stole around another 25%. Unlike the other off shoot groups of the NWL who cater to a niche market of coaches the Battleground is a very viable alternative inside the NWL for coaches to play inside the group whille the normal season progresses. Meaning its a alternative KO style group. Not stunty only or 6's but a group who plays standard Blood Bowl. NEW Div is also taking a hit with coaches running multiple teams that now the NEW div games are starting to dry up because coaches simply have to many games on the schedule.

But hey the Battelground is starting to pick up coaches outside the NWL and is surviving with around 40 coaches. But its just the big point about how we went from one team one coach and went overboard and now we have a glut of NWL action across the spectrum. With coaches running multiple teams in the main group, 2 in battleground, 1 in 6's and 1 in Honor league and 1 in stunty. Which also now makes it a little harder to pick up games in the NEW div.

of course I also qustion why Celas and I got 0 points for the Fangbanger situation BUT then on the flip side its no big deal inless your team can get demoted back into the NEW div, which might not be a bad option for my sorry ass team.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2010 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

You know I miss the days of the NWL when the season thread would run 10+ pages...match reports, bitches, moans, groins and the once a season 2 page bitch fest about some "issue".

Oh those were the days.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2010 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well we just started the new season, there's still plenty of time for that to happen!
th0r

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2010 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm already bitter after week 1. In addition to my Chaos losing in Fringe, my Khemri were unable to get in game 1 due to my opponent not showing up. Not only did I get 0 points for this, my Khemri were already light coming in (cap wise), since they were promoted from the New division, and I miss out on valuable spp/skills.
celas

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2010 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The rules clearly state: "There are penalties for late matches and forfeits. Two unexcused forfeits and you are removed from the league. Failure to respond to your opponent before a deadline will result in -5 league points (see also Forfeit points below)."

Admins now have a tough decision as one player has already forfeited two matches this season and in at least my case, did not respond to my PM before the deadline. And for the record, I have a 2nd round match against the same opponent and no word from him from a PM sent 4 days despite it saying it was read by him 4 days ago. If we are going to give his opponents 0 points for the first round match as stated in the rules, we also have to enforce the other rules...which means (based on past rulings) that all games against the opponent are forfeited and nobody "loses points" in the standings.

I know we all have times when RL puts our online commitments far down the list of priorities. When a case like this comes up though, beginning of the season, multiple opponents against looking to start and stay on pace with the other teams in their division, take the minute or two to let us know you can't fulfill the commitments. NWL has always given people a 2nd chance, even when they pull out a week into the season starting (cf. Alexis - although unfortunately he did it a second time after his return). Better to take time off in good standing rather than hold up a dozen or more other coaches.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2010 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Commishes, just forfeit the games not played the day after the deadline if you haven't heard from the participants.

Coaches, if you need an extension you may have it as long as you do the following:

1. Ask your commish ahead of time not the day after the deadline.
2. When requesting an extention, have the game scheduled, <-- This means don't say "hey we're gonna try and do it on Friday" Instead say Hey Commish, me and my opponent need an extension, we've scheduled to play Friday at 7:30 pm EST, Okay?" <-- That's what we're looking for. Now if one of you isn't there, the staff knows who forfeits.
3. If you can't get a hold of your opponent tell your commish that.

Is there any misunderstandings? Is this somehow asking too much?

Let me know.

In Closing, RL happens. I've conceded a Premier game to rush my kid to the ER. Many of us sometimes have family issues come up. When getting pushed around by RL, don't take it out on the rest of us when we decide to move on. RL happens. If you don't let us know what's going on, (and I'm not saying you have to) but don't get your ass on your shoulders when we keep things moving. It really isn't that big of a deal, if you spend hours and days complaining how you've been wronged, sadly, you probably could have done somethings to help yourself not get a game forfeited.

That might cost you some stupid award icon on your team page, I'm sorry.

Todd

mwilli72

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2010 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait a minute...We can get stupid award icons on our team pages?!?! Why didn't anyone ever tell me this?!?!

Oh yeah, it's because I've never won anything, nevermind.
th0r

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2010 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

My chaos just started acting like chaos this weekend. Watch out NWL Fringe. Sorry Slart.
screech

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2010 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we end the misery of this season yet?
or are we still going to wait for people who haven't been on for weeks?
Can we at least start discussing the next season?

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2010 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

heheh Screech you read my mind, I just saw this post, but I have ended the season. Discuss away any changes you feel are in order and we will see. Im going to hold off on starting the next season for a while.

1. We will Limit the # of teams in NWL (Premier, Vet, Fringe) to 2 teams max, so all of you with more than that be prepared to cut teams loose from NWL. This is simply to limit the impact of a coach that goes AWOL.

Jump to: