54 coaches online • Server time: 23:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Convince a friend to...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post 22 Posted: Mar 10, 2011 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if anyone else has spotted this, or maybe I'm just missing something, but doesn't there seem to be a potential conflict between the way the post-match sequence works in LRB6 and TV-capped tourneys?

Before, it seemed quite common (for me at least) to sometimes have to trim down a team's TR if they were just over the TR-limit for a tourney they wanted to enter. But now, once you've completed the post-match sequence and pressed 'Ready', you can no longer make changes to your team, which will make this pre-tourney trimming impossible.

As an example, this is my [B]ox Necro team:

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=590637

Their Tournament Weight is currently 1850. Say a [B] minor was suddenly announced with a TV limit of 1750, they would need to shed 100k of cash to enter, but they can't because the post-match sequence has been completed.

You might say one answer would be to leave the post-match sequence open indefinitely, in case you want to enter a tourney. This might be ok in [R], but in [B] this wouldn't work, because you can't activate any other teams until you've finished the post-match sequence for the team you've just played.

Does anyone else think this might be an issue? Obviously this won't affect Majors, as they're not TV-capped.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2011 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

meh, play one game and then trip postmatch before applyign to the tourny

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2011 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely a complication with Box tourneys with TV caps (or TW caps, which is more likely). Pythrr's point is valid though, play one game with them. Fortunately, there is no announced Box tourney with a TV/TW cap, so have at it with whatever team you want for CoS.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Adar

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2011 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

You can activate teams without having a team ready (]read this thread). The not ready function only stops you from easily finding the activation link (which happens to be: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blackbox&op=activate)

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2011 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
This might be ok in [R], but in [B] this wouldn't work, because you can't activate any other teams until you've finished the post-match sequence for the team you've just played.

No, you can still activate teams even if one of them isn't ready to play.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2011 - 20:47
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Massive non issue I'm afraid.

Firstly due to the workaround linked to above. Which hasnt so far been banned or removed by anyone, so i guess its good to use.

Secondly in R all TW caps are known well in advance. You can stop and call a team tournament ready at any time, and know that there are always scheduled smacks weekly at all levels, and eventaully a Minors Schedule will emerge and try to be adhered to.

thirdly in B. The B Minors are capped by TW. but the reason that TW isnt pre-decided and is generated randomly is exactly to prevent people pimping teams weeks in advance and just sitting on them. i do not feel the ability to pimp exactly to the line is very in keeping with the B division, so have never tried to make it easy.

You complain it is harder to do, that you might have to play one whole game.

i say good.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2011 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, thanks for clearing that up PC Smile

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2011 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

what about if i have 4 MNGs bringing my TV way down.. I enter a tourne under the cap only to explode over it once they return(if i win first match)

TW fixes that I guess, havent looked at the way thats calced
Astarael

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2011 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

TW is just TV + Missing Players TV + Cash/1k TV

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2011 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Another thought:

If a team is missing a lot of players and gets some journeymen due to this, TW also counts these guys in, even though they won't have impact on the long run. This could lead to a situation where a team's TW gets too high for a capped tourney/a particular TW range (especially if the team's TW is trimmed to get as close to the cap as possible).

But I guess since, lets say, four developed players missing and being replaced by two journeymen is a huge problem for the team anyway - and the coach will probably try to find a match before the tourney starts to get his good players back, which would cut the TW down again.

Jump to: