44 coaches online • Server time: 19:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lagapul

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2011 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

I think the problem is already clear (thanks to the heading).
It would be great if somebody could help me with this problem.

I can remember someone helping me changing the settings of the old client, so that it could show all it's beauty. Smile

Is it possible to change the new client in a smaller version, too?

This would be rather important, because I only have a netbook. It's my only possibility to play online BB!!! And my League is going to change to the new system. Please help me!

Thanks in advance,
Lagapul
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2011 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no way to resize the client. Moving the taskbar so it is on the side instead of on the bottom has work for some people. But my advice is that you buy a real computer.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2011 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe it is not possible at the moment, due to it being (dare I say it) a low priority issue, and the current graphics are all pixel graphics, which don't scale well.

I also believe there are currently work arounds that let you make your desktop bigger than it's 'real' size, and then you scroll around, but I can't remeber which threads they are in.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

@Were_M_Eye: My taskbar is hiden - but its too big anyway...
A "real" computer is a bit too expensive for me, just to buy it to play BB.

@James_Probert: Thanks a lot for the information! (now I know)

Perhaps someone else can remember, where the thread is with the tool, to make your desktop bigger.
It would be great, if I could use the new client somehow.
Xadie

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

James_Probert wrote:
I believe it is not possible at the moment, due to it being (dare I say it) a low priority issue, and the current graphics are all pixel graphics, which don't scale well.

I also believe there are currently work arounds that let you make your desktop bigger than it's 'real' size, and then you scroll around, but I can't remeber which threads they are in.

The only thing we need are optional sliders to move the view Smile
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no special tool for setting your desktop to a bigger area than you normally have, either your graphics card can handle it, and then you can set it on the normal place (right clicking on the desktop -> properties -> settings if you are running XP and most other windows versions)

The client demands that you run at least 1024*768 which have been a web-standard for at least 5 years i believe...
Sinner

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
There is no special tool for setting your desktop to a bigger area than you normally have, either your graphics card can handle it, and then you can set it on the normal place (right clicking on the desktop -> properties -> settings if you are running XP and most other windows versions)

The client demands that you run at least 1024*768 which have been a web-standard for at least 5 years i believe...

Ummm, my HTPC runs 1280x768 and I cannot see the apo, rerolls and most importantly the chat window. I have to switch over to 1360x850 to see everything.

Probably it is just my dum' ol' 32" LCD-TV though... (old meaning 5 years)

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Sinner, if you hide your taskbar before launching the client, it should be all good, or as have been recommended on numerous threads, grab your taskbar and drag it over to one side of the screen, a thing which is really good with the new widescreen standards.
Sinner

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I have to do that or I cannot type on the bigger resolution as well.

I will post a screenshot somehow, next time I fire up the PC for a game.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

i have the same problem, on my 10'' laptop, although i can still play i just cant see how many rrs i have left or apoth etc, but ach its a small problem, i can see the dice, i can see the pitch i can see the teams what more do i need. Smile ive found i can plug in another monitor into my laptop and i can play away with the client full size its just the tiny screen is too small to handle it.
uuni

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:

I would like to add, that this is only true for the 4:3 displays (CRTs etc). Most people that have complained about the resolution/cropping thing have laptops with 16:9 display ratios, where the HD 720 seems to be an acceptable standard.

The FFB client apparently can be displayed correctly, if the 4:3 display resolution is at least XGA (1024:768), but with regret the HD 720 (1280:720) falls a bit short of that. Apparently many minilaptops have such a display.

More information on display resolutions can be found on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution.

In any case, thank you for developing the otherwise quite excellent client software!
Sinner

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Doh,

might be my numbers where wrong. If that is the case I apologize up front and will say nothing more about my numbers.

I will need to consider buying an 42" Full HD screen then. 1920 x 1080 should do the trick.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Chatting when you can't see the bottom chat window:

1. Click the area where the conversation appears
2. Press TAB
3. type away.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Sinner wrote:
Doh,

might be my numbers where wrong. If that is the case I apologize up front and will say nothing more about my numbers.

I will need to consider buying an 42" Full HD screen then. 1920 x 1080 should do the trick.

As good reason as any to buy a new TV. Very Happy
Lagapul

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2011 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, my Problem is, I can't see the RRs or the Apo at all.

My Desktop is on a 1024x600 setting. The Client only shows the playing field and the first line of the chat.

I will post a screen shot in the next days.
 Jump to: