39 coaches online • Server time: 13:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2011 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this issue a hot button over there also...Iam totally unaware of any Cyanide BB issues, due to the fact that I only play on FUMBBL.

So are coaches min/maxing the CLPOMB over there since its format for general play is just like the Box?

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2011 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Its worse than I thought...the Fourms on CYANIDE combusted into flame and crashed...obviously between dice hack programs, flame wars between forum admins and players and the CLPOMB totally gutted the forums in a conflaguration of doom and flame.

Makes it look like utopia over here.

***side note: Utopia on the old intellivison system rocked ****

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2011 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyanide open leagues were just horrible in so many ways that C-POMB probably didn't seem like too much of a big deal.

Dode & Co created the Forum Open League which seems pretty good. I don't think it has much trouble with C-POMB but from what I remember they tend to play at lower TV than in the Box. The last stats I remember the top race was undead! Shocked

Middenheim is another leading open league.

Dode is the Guy you need to ask. He'll prob know about both.

Cbakke managed to rack up a combined 700+ pages with his anti claw rants. He had about 4 or 5 supporters but was mostly ridiculed.

Their sheduled leagues have been running for quite a while without complaints I think. 10+ seasons?

CBakke's threads were blood bowl folk lore. I can't believe they weren't backed up.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2011 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah Claw was the focus of cyanide forum hate rather than specifically PO or CLawPOMB as a combo.

I played in the OCC for several seasons c. 250 coaches iirc, and I don't recall seeing any serious discussion of clawpomb problems, though there were lots of high tv chaos teams in the top divisions. Flix's Wood Elves were champs the last 5 seasons iirc...
Qaz

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2011 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

From what I remember getting to the top of a league was building a team minimax them ride them hope to be lucky and get rake up about 25 wins vs noobs to be at hte top. if you lost once start over. there was a forrest of minimaxed claw pombers but at the top it was zons dwarfs necros all minimaxed to face new coaches and get an easy win.

I was pretty high ranked in some of the leagues for a while unitl I got tired of the ride rince repat mode.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Tigga

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2011 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't say much about the open leagues as the combination of bad players, a stupid matching system (TV) and too many concessions means that it's pretty pointless to play there... but I can say some things about the OCC, which is perhaps the largest private league in that game. As King_Ghidra said Flix's Wood Elves managed to win it for 5 (!) successive seasons, but it looks like he's being dropped from the top division (division 1) at the moment. I know that in the last four of these seasons the second place spot has been taken by 2xChaos, 1xLizard and 1xOrcs. Currently div 1 has one chaos team, which is sitting in 6th (of 10). With three matches to go this season it's looking like there will be one chaos team in div 1 next season as well.

In other words... no. The ability of elf teams to quickly reskill their players after a pounding and their pure scoring potential puts them in a very strong position against the chaos teams. Furthermore, inducements go a huge way to balance things out. Fast and agile teams are arguably stronger 150k TV down as a wizard can really throw 2-1 grid strategies flying. I actually compiled some stats for the OCC which show that TV difference really doesn't have a huge impact on results... (<55% win rate for higher TV team) and Cyanide doesn't even use a full inducement set. Would be interesting to see the same stats here, though I don't know how many games are played with largish TV differences...

Pretty large caveat here that the first six seasons of the OCC were played before Cyanide had released all the teams... we're now on season 10, but there still have been no "new teams" in the top division as in such a large league it tends to take a while to get promoted. The original teams were: Orcs, Chaos, Wood Elves, Dark Elves, Goblins, Lizardmen, Dwarfs, Skaven and Humans.
TTS

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2011 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

In general play, it's pretty prevalent at high tv. In the main, match choosing division there's absolutely no way to stop people from farming perfectly min maxed teams and lots of clawpomb exists. But Cyanide players ONLY know Bashy because it's an instant gratification world and they just don't know how to play against agile teams for the most part. It's a dumbed down world and by that merit clawpomb teams are the most popular.

The non-match choosing divisions aren't as bad, but there's still lots of chaos/nurgle teams, and lots of norse and dwarves at lower TVs. Pubbies tend toward the bashiest teams, or the most noticeably power skill combinations.

I'm not sure about the public tournament scene, though, as I mostly have cyanide to play with non-fumbbl bloodbowlers and friends from a separate forum for games and private tournaments.
CK_Zweistein

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

there is no platform for anything serious in the world of cyanide.

the official forum is close to not controled at all and so the kiddys are all over the place.

official tournaments are not happening!
even the last "Worldcup" was not finished. after a horrible qualification, mostly organised by some bigger leagues, no one ever heared again from focus (the publisher). (i think)

the latest ingame-news are from the release of the game ...

the only thing working with the cyanide game are some leagues with very dedicated teams.

pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

so

cyanide is dying due to end of developer support? (ie: sales have peaked, declined, why put any more support into a product with no more financial return to be had? without a ongoing revenue flow - ie: subscriptions - why would the publishers bother?

anyone surprised?

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

thats the way the world goes.
money making companys "normaly" consists out of people with no deeper interest or care for there product, as long as its bringing good money.
and companys with dedicated people with care for what they are producing are too slow or use too good material and are thereby no costefficent.

see ... everything ... (Blizard for instance, as we are talking about gaming stuff)

and Bloodbowl is and was a niche product from the beginning.

koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
so

cyanide is dying due to end of developer support? (ie: sales have peaked, declined, why put any more support into a product with no more financial return to be had? without a ongoing revenue flow - ie: subscriptions - why would the publishers bother?

anyone surprised?

It'll live as long as there is a server. Pretty much like Fumbbl.

It looks dead because the leagues run their own separate sites. On Fumbbl we can run our leagues right here.

You could say that they are in better shape as their leagues are bigger and when the server goes they can manage their leagues with BBManager or OBBLM.

I don't know how much use our client would be without Christer's servers and Christer to run them.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah. yes, but, also, free.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

There's a cost it's just a matter of who pays.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

/facepalm

way to miss the point, K.

cyanide is a for-profit beast, and therefore their customers might rightfully feel a bit miffed when they fail to come through on their promised levels of after-purchase support (ie: tournaments, world cups, and all that jazz).

fumbbl is a not-for-profit (in order to avoid GW's lawyer-wrath), but nevertheless provides many of the things (like well-run majors, etc) that Cyanide has failed to do.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
/facepalm

way to miss the point, K.

cyanide is a for-profit beast, and therefore their customers might rightfully feel a bit miffed when they fail to come through on their promised levels of after-purchase support (ie: tournaments, world cups, and all that jazz).

fumbbl is a not-for-profit (in order to avoid GW's lawyer-wrath), but nevertheless provides many of the things (like well-run majors, etc) that Cyanide has failed to do.

Your one liner was a bit cryptic. Wink

I would guess that most people who have donated to Fumbbl have donated much more than the cost of legendary edition.

If you bought legendary edition you could easily consider it good value for money. Those people still playing it probably consider it great value for money.

However much people moan that its not Fumbbl, not perfect CRP, full of bugs, the first version was daylight robbery etc anyone still playing now probably has it at the top or very near the top of their most played games list.

It's got a long way to go beat Doom though. (Hello Germany Wink )

Jump to: