48 coaches online • Server time: 17:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How many days per game would you like in a league?
Two or less.
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Three.
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Four.
20%
 20%  [ 15 ]
Five.
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Six or more.
40%
 40%  [ 30 ]
Who cares about Leagues and CRP? It is all about Macavity!
17%
 17%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 74

Woodstock

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2011 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I started the FortNight a few months ago. It wasn't the greatest success, but I still want to try to make a fast paced league.

So here is the poll... Vote!
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2011 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Voted 4, 2 days were a bit stressful I think 3-4 days should be enough for active coaches and maybe give a little breather for unforeseen stuff.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2011 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the idea of a quick league but I normally struggle to get on to play between Thursday night and Sunday day so a 2 day turn around on games for me is not possible, 4 days gives ample time to play and arrange games and will, in my opinion, become a lot more viable for coaches.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2011 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing we did before was do small 4 person open round robins - once/week. So that is 3 games - but in any order during the week.

So folks broken up into groups of 4 teams - each open round robin started. At the end of the week - the teams are broken up into new groups of 4 and it continues.

The open round robin aspect allows for games to be played quickly since can do any order. Thus have a week for each game - but just scheduling 3 games at a time.
Keith-Lemon

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2011 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted 4 days, I was in the first league but we was having some problems at home so it was a bad time for me to join really.

Think 4 would be good and i would like to rejoin when/if yu get this up and running again.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2011 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Moar votes needed!
Wallace

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2011 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

It really depends on time zones. If you have to play someone who could be anywhere in the world with their own time constraints two weeks might not be enough time. If everyone agrees to play within a two hour window then a few days might be enough.

I think that is reflected in the succesfull long running leagues, most of which have a nominated timezone for games. For these, one game a week seems pretty standard and even then league admins need to be vigilant in enforcing forfeits for incomplete games.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2011 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Wallace wrote:
It really depends on time zones. If you have to play someone who could be anywhere in the world with their own time constraints two weeks might not be enough time. If everyone agrees to play within a two hour window then a few days might be enough.

I think that is reflected in the succesfull long running leagues, most of which have a nominated timezone for games. For these, one game a week seems pretty standard and even then league admins need to be vigilant in enforcing forfeits for incomplete games.

That is nice... But I already knew that Razz
Just need moar votes!
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2011 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Format is important, but so is fluff. Was it only down to the fortnight having too little time for games?

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2011 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Various reasons. Moar votes!...
Fela

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2011 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted 6 or more, but i'm really with Azure here. 2-3 games clustered within a week's period would be much more manageable than a game every 2 days.
member1234

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2011 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

For a quick league I'd go for about four I think. Set the cut offs at Saturdays and Wednesdays and that way folks who only/mostly play the weekend can get their games in on Saturday and Sunday. Being able to play both games on weekends should help with timezones and the like too. Likewise for weekdays though timezones remaining an issue. Only problem arises when the two clash (those who can only do weekdays and those who can only do weekends) but then that would be true for any format.

With a set number of days (2,3,4,5,6) the cut off day will always be changing, can make it awkward for planning & folks with commitments. I think it's better to know you always have to get it played by a set day each week than for that day to be different every game.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2011 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd vote for 2 games per week (so 3-4 days I guess). Can play more, but want to have time for blackbox and other leagues aswell Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2011 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I think people should be encouraged to finish their games before their deadline approaches. A coach who starts earlier basically earns buffer.
A way to do that I could imagine would be by decreasing the time span, like:

1st round: 6 days
2nd round: 5 days
3rd round 4 days
4th round 3 days
5th round: 2 days
6th round 1 day

To manage the first games in time is usually much harder and like this the coach would have an opportunity to stumble at the start without falling over right away. Once he gets going it continually becomes more of his own responsiblity to finish his games in time.

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %21, %2011 - %17:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2011 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

It doesn't really help me earning a buffer if my next opponent doesn't?

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
 Jump to: