40 coaches online • Server time: 00:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2012 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure I quite understand it, maybe it can be shown with a simplified 2 groups of 4 teams example?

Applicants:

Chaos Dwarf 2300TV
Dark Elf 2250TV
Orc 2200TV
Chaos 2150TV
Chaos Dwarf 2100TV
Chaos 2050TV
Chaos Dwarf 2000TV
Chaos Dwarf 1950TV -miss out
Amazon 1900TV

Group Chaos Dwarf:

Chaos Dwarf 2300TV
Dark Elf 2250TV
Chaos Dwarf 2100TV
Chaos Dwarf 2000TV

Group Chaos:

Chaos 2150TV
Orc 2200TV
Chaos 2050TV
Amazon 1900TV

Would that be right, or would dark elfs go in the chaos group and push amazons out?

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2012 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:

Would that be right, or would dark elfs go in the chaos group and push amazons out?

It's random. The other races (not in the top Cool are sorted into the 8 qualifying groups randomly.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2012 - 17:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The 8 races with the most applicants get allocated a qualifier each.

the remaining represented races are randomly allocate to those same 8 groups.

So each qualifier will have a list of races associated with it, and ALL the applicants from those races will be in that qualifier or not playing.

Each qualifier is then filled to a maximum of 16 teams.

First we take the biggest team from each race, to ensure as many races as possible are represented.

Then all remianing applicants from all the races associated with that qualifier are ranked by TV and the biggest taken into the group.

If we reach 16 teams we stop, and the rest miss out. If we don't reach 16 teams then fillers take the rest of the spots and will automatically forfeit their games.

This means we will have 8 different races represented in the finals.

The only SURE way to get into a qualifier is to apply with THE top TV team of that race. If a popular race gets 2-3 other races dropped into their group, some biggish teams may miss out. While smaller teams (but biggest of their race) make it into that qualifier, let alone in other qualifiers where there may also be spaces un-used.

it is YOUR choice what you enter. ultimately that is all you have to do, pick a team to enter, and apply it to the CoS qualifying group.

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2012 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

***Posted before seeing Purplechests post

Ok thanks. Smile

But chaos dwarfs can only go in the chaos dwarf group right?

And the teams are assigned randomly starting with the highest TV and going downwards?

So in my example if the chaos dwarf group was randomly filled with both the dark elfs and orcs then the two smallest chaos dwarf teams would miss out and the chaos group would get amazons and a filler spot?

Last edited by Overhamsteren on %b %05, %2012 - %17:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2012 - 17:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

yes

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2012 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, it seems I'm not only a slow player, I'm even a very slow poster! Don't even bother to read, written right after RandomeOracle post.

----

I think the Overhamsteren question is related to the preference of the "highest TV" operator. If the teams in the example are strictly sorted and extracted by TV and only then divided into groups, the Amazon would be out of the CoS.
Instead, if you first select N teams per race by highest TV, with N=3 in this case, Amazon would be in and the lowest Chaos Dwarf TV would be out, despite having an higher TV than the Amazon.
The answer? I don't know... Razz
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2012 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks again, one last thing in the real draw if say dark elfs are randomly drawn into the chaos dwarf group then all future assigned dark elfs will automatically go into the chaos dwarf group as well or miss out if that one is full?

RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2012 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
Thanks again, one last thing in the real draw if say dark elfs are randomly drawn into the chaos dwarf group then all future assigned dark elfs will automatically go into the chaos dwarf group as well or miss out if that one is full?

Yes, all teams of a race are in the same qualifier.
JigerJones

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2012 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

So do I enter my beat up chaos and risk playing Chuck, or pick another race and hope for the best? Choices choices........ Smile
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2012 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Take your Pact, to win the Chaos Q you will have to beat Chuck....

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2012 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

well, or beat whoever beats chuck.

its gonna be a lottery, having to get through a round of 16 with each game vs claw/pomb/chaos teams (most likely). Even Chuck is gonna struggle if they get 1 or 2 bashies in a row.

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2012 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Take your Pact, to win the Chaos Q you will have to beat Chuck....

No probs - I'm gonna make chuck scream in the Torture Chamber Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2012 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the chaos qualifier will be anyone's to win. Unlike last year, I expect a lot of great clawbomb teams will be participating and it should be tough to pick the winner.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder how high a TV the "strongest" halfing team will bring? My guess is it doesn't need to have a high TV. Though, if there's just one nother halfling team beating you in TV, you won't get in at all. Kind of a gamble. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
The 8 races with the most applicants get allocated a qualifier each.

the remaining represented races are randomly allocate to those same 8 groups.

So each qualifier will have a list of races associated with it, and ALL the applicants from those races will be in that qualifier or not playing.

Each qualifier is then filled to a maximum of 16 teams.

First we take the biggest team from each race, to ensure as many races as possible are represented.

Then all remianing applicants from all the races associated with that qualifier are ranked by TV and the biggest taken into the group.

If we reach 16 teams we stop, and the rest miss out. If we don't reach 16 teams then fillers take the rest of the spots and will automatically forfeit their games.

This means we will have 8 different races represented in the finals.

The only SURE way to get into a qualifier is to apply with THE top TV team of that race. If a popular race gets 2-3 other races dropped into their group, some biggish teams may miss out. While smaller teams (but biggest of their race) make it into that qualifier, let alone in other qualifiers where there may also be spaces un-used.

it is YOUR choice what you enter. ultimately that is all you have to do, pick a team to enter, and apply it to the CoS qualifying group.

The main draw will only have 8 teams from the 8 'most popular' race groups?
 Jump to: