18 coaches online • Server time: 08:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post BB2016 Ranked, Leagu...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
soranos

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The Lions were my first [R]anked team on fumbbl, so they hold a special place in my heart.

Still they are used to golden days of LRB4 were SPP balance was a good thing and you grabbed every Stat+ that you could get, nowadays in the cold-hearted world of TV efficiency they run in more and more problems, mostly for one reason: In place of cheap, basic and efficient elf skills (blodge, SS), they have amounted too many expensive AG+ and guard skills. This bloat matched with the fact that I am not really great at utilizing AG+ players makes it tough for the team to scrap a win against just about anybody . The problem is most obvious with Thileria (no.11) my ag6, guard-lino, who due to the lack of blodge is highly fragile, costs me 180k a game and due to the lack of dodge can’t even make reliable use of his best asset at this point.

Still, I think this group has some potential – as they are probably the most agile team in all of fumbbl and were able to amass 4 guards to compensate for the lack of ST+ - and with a few skill picks they might be able to at least be a threat in a major qualifier or a legend smack.
After I rolled yet another AG+ (on my blodge catcher) and finally turned down another double in favor of wrestle (on the ag5 dodg, -av lino), I decided to get some advice in the forums. How can I get this team going again?

Now my challenge to you is following: give some long-time advice, but restrain from getting into player-sacking-mode, as I don’t like retiring perfectly fine players solely for TV-reasons (exception are raised zombies with undead). The only retirement I would consider is no.10 (even though, I think he can make for some decent line fodder for 2-3 more games). So, I ask you guys:

Who would you identify as the 3-5 key players on the team that deserve the apo?
Who should I look to skill up next and what should they get?
Who at this point is the most detrimental to team success?
Do you see the potential for them to be a real threat in 3-5 games?
Are they already a potent team that should rather consider getting rid of me than the other way around?

Don’t let the lions down!

Here is the team link:
http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=569445

Last edited by soranos on %b %25, %2012 - %13:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

stop elf bowling with them. just sayin.

Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

also, the 2 blitzers are cool. no one else really notable.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

bullocks, that was the wrong team. Very Happy

Her is the correct link:
http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=569445
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

:
0 fail epic

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

fire all the perm injured, and rebuild

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Would certainly seem reasonable to retire the ag5 with -av as he is rather delicate for his cost. But I would agree that firing healthy players is a bit off.
With that high ag you should play high risk. Send the guys through tackle zones etc to take the ball whenever there is any chance.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd try to get a leap, wrestle, strip ball/tackle player preferably with AG+ as you currently lack any reliable ball blitzer. Then your AG6 should get dodge and block/wrestle and fire #10.
Carnis

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Who would you identify as the 3-5 key players on the team that deserve the apo?

11 thileria Lineman 6 3 6 8 Guard, +AG, +AG
13 visalyar Catcher 8 3 5 7 Catch, Dodge, Block, +AG
8 sonir Lineman 6 3 4 8 Block, Guard, Dodge
(2 valithana Lineman 6 3 4 8 Dodge, Guard)

Good solid players with no extra bloat on them. #11 shall be a superb ball retriever one day and potential legend though guard ruins him a bit. #13 is your best potential scorer/oneturner with SS/Leap the other two are great allrounders any elf team would like to have. Don't apo #2 early in a game though, he is not that crucial.

Quote:
Who should I look to skill up next and what should they get?

11 thileria Lineman 6 3 6 8 Guard, +AG, +AG

Dodge first, either block or surehands next.. He would live longer with block but be a better retriever with surehands, probably block is the better choice still.

Other than him, any non-injured players who dont yet have blodge. You want a dedicated blitzer with +mb/block too. Ideally one of your blitzers should die & reroll as a mb po guy Wink.

4 cabofin Lineman 6 3 5 7 +AG, Dodge, Wrestle -av

He could do with strip ball.. Then if he dies just let him go. Ag5 wrodge/strip is quite nice still.
Quote:

Who at this point is the most detrimental to team success?

Seems your problem is TV.. Are you any good with low rerolls? Sack one reroll that's 50k. Fire #10 though it doesnt really help you that much as he has blodge. Anyway as its a R team I would try to survive with 12 players for the time being.

As for players to let go.. The blitzers are both great BUT very expensive. A similar catcher would be 150k those are 170k so that's another '40k bloat'. They get +AV for the 40k but its not a good deal in general, so if one of them should have an accident might not be a bad time to let go & try to reroll a blitzer with mb later.

Seems you play a running offence, do you really need a thrower at all then ? Sack him at some point & replace with a catcher?

Edit: These changes in total would cut tv in the long term by 110k (lineman nig/-Ag) + 40k (blitzer bloat) + 50k (reroll) or 200k which would put the team where it stands equal player/statwise imho.

Quote:
Do you see the potential for them to be a real threat in 3-5 games?

Think they already are a threat.. 8 blodge and stats. They do miss the majorwinning statfreaks with +ag+st/leap though.
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

These guys being uncompetitive (in your mind) has nothing to do with the current rule set. +AG and Guard are still amazing on elves and well worth the cost.
soranos

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

txs for the advice, guys. Especially Carnis as you do not often get a detailed feedback by the #1 rated coach.

I won't replace the blitzers right away, but I propally would not use the apo early on in a game. I am also hoping to give MB to one of them with their next skill-up.
 Jump to: