37 coaches online • Server time: 18:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lwCoyote

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2012 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Heyos!

I just set up a game where I had 40k in inducements; when the box in FFB came up to ask if I wanted to transfer petty cash to increase my inducements, any money I put into the box would LOWER my allowed inducement funds and raise my TV. What gives? How do I do this?
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2012 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

That's the rules. You cannot add money to inducement cash. If you want Babes you will have to spend the full 50k not 10k.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2012 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

he would need to spend 90K wouldnt he if he actually wanted the babes?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2012 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

no, he'd need to spend 50k for one babe, and would give his opponent 10k inducements in return.
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2012 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

lwCoyote wrote:
How do I do this?

Reading the Rulebook?

It's really simple to misunderstand this rule from our approximated explanations: go for the original source
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2012 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

aha! Im thinking of it backwards like if he was giving away 40k inducements...OOPS!
dsavillian

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2012 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:
lwCoyote wrote:
How do I do this?

Reading the Rulebook?

I can probably explain.

Our TT league has an old house rule from before him and I joined that allows teams to transfer small amounts of cash if they are the underdog without raising their team value.

The rule is silly, but it saves confusion for new players. (new players ask, well, I get 40k, can't I spend 10k to get a babe?).

We are trying to shift over to the bank rules for next season... or at the very least, eliminate this house rule.

trying to explain petty cash to a new player that just learned all of the other rules is kind of difficult though... Unfortunately, since our group is only 21 strong, telling someone to just go "read the rulebook" isn't the best idea. Hard to grow that way Wink
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2012 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:
lwCoyote wrote:
How do I do this?

Reading the Rulebook?

It's really simple to misunderstand this rule from our approximated explanations: go for the original source

It's also easy to misunderstand the rule from reading the rule book. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2012 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, I see; I didn't realize that the *standard* rule is that petty cash also raises TV. Gotcha, thank you all. Particularly you Dave =)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2012 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

propuppetmaster wrote:
aha! Im thinking of it backwards like if he was giving away 40k inducements...OOPS!

And it would still be 50k!

My pet hates are this and how the client handles break tackle. A forum search would have given you the answer, as this i the umpteenth time this rather unpleasantly handled rule has reared it's ugly head.
 Jump to: