44 coaches online • Server time: 11:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gatzkul

Post 22 Posted: Apr 28, 2012 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey All,

Im starting a new tourney with friends and its gonna be my first time with a Chaos team (used to play with Dwarf teams).

How should I rank my team to make it not only aggressive (claw + MB + piling on), but also a decent passing team?

Any suggestions? Any useful links?

Thanks

Regards.
member1234

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2012 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't would be my first suggestion, and my second, Chaos are a running side. Really, I think you need an ag4 beast with doubles for pass for it to be an option you'd consider for anything other than a desperation move. Something like ag4/5, sure hands, block, pass, strong arm/accurate/dodge. Stick Extra arms (or ideally, more ag4) on a few of your beasts (and dodge on doubles) and you have a semblance of a passing game.

I still think rather than passing options, likely the best use you'd get out of it through is running a couple of beasts into the backfield that your opponent is forced to mark leaving you free to dominate the middle. (At least when I had an ag4, pass beast on the TT this is what I found)
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2012 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

If this is a tt leagues we need to know how many games you will be playing to offer good advice, we also need to know if you keep your team at the end of the season for season 2 or will you be starting with rookie teams each season.

But regardless you don't want to build a passing player anyway really.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2012 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

KILL ALL MENS

Dude, yr Chaos. Play to their strength. Or pick another race,

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2012 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, strong and good advices.
I will be playing at least 3 tourneys (24 games minumum)...and I rather play aggressive rather than any other strategy then.

If you happen to have / find useful links on suggestions of which skills to choose for Beastmen, Chaows Warriors, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Gatzkul

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2012 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

member1234 wrote:
Don't would be my first suggestion, and my second, Chaos are a running side. Really, I think you need an ag4 beast with doubles for pass for it to be an option you'd consider for anything other than a desperation move. Something like ag4/5, sure hands, block, pass, strong arm/accurate/dodge. Stick Extra arms (or ideally, more ag4) on a few of your beasts (and dodge on doubles) and you have a semblance of a passing game.

I still think rather than passing options, likely the best use you'd get out of it through is running a couple of beasts into the backfield that your opponent is forced to mark leaving you free to dominate the middle. (At least when I had an ag4, pass beast on the TT this is what I found)

Seems you are right. I will stick to a very aggressive strategy rather than passing.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2012 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

For that amount of games I would go

CW - block, guard, mb on all 3
Beastmen - mb claw po block on 2, surehands block dodge on one. And a block tackle frenzy, sweeper. I doubt you will get many more skills than that.

Play to your strengths, high average st and kill stack

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2012 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

MB on all mens. If you are the best player you might aswell have more random fun.

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2012 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to Pass play Pro Elf or High Elf or Skaven or Human.

If you want to win don't pass.
Gatzkul

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2012 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
For that amount of games I would go

CW - block, guard, mb on all 3
Beastmen - mb claw po block on 2, surehands block dodge on one. And a block tackle frenzy, sweeper. I doubt you will get many more skills than that.

Play to your strengths, high average st and kill stack

Sweet, thanks you!

Just one final question; on Beastmen shouldn't be block my first skill, and not my fourth skill after MB, Cl, Po?
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2012 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

for passing game, take strong arm. regular skill that helps with both accuracy and fumbles

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2012 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe use a chaos pact team? The Marauders level up in passing/strength/general/mutations.
You can give one or two Marauders Extra Arma to help catch the ball and possibly Two Heads for mobility.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2012 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm playing a chaos team with a passing game; it works mostly just fine. The big thing is you have to remember when NOT to pass - specifically, if you are playing skaven, or some elf teams, who can grab the ball if you EVER let it hit the ground, you don't pass. But against everyone else, the passing game works for me just fine, because I pass on a 2+ (I've had an agi 4 beastman since almost the beginning of my team admittedly) and I catch on a 2+, and with a team re-roll available, I usually don't actually need to use the re-roll; and if I do roll snake eyes, then (since I don't try it against super fast teams) my opponents can't usually grab the ball anyway.

As for skills: I've been picking up extra arms about every 12-15 or so other skills that my team gets; this makes sure I'm not skimping on the teams strength (bash bash bash some more), while still allowing me to have 1 or 2 receivers available almost all the time. Also, make sure you remember: a 'passer' or a 'catcher' on a chaos team must still be able to bash. Bashing is still your main strength, no matter what odd skill the player might have.
 Jump to: