42 coaches online • Server time: 18:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Forfeits - Now or Never?
Gimme! Do it - for the sake of the kittens! Oh the kittens!
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
Meh... (for the kitten-haters?)
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 22

Majyk

Post 5 Posted: May 13, 2012 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Just another vote for Forfeits to be corrected before anything else, please.

It is such a huge part of a tournament/league/game where proper SPP's/Winnings are awarded and is a big gaping hole when looking at the Standings page with blanks.

Please Bump this if you agree - and Admins/Programmers: thanks for making a great iteration of *ahem* Fantasy Football! Laughing
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 13, 2012 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

err, what is wrong with the current system?

it works well enough.

this is rather low priority imho as a longterm L commish.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2012 - 16:25
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

and wheres the Pie option in the poll?
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: May 13, 2012 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Could you give some more information about what you're talking about?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 13, 2012 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

What he's saying is. If you run a league competition, and a game needs to be forfeited, the game simply doesn't happen.

Yes you can manually put points in to the competition, however you can't award the other team mvps etc. So in reality the winning team loses out.

However, as said at least 4,354,859 times before; this feature would most likely be added during Christer's Amazing Fantastical League Buff, which is planned (no I don't know when) sometime in the future.
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: May 13, 2012 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Kind of awkward to follow up here, but I gather the answer was "no" to the resurrection league thread?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 13, 2012 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Search function is your friend.

http://www.fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=21415&highlight=resurrection
sann0638

Post   Posted: May 13, 2012 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Do we need a CAFLB countdown clock? Probably not.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2012 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, sorry for not explaining properly but it is exactly how harvestmouse pointed it out.

The Winner of a Forfeit is supposed to gain their usual MVP but also that of their opponent's.
Not only that but double winnings as well.

The winner would be allowed to reroll their own winnings roll and the loser's winnings would be a straight roll and added to the winning team's side.

Good to know it is on the docket as this would be the major issue between FUMBBL bring a good game and being a GREAT game.
As said, without this it penalizes the Coach that was totally available throughout the scheduling/playing time limit for a Tourney Round.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2012 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Though there isn't really a good reason (though it is in the rules so will be included) why the winning coach should get the "losers" winnings. Some extra spp is fine to partially make up for not scoring tds. The losers winnings should be lost as the stadium got no income. The winner should get a normal winners income so they don't lose out.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2012 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

In Swiss (League tournament) the winner is automatically awarded 2 points and 2 TD (and the loser gets 2 TD against). This is really annoying when you want none of the teams to win (ie. both coaches AWOL/forfeits). You can change the points afterwards, but not the TDs. And if you have one forfeit during a Swiss tournament, there's nothing to stop the two teams to get scheduled against eachother again. Infact recently I had 2 teams getting scheduled against eachother three times in a row (the first was forfeited). I ended up deleting the whole mess, and setting up an open round robin tournament instead.

I also used to setup and calculate tournaments by script (link in signature) to avoid the restrictions of the League. Hopefully this will all be fixed in the great League renewal Christer is working on.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2012 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

still don't see the real problem.
if you CONCEDE you get 2 MVP and their winnings. However this is a forfeit not a concession. There is no real need to add the MVP or extra money. Just another easy way to gain extra when a MATE decides not to play so you get more. I know that is an extreme case though.

I'm in a league at moment where few games are getting played. It's annoying but i'm happy just to get the game played. Not that bothered tbh about extra stuff.
Very low priority imo compaired to other stuff that needs sorting first. Mainly bugs, skills and some players.