18 coaches online • Server time: 04:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post need some practicegoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Collinisimo

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I couldn't help but notice that there are different Coach Rank skills for each coach on FUMBBL. There is the Coach Rank that appears on each coaches home page. There is also the BWR that shows up on the Blackbox page. Then there is another Coach Rank that shows up on match reports and on the Current Games page.

I play primarily in the box, but I noticed that my BWR has remained static for quite some time. My Coach Rank on my home page changes every game, as it should, but the rank that shows up on match reports and on the Current Games page hasn't changed in a while, and is much lower than my Coach Rank and my BWR.

Question is, which games affect each rank?
Azure

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Go to your profile page can click on the link for Coach Standing. This will bring you to the list. The number listed is a combination of both R and B. You can change the top to filter it in lots of different ways (just R or B and by various races).
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Only the numbers azure mentions are accurate. Every thing else is outdated and should be ignored.
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Proper numbers on the match report and Currently active games page would be cool though.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Proper numbers on the match report and Currently active games page would be cool though.

+1
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

+1. Yes, please fix the updated CR display!
happygrue

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I like that the old numbers are still in use in some places because I still find them more useful than the new CR.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
Go to your profile page can click on the link for Coach Standing. This will bring you to the list. The number listed is a combination of both R and B.

Which is the same number that you can see on the Overview page.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Collinisimo wrote:

Question is, which games affect each rank?

The BWR doesn'T change because it is no longer supportet. The CR on your statistics and games page tries to display accurate CR but is usually a bit behind time.
The CR in match reports is fixed on the day where the last change to the CR formular was made. Also your BWR is from that day.
Panda_

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
Only the numbers azure mentions are accurate. Every thing else is outdated and should be ignored.

To me those numbers are really strange. Especially the classement one. Let me stress the oddity:
Blackbox Skaven : CR 161
Blackbox Overall: CR 165

How can you explain that I'm better overall than skaven when I only played Skaven ?

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

A bug report has already been submitted - http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=1121
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 10:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Panda_ wrote:
Woodstock wrote:

To me those numbers are really strange. Especially the classement one. Let me stress the oddity:
Blackbox Skaven : CR 161
Blackbox Overall: CR 165

How can you explain that I'm better overall than skaven when I only played Skaven ?

I can explain it for you.

Each coach has a number of different coach rankings:

1. Overall coach ranking (shown on the coach page)
2. Divisional coach ranking (R and B)
3. Racial overall ranking (one for each race)
4. Racial divisional ranking (one for each race and division)

This adds up to 1+2+24+24*2, or 75 different rankings.

When you play a match, the site updates 4 of your rankings (one from each of the above groups).

The difference you are seeing comes from the fact that it compares the rankings against the opponent's ranking in the respective group.

So, the discrepancy you see between your overall ranking (group 1) and your Skaven ranking (group 2) comes from a situation like this:

1. Your overall and Skaven overall CR are at 150.
2. You play a game against another opponent, let's say a 150/150 coach and win. Your rankings increase to 151/151. So far so good.
3. You play another game against another equal CR opponent, and lose this one. Your CR drops back to 150/150. Ok, nothing strange here either.

4. An opponent of yours, playing a bit more diverse matches, starts at 150/150.
5. She plays a game with his orcs and wins. This puts his overall CR to 151 and her Orc CR at 151. Just like in your case.
6. Next match, however, she mixes it up and plays with her High Elves against a 151/151 opponent, and loses this match. What happens here is that the system will change her overall CR to 150 (-1) as you would expect, but for the racial CR, her High Elf CR of 150 would be compared to her opponent's racial CR of 150. Since this was a loss (and she was playing down in CR) she will lose slightly more racial CR, putting her at a high elf CR of 149.5 (just using an example here, don't intend to do the full math). This has her with an overall CR of 150, an Orc CR of 151 and a High Elf CR of 149.5.

Now, you start a match with your Skaven against her High Elves. You will be using a CR of 150/150 as that was what you ended up with after your last match, while she will be playing with 150/149.5.

You win the game, and your overall CR will go to 151. Your Skaven CR, however, is compared to her High Elf CR, and you will gain less for the win, ending you up at 150.8.

The bottom line is that the ranking numbers are completely separated from the other groups, and people have a tendency to play better or worse depending on the environment (division) and race (for example, most people will have a better record with orcs than goblins).

To answer your last question in a single sentence, it's because your opponents are playing varying races.
Panda_

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

That was limpid.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Lots of interesting stuff with a girl in it (she plays orcs)

Can we get a short summary of how all those ranks work to put here?

It will be very helpful for those who bother to surf the help section to update this page.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2012 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

is there any easy way to see your Rankings?

When you follow the coach standing link it focuses on your position, but when you change to a particular race/division it stays in the first page and you have to manually browse looking for a blue name.