29 coaches online • Server time: 01:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How do you use your LIsts?
Use both
25%
 25%  [ 14 ]
Whitelist only
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Blacklist only
19%
 19%  [ 11 ]
Don't use
28%
 28%  [ 16 ]
I list my fave pies
17%
 17%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 56

PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't use the Blacklist/Whitelist function, but I am interested to know if other coaches do, and how.

I looked at all my Buddy's lists, mostly blank and unused. I started a whitelist, but stopped ad deleted them all because I thought someone may get offended if left them out.

What I do now is keep an offline Blacklist of coaches I don't want to play, and the reason.

So how do you use your lists (if at all)?

Is it being a 'grass' to have a public Blacklist?
How do you check if you yourself appear on a list?
Do you put comments on?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I know pretty much every coach that uses the site regularly, keeping details about them is something my mind does well. So there is no need for me to keep a blacklist, as I have a mental one of coaches I wouldn't play.

If a coach has done something bad enough, that you wouldn't want to play them, I think you would remember. So I think most coaches that have a blacklist use it for a). To point out that they think you (the blacklist guy) is an ass. b). To put off other coaches from playing you (the blacklist guy). Reason b could be to prevent other coaches from having a similar experiences or being vindictive and trying to prevent said blacklisted coach from getting games.

If the list worked like xbox live's blacklist (where you were less likely to be matched against them) then I would use it a lot (I exhausted my xbox live blacklist in a week). However that isn't a path the site wants to go down, as that is open to abuse (coaches using it so that they aren't matched against better coaches or teams for example).

Whitelist I do use, but only with coaches I'm particularly close with, and have generally played a lot in closed leagues. Like you though, there is a worry of leaving coaches out. I haven't added anyone in a long time, as I'm not really active anymore.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I have one guy on my blacklist and it's not even Liz!

harvestmouse whitelists me for life!!!

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Buddy lists should show who has added you as a buddy
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

stej wrote:

Yeah instead of just saying '8 people have listed you'
Also you should be able to search who has added you to a list. Any reason this function is not available? Or have I missed it?
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

@harvestmouse
Agree that lists should not affect game selection (in Blackbox for example), but how about if a coach who you listed shows up a different colour, like a buddy (in ranked, say) or does this happen already?

Also re: point b)if you can't look at a coache's homepage and see what lists they are on, how would you know?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity 1: Your blacklist guy is permabanned anyway, so you can remove him if you like.

Macavity 2: Maybe.

PaddyMick: You can view another coach's white and blacklists, you just can't view their comments for the blacklist (which are one of the most entertaining parts of the site btw).
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Y u no blacklist me!?

I want into this club!

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, but I sometimes like to remind myself what it took to put someone there....

I miss Voorn....

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

A note about the buddy list: I think alot of people, myself included, use it to know when a certain players in game in order to spec their matches. Doesn't have much to do with being a 'buddy' in probably a third of those that are on mine. Could have potential ramifications if it were made completely visible.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you should watch me play. I'm awesome!

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I kinda wanna know who added me to their buddy list too. Cause i can't think of a reason someone would want too XD
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Aflo wrote:
A note about the buddy list: I think alot of people, myself included, use it to know when a certain players in game in order to spec their matches. Doesn't have much to do with being a 'buddy' in probably a third of those that are on mine. Could have potential ramifications if it were made completely visible.
I do this too.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
stej wrote:

Yeah instead of just saying '8 people have listed you'
Also you should be able to search who has added you to a list. Any reason this function is not available? Or have I missed it?

I was reading through this thread, and recognized your name, so I checked my lists and sure enough I whitelisted you for some reason. I have no recollection why, I guess I probably had a really fun game against you or something.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Drrek, did you not like your game against me???