9 coaches online • Server time: 05:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Laggo

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been trying to play more zons recently and so with linemen beginning to skill up I've been thinking about block vs wrestle.

With block, man marking is arguably more effective as you have the basic 'stay on your feet combo. Yet on any roster with blitzers over 2 it seems like it would be a better idea to have a bit of wrestle for blitzes vs blodge surehands or just clearing pitch space when necessary.

I've been leaning toward to wrodge exclusively on linemen to offset blodge on everybody else, but im wondering when specifically wrestle is considered better?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

This isn't a black and white issue, so there is no answer blodge or wrodge. You need to mix and match.

3 points.

los staff (if they are skilled) and ball stealing staff are better served with wrestle.
Generally Zons are a pretty bashy team, so the majority of staff are better served with block.
I (like zons) like to block a lot, so generally I prefer block.

So, if it was my team I would have between 1 and 5 with wrestle and all the rest with block.

Of course the wrestle staff could be and possibly should be your catchers as well.
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with HM depends on team and need

I use undead a lot and usually have at least one Wrestle/Tackle ghoul for ball stealing. I think block keeps your guy safer and more useful, but wrestle has a place on a team as well
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer Wrodgering, especially when it comes to Zons.

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Wrestle on linewomen who don't have Guard, if they have Guard then Block is better.
If you roll + 1 AG on a linewoman use her as ball carrier, and take Block.
Block on Thrower and Catchers.
Why Wrestle? Because when playing against Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs (i.e.the worst match ups for Amazons) Wrestle is better than Block, you can 1-die-block away the Dwarfs, and if you roll both down you don't get stuck near them, thus avoiding the Dwarfs' returning block in the next turn.
Add Fend to the recipe, of course.
CW

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

So does anyone ever stack Block and Wrestle together?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Wardancers often do.

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

A mixture. You start with 4 blockers so you can afford to take wrestle on you first 2 or 3. If you get doubles and take guard that one should take block.

I've never taken block & wrestle on a player. But if a wrestle player gets guard then block looks good.

I like block on catchers. Blodge/sidestep/diving tackle can be irritating. It also keeps em standing for that last turn desperation pass.

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Zons + wrodge + mud = Win
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

As a rule of thumb -

On pure bash teams don't bother with wrestle.

On Elves, Slann and Skaven I like wrestle on all linemen other than the ones that get a double (Guard) in which case I got block. And on all positionals I go blodge except for one ball sacker who gets wrestle + strip.

Then there is some of the middling teams, humans, undead zons etc that need a bit of both.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess block is better in low TV where it will give more knock downs and wrestle gets better as everyone gets block. Maybe just take block on pretty much everyone and when you get to a high enough TV let late skill ups and player turnover change blodgers into wrodgers.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
I guess block is better in low TV where it will give more knock downs and wrestle gets better as everyone gets block. Maybe just take block on pretty much everyone and when you get to a high enough TV let late skill ups and player turnover change blodgers into wrodgers.

Or just give the last 3 linos to get 6 spps wrestle, and the ones before that block.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:

obviously team dependant but I think the opposite. Wrestle is a far riskier skill to have at high TV vs bashers because (and a lot of people don't seem t realise this) Juggernaut cancels Wrestle. I don't mean it turns it in to push backs, I mean if there is a CPOMB tackle block Juggernaut player and he doesn't use Juggernaut to change both down to push then the both down will knock a wrestle player over and you can then Pile On. Obviously this is only one action a turn but with some intelligent use you can get rid of pesky wrodgers pretty quickly this way.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
I prefer Wrodgering, especially when it comes to Zons.
Giggidy
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2012 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

'pure bash teams don't get wrestle' is nonsense. A pure bash team will take DP, and having DP en masse means take wrestle!

That being said, amazons probably won't have much DP.
 Jump to: