32 coaches online • Server time: 10:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
joebear

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2012 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm coming back to Blood Bowl after a brief hiatus. I just moved to Boston recently, and I'd love to start a real life Blood Bowl league, possibly at Pandemonium Games in Cambridge. Anybody on Fumbbl in my area and interested in playing on the table-top?
Hackenslash

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2012 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

There's a league just starting at Battleground Games in Abington. Kind of outside the city, but there's a bunch of us!
liquidorange

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2012 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I live in JP. Small world, at least in terms of Blood Bowl.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2012 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Abington you say... I was just thinking about tabletop the other day but I assumed that I'd have to get into Boston to make it happen. Just checked the website but I don't see any events. Do you guys have a regular meeting time?

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2012 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

What days are you guys playing? Is Battleground Games T-Accessible?
Hackenslash

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2012 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Check their forums. The Blood Bowl stuff is community run. We're just starting right now, so I don't know what the guy running it is planning as far as an established league night is concerned. I'll talk to him about it.

It is TECHNICALLY T accessible. The commuter rail runs really close to it, but I imagine it would be quite a haul. Plus, I have no idea when it stops running.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2012 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

looks like it might be doable, though I'm new enough to the area that my opinion means little: http://goo.gl/maps/e6njI

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2012 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

If timed appropriately, and provided none of you are serial killers, once a league night is established I could pick up folks from the station and save the walk.
joebear

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2012 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok. I would definitely like join if it's on Sundays. I wouldn't be able to make this Sunday though... Could be problematic...
Hackenslash

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2012 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So, here's the thread with specifics: http://www.battlegroundgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=4992.msg45529#msg45529

I spoke with the commissioner and Sunday is the weekly reset, so he expects people to be around then. Some of us have some issues with weekend scheduling, so I'm going to try to get folks to set aside Tuesday night for league matches, too. So, two BB days!
joebear

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2012 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll register on their site and discuss this on there.
nick_nameless

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2013 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

My group runs a Blood Bowl League and has an open challenge league for pick up games and team development. The URL for the club's website is in my sigline. Anyone in the Boston area, please head on over and introduce yourself. We are based in Watertown, MA.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2013 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I live in JP as well. Any interest in starting a LOCAL Boston league?

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2013 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Im thinking of trying to start a BB game at Pandemonium Games in Cambridge, or JP comics games on Center street.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a group in Watertown that you can come and join instead of trying to build one from scratch. Of course if you have a few players then bring them along. We are always looking to add coaches.

Check out the link in my signature for our forum.