54 coaches online • Server time: 16:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy all,
A quick update on Gnomes. I was adamant that I would implement all the changes for the revamp and then wait for a few months to see how things worked before making any more changes. But, ss I have said before, removing dodge on Gnomes was the hardest decision, and to be frank, I got it wrong. Having seen their rapid decline and playing against them, they have become too unplayable and more importantly, not much fun. Then, seeing only 1 brave coach out of 110 sign up with Gnomes for the Exploding Cup really made it sink in. (Plus Shadow giving it to me good. Wink )

What does that mean? I will be adding Dodge back onto the Gnome linemen later today, so they will have it in time for the tournament. The cost will remain the same for now too. The current lineman is just too terrible and the team suffers greatly because of it. So if you were on the fence about bringing some Bommaz to the tourney, I hope that helps a little.

My apologies for getting this one so wrong,
WB

Last edited by WhatBall on %b %08, %2013 - %22:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Good call WB. Dodgeless gnomes spent so much of their time eating turf it didn't really matter how good their armor was.

And team speed...wow, talk about slow. In a recent match a Daredevil got splattered and a lino caught the bounce just past midfield. Watching him try to 'run' for the endzone over the course of three turns was just brutal.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh dear.........never admit you are wrong.........use phrases like 'due to changes in the gaming environment' 'As coaches are now building teams for tournaments, changes I made seem less suitable......' 'Due to notes left from the previous stunty admin, which in homage I followed...' etc etc

So Gnomes did need a nerf, was anything else nerfed bar the linos?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Oh dear.........never admit you are wrong

That would just be too difficult for me and my bumbling ways. Laughing

There were some other changes, yes. Mostly the cannons lost their blitzer ability. The no-dodge was the main issue though, so it will make them much more usable so they can be assessed properly.
Crook666

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

"A great man is the one that has the humility, honesty and intellect to admit a mistake" - Davy Socket, legendary Squig Slayer of the retired Shamrock Armada
Beerox

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Dang, I really enjoyed getting back at Gnomes for a while!
stick them with AG2 instead Twisted Evil
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Curious: Will the bomber be getting dodge as well? I don't think it's nearly as important as the linemen, but it does make their bommaz rather fragile when compared to many (all?) the other bombers (skryre are not stunty, gobbos have dodge, horrors have S3, just off the top of my head.)
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Not right now. The fact that they can have four is part of the consideration. This is the only change for now, to correct a situation that made them horrible to play and was adversely affecting collecting data on the rest of their changes.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough!
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

So.... is everything else about them going to stay the same? Ag3? Av8? S access...? Holy schamoly!

If so, then I will offer a $100 donation to FUMBBL every time someone wins against my Gnome team! I remain exceeding confident that I will not exceed my planned donation of $50 per year.
Jabberwocky

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
So.... is everything else about them going to stay the same? Ag3? Av8? S access...? Holy schamoly! [...]

I share that feeling. AG2 might be worth thinking about.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
So.... is everything else about them going to stay the same? Ag3? Av8? S access...? Holy schamoly!

If so, then I will offer a $100 donation to FUMBBL every time someone wins against my Gnome team! I remain exceeding confident that I will not exceed my planned donation of $50 per year.

you keep thinking that...

it amazes me how many stunty coaches are incredibly shortsighted...

--j

ImageImage
member1234

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I've said that before. Ag2, or even ag1, on the line Gnomes along with dodge fits well. Then it becomes, pretty much, a defensive skill to help them stand and bash which suits the team theme more imo.

Then they really do become like stunty Dwarves: slow, high av, hard hitting linos. Rely on positionals for all else and need careful positioning since the slow linos can't dodge away. (hence why I'm think ag1 over ag2, with dodge ag2 is still 75%). Might be too much of a nerf (and they don't need one really!), but the team is highly costed anyways, so lower ag can reduce that to compensate. And without dodge the Gnomes rarely dodged now anyway (though to be fair a lot of that was because they spent 90% of the time on their arse!)

Still, having dodge back on them should make them playable again, had to be done imo. Now the worry is how insane they can get when developed, will see. Wink
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

ag2 supported!!!
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:

You forgot 4 MV and 2 ST. S access doesn't mean much to players that very rarely skill up. You're only looking at the good points and ignoring the bad.
 Jump to: