23 coaches online • Server time: 05:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Throweck

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Being pretty new to FUMBBL (used to play board version years ago), it has taken some remembering!

I recently played a game which was the funniest, yet most embarrassing game with akaRenton. I sported my emerging AC Vermin (with ST3 gutter runner, Rat ogre, etc,) against his halfling team.

This will be a breeze I thought. How wrong I was.

I scored first half. All going well. Even caused a couple of casualties.

Second half...ST3 gutter tripped and killed himself. Blitzer...throw a rock...dead.

In fact by the end of the second half the halflings had cleared the pitch of all Skaven. This, I believe, was not due to bad choices as I think I played reasonably well.

akaRenton and I laughed all the way through pretty much as his luck was out to.

Just wondered if anyone else had any embarrassing moments?

Feel free to add anything akaRenton.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, yeah that was a funny one. I was genuinely gutted that I forgot to print the screen capture of the smiley face the flings made on the empty pitch. You had some horrible luck, and I was rolling crazy good injury rolls against you. We were pretty evenly matched play wise, but nuffle decided to offer me something other than brown rain this match Smile

Genuine pleasure to play you, regardless of the result, and silly fun games and banter is the only reason I bother to play at all - it's why I almost only play 'flings nowadays. They have a pretty solid win rate too, but a truly horrible casualty ratio, even by 'fling standards!

edit:

smiley face!

Last edited by akaRenton on %b %03, %2013 - %02:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
strikereternal

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

If Stunty Leeg counts, this is probably the most embarrassing game I've ever had (in any format). 0-3 loss... to Eshin.

What can I say. It was 7AM on a Saturday. I fielded my bomber on offense, and then I decided to lob a bomb at the end of my turn 1, from the square adjacent to the ball carrier. He of course fumbled, and knocked seemingly half my team down/out, and then after the Eshin scored all my secret weapons got banned, starting the rout.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

this one: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3014233 replay doesnt work but i think i started with a quad skull apo fail kill. 4 dead chaos dorfs in the end, and a niggled hobgob Smile
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 03:44
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

had one of my worst just a few days ago. nothing worked and i got defeatsed baddd.
Collinisimo

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Losing with my min/maxed Dwarves against Halflings. Not my finest hour.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3330979
Qaz

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Collinisimo wrote:
Losing with my min/maxed Dwarves against Halflings. Not my finest hour.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3330979

My Not minimaxed dorfs got chalanged by flings and I did not refuse. In Hindsight I should have.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

That's an easy one: I lost 3-1 to my own AI program GrodBot. I was even taking it seriously.

Oscar Wilde
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 05:46 Reply with quote Back to top

any loss to Russo

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
That's an easy one: I lost 3-1 to my own AI program GrodBot. I was even taking it seriously.

I'd consider that a programming win. Very Happy
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably this one.

I had a good Lizardmen team, no MNG or anything, including some tackle/mb/po, , and Duke T still put 6 past me.

There's "Wood Elves are better than Lizardmen", and then theres embarrassing Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

You show me someone who hasn't conceded 5+ over a few games, and I'll show you someone who hasn't tried hard enough to win from a near impossible situation. It'll 99% of the time get worse, not better, but the right thing is to try.

I also once lost to Russo. I had a week off work on the 'sick' and rocked silently back and forth.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe I once lost a game with a cleared pitch, 1-0, because I couldn't pick up the ball after about 5 turns of trying. I may have had it in hand once or twice and tried to pass as well, since with no opponents, I figured I could score twice to win. Rolling Eyes

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of which, just watched this replay for the first time since the match, he must have been gutted....

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1760073
strikereternal

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

This one wasn't a defeat but it might fall under most embarrassing draw for me. Watch turn 16.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3400842
 Jump to: