24 coaches online • Server time: 05:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NoFearNoMercy

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2013 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Basically yesterday within the span of 4 hours my games were subsequently failing and dropping out. Some opponents gave up, some continued to try.

As a result many droppings and client issues occurred, much lag happened, everyone got peeved, admins became overwhelmed (congratulations on the solving guys, we appreciate it).

Now here is my problem. I'm not rendered useless in terms of being able to contact, or even open the game client for the 2 games that suffered bugs within that 4 hour period.

My java client closes instantly, and messages just sheerly don't send even though they say they have sent.

I also have a dark elf team of which I am unable to use. Compiling a total of 3 teams that are "frozen".

I have contacted admins in multiple support tickets, with attempted help, none of which were useful.

My computer is of over 14,000 AUD worth with the most up to date drivers, graphics cards, processors etc (nothing is ever less than 6 months old before re-sold and replaced)

I also run a split system so I am able to play those games/clients that require a lower rather than higher graphics option.

In addition. I'm unable to connect to the java applet client, this leaves me unable to seek assistance anywhere else other than the forums.

"No ident response"
"Disconnected from fumbbl.com"

With repeated message when attempting to reconnect.

Any shared experiences/possible solutions is helpful.

***Note*** I am able to play/register new teams functionally and fine with no signs of inability to play.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2013 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you using Windows or OSX?

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2013 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Windows. Windows ultimate in fact, and it's split with Windows XP. So absolutely no problem there. :/
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2013 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

1) You can get help from the chat. The Java Chat Applet is just a layer on top of IRC. There's a ton of good (free) IRC clients, google for one. http://fumbbl.com/help:InstallChat for more information.

2) It sounds like your java is broken, not FUMBBL. Pop into chat and see if there's any windows users that can help you? I'm on OSX, so wouldn't know where to start myself Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2013 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

NoFearNoMercy wrote:
My computer is of over 14,000 AUD worth

Is it made of gold with diamonds?
NoFearNoMercy

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2013 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

@hiton, it's not the client, it works perfectly fine with every other java application. Just not for Fumbbl specific 3 teams.

@Rij, it may aswell be. Thankfully work funds for it all, hence 6 month age limit.

Every chat client I download wont connect to Fumbbl.com. :/
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2013 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it a firewall issue? Your firewall settings could have updated and blocked FUMBBL?

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2013 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're going to comment please read the previous comments.
It's not an issue with my soft, firm or hardware. If I can play other teams/games using the exact same client on the exact same site shows that there infact is a bug involved with the 3 specific teams I am unable to play. I can play other games on this site perfectly fine. I've played 2 since with a newly created team, yet I cannot message members of the current games to finish them (bug #1) nor can I click play and keep the java client open for the awaiting games involving 2 of the teams (bug#2), the third team is a darkelf team of which can't enter a game (bug#3)

Please read this ^^^ before commenting. It's a clear bug with the 3 teams to recap and there is no similar bug with freshly made team rosters (verified by played games on the new teams)
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2013 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

What anti virus you using?

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2013 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

.. Dan, did you not just read what I said... If I can play games with teams other than the 3 that I had active when the servers went down, then why the hell would my anti-virus target them 3 specific apps, when my anti-virus is turned off specifically for the Java app and certain other apps -.-

People -_-"..... I swear
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2013 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

If people are going to offer you advice, and you get snappy, what will happen? Answer your forum topic is going to unravel pretty quickly.

I'm not sure what the 3rd team is, but try the 2 teams that are scheduled now. I've clicked a few buttons that may or may not help. If that doesn't work, let me know.
NoFearNoMercy

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2013 - 06:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not getting snappy so much as frustration that people don't read content, I know it's meant in good faith but it's just the same question over and over >.<

Nope, still no function :/ And it's my darkelf team with 0.0.0 stats, I can't even retire it sadly enough.

Thanks for attempting to help Mousey
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2013 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Check your Dark Elves now.
NoFearNoMercy

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2013 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Still no elligibility to play :/
I kind've took a small break just to see if it was a time factor, but still "broken"

If possible HarvestMouse, are you able to force-retire my dark elf team which is completely new since I'm unable to? That would atleast solve that issue Smile

However the other 2 game/messaging bugs I have no clue.
NoFearNoMercy

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2013 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Update, the force concessions against me free'd up the teams, thankyou!! (exception to dark elves)
 Jump to: