21 coaches online • Server time: 08:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2013 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

47 Games down and 4 skillrolls

This means the team is close to being at max potential (at 11 players). (Team) Corolianus still lacks kick of course, and need a bit more then 11 players at end state.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=731401

2 Volumnia-Witch Elf Mighty Blow, Block --- Normal roll

10 Young Martius-Lineman Dodge, +AG, Wrestle, Tackle --- Double

15 Tullus Aufidius-Lineman Dodge, Wrestle --- 10, Normal

16 Sicinius Velutus-Lineman Dodge, Wrestle, Guard --- Double

The linos were supposed to go Leap for Young Martius and sidestep on the others; before I rolled all stats and doubles.

Any opinions? Yes, I did this as a blog post first, but it appears they got different readership!
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2013 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice team: Bit too much Wrestle for my taste but if you take it that often, you will end up having Guard/MB on Wrestle players. You already have an AG 5 Leaper so no need to skip the double. So I would go with Cpt. Obvious for each and every one:

MB Witch needs Tackle.
Lino on Double needs Guard.
Wrodge Lino needs SS.
Guard Lino on double needs MB.

No experiments.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2013 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

#2 WE - You missed the Wrestle/Strip combo, which is the perfect complement to the other WE (but that happens with early MB) - so a 2nd Tackler seems like a good plan to complement the MB on this one.

Lino #10 +Ag Wrodge Tackler w/ Double - Guard. 3 is good but not enough, and when he takes Leap, he's your 2d assist or auxiliary ball hawk. (If you hate Guard, then Grab, which would add a new twist to Leap blitzing, and hilarious for surprise surfing annoying caged sidesteppers.)

On #15, the Wrodger... if he's on your LoS, would Jump Up be something that could interest you? If not on the LoS, it may be time to get a wrodging Kicker as sweeper help (which is one of the goals for a kicker anyway!).

16 Lino, Wrodger Guard w/ Doubles - Stand Firm is an awesome addition to Guard, and adds him to the possible sidelines dancing team.

(You don't get as much mileage out of Wrestle+MB - some, but not as much. And Guards don't tend to block as much anyway, more let someone else block them free and then go mark the next player(s). SF helps this role.)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2013 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Lucky Zombie69 isn't around still, he'd have a field day with that team.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2013 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

Playing with it, playing against it, or just commenting?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2013 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

Playing with it, playing against it, or just commenting?

Oh he wouldn't have played against it, in fact because you own it, he'd never play against you ever, and you'd be added to his blacklist as well.
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2013 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you should consider sure hands to counter the strip ball option (a tactic you use yourself I am sure). The ag5 lino would be best for this as I don't think taking the double is worth the cost on this team when you have 3 guards already.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2013 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I will recruit one more blitzer or a runner, that will get SH later. I use the Ag5 as a passer for now, but as I see it you want 7 movement on somebody with SH.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2013 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree with Smeat on the doubles. Captain obvious is not right at all.

As elves, you likely play elves a lot. That means facing a lot of sidestep.

10 Young Martius
+AG wrastle = used to move key players. You have no grab on the team. Grab is anti-sidestep. With AG5 and grab (and especially with leap as the next skill) then it removes the side step by the side option for opponents, effectively narrowing the pitch. Also, if you're trying to blitz a path through, the grab vs side step with wrastle makes basically skulls your only negative result.

16 Sicinius Velutus-Lineman
You have a MB witch and a MB blitzer. These are your key attack players. Another MB is diminishing returns, with usually LOS hits being the only time it'll likely get used.

Consider the role of this player - guard. Usually you've placed him somewhere he wants to be. Perhaps stand firm is going to be really useful here - because he can't be pushed away. Guard + wrestle isn't the greatest combination though, but you have to work with what you've got. Thick skull may also be useful - you want this player to remain on the pitch, really. Also think about juggernaut - but again, more useful if your guy has block.

Also a 2nd grab in the team wouldn't be too bad - especially on a guard. In a fight for the ball, when position is everything, if you've got 2 grab players in the thick of it, you have the upper hand.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2013 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
I will recruit one more blitzer or a runner, that will get SH later. I use the Ag5 as a passer for now, but as I see it you want 7 movement on somebody with SH.

Then pass is the logical choice.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2013 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd give Martius Guard, then leap if he makes it to 76, gives you a 2db for your leaping stripballer.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2013 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Tremendous wrote:

I'd give Martius Guard, then leap if he makes it to 76, gives you a 2db for your leaping stripballer.

I would have done if I did the double last time, then I gave him tackle on a normal, so this is the 76 roll.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2013 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
Tremendous wrote:

I would have done if I did the double last time, then I gave him tackle on a normal, so this is the 76 roll.

Which is a great point; 176 is so far away. Hence, I'd strongly recommend grab.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2013 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

why can't we vote?

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2013 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

To many options with four players that skill up, also the reason why is often more interesting then the choice itself.
 Jump to: