24 coaches online • Server time: 02:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2013 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup. I got pilloried for raising it in irc, but it is suffering from some major issues. I've cleared my cache, restarted my browser, restarted my laptop, but it's the same.

Here is the immediate results I got listing 2 different teams.

1st: 1940TV
2nd: 1630TV

That... is... not right.

The filters appear totally broken. Every time I refresh, they are reset to 0% bounds insead of unbound (which is obviously also broken) and do not seem to get applied.

In fact, from what I can see, it appears to me that the filters may well be at fault for the bad listings. It was initially showing as -30% to 0% for the 1940TV team (according to the slider, that would have, before the update, been -30% to unbound) which would seem to match the displayed results.

Changing the filters or disabling them has no effect and they get reset to 0/0 every time now. They seem to be locked to their incorrect initial state.

Last edited by Chainsaw on %b %28, %2013 - %14:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Prez

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2013 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm getting similar results. Its either get 300k inducments or give it away. Infact 300k is a conservative estimate, some of the match ups are 500k Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2013 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

same here... 1740 TV for the team - 5 matchups (71 coaches - 195 Teams) 4 times 2.2k, once 1260... broken...

so it seems the boundarys are now exclusive... 1740+30% = 2.2k+
happygrue

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2013 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer did say he was hoping to work on GF this weekend. Reporting seems good, but I would expect stuff to be in flux until he says something otherwise. Seems likely that things will be wonky if he's working on it, no?

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2013 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:
Christer did say he was hoping to work on GF this weekend. Reporting seems good, but I would expect stuff to be in flux until he says something otherwise. Seems likely that things will be wonky if he's working on it, no?

reporting back is for the sake of it, isnt it?!
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2013 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Yup. I got pilloried for raising it in irc

You got 'pilloried' for using the case of a 1880TV chaos team with multiple cpomb where possible opponents disappeared of the gamefinder as supportive argument.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2013 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

haha
Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2013 - 17:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Spent some more hours on it and fixed a couple of problems (and made sure some earlier fixes were pushed out to the live site). Let me know if you run into problems.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
You got 'pilloried' for using the case of a 1880TV chaos team with multiple cpomb where possible opponents disappeared of the gamefinder as supportive argument.

Except... I never used the case of an 1880TV chaos team. Nicely made up though.

It was 1940TV orcs.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Spent some more hours on it and fixed a couple of problems (and made sure some earlier fixes were pushed out to the live site). Let me know if you run into problems.

Thank you Christer, looks much better, awesome work as always.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Woodstock wrote:

Except... I never used the case of an 1880TV chaos team. Nicely made up though.

It was 1940TV orcs.

[02:58:54] <maysrill> I know a lot of teams are "mysteriously" missing from my TV1880 chaos
[03:05:18] <@Woodstock|AFK> Seems to be an issue on your end tho. No sign of any one else with the same symptoms.
[03:05:33] <Chainsaw> see maysrill's comment
[03:05:40] <Chainsaw> so you're wrong immediately Wink

Nice try tho.
DustBunny

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hijacking this thread.

Can we implement a special rule called "pillory" please?

Make it so that before carrying out a block a coach may decide to pillorise the target player, meaning that all support players with pile on, must pile on until a casualty is achieved.

Thank me later BBRC; whiskey is my drink of choice.

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
Nice try tho.

I stand corrected. Sorry.

In my defense, it was late on a Saturday night and I was knackered, so didn't remember it so well (nor keep logs).

Post 9 Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't suppose the highlight color of someone offering you a game changed did it? I couldn't see that one.
Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 14:34
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Very little changed on the front-end with this update. Only significant thing was that the browser will sort possible matches now instead of relying on the server to provide matches in a reasonable order.

Mostly, the change involved a complete reworking of the back-end match-finder system to reduce resource use.
 Jump to: