34 coaches online • Server time: 18:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you play in this style of meta-group?
Yes
67%
 67%  [ 19 ]
Maybe, needs tweaks. Explain below.
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 28

baelnic

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2013 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

S.P.L.A.T.
is an acronymn for the Stunty Professional Leeg and Tour. S.P.L.A.T. is a brand new meta-group designed to encourage diversity in the broader world of Stunty. All coachs with two qualifying* Stunty teams are welcome to join at any point during the season. S.P.L.A.T. allows you to play any Stunty opponent, at any time, and at any team value. Worried that you'll have a bad game? No need, if you have a bad game or two it S.P.L.A.T. only counts your best five games for each team. If you think you've got what it takes to muscle your way to the top of the Stunty Leeg, join the inaugural S.P.L.A.T. season now! S.P.L.A.T. Season One is scheduled to begin July 12th at 12:01 AM MST (8:01 Blood Bowl Time)

[b]Structure:

Each coach that enters S.P.L.A.T. will play 2 different stunty races a minimum of 5 games each over a two month period. If a coach plays over 5 games with either team, only their best 5 games with each race(by point totals) will be calculated for their final score.

Games:
Games played against any Stunty Leeg team, during the current Season, will count even if the opposition isn't in S.P.L.A.T.

Scoring:
10 points for a win
5 points for a tie
2 points for a loss
4 points for each TD scored
5 points for each recorded player in the RIP box (both teams earn the points)
1 point for each Casualty dealt

Scoring Modifier: +25% to your game total for your Uncommon team. If you choose 2 Uncommon teams you must pick only 1 team to represent your Uncommon team when you join a S.P.L.A.T. season.

*Qualifying Teams
In S.P.L.A.T. there are two groups of teams you can choose from. There is the Common Team group and the Uncommon team group. You may choose one team from each group or two teams from the Uncommon group. You may not choose two Common teams. There are no Team Value or Tournament Weight restrictions for S.P.L.A.T.

Common Teams
  • Chaos Flings - 17 teams
  • Forest Goblins - 10 teams
  • Squig Herders - 8 teams
  • Horrors - 7 teams
  • Goblin Cheaters - 6 teams (roll 3)
  • Skyre Slaves - 6 teams (roll 5)
  • Nurglings - 6 teams (roll 2)
  • Pro-Flings**

Uncommon Teams
  • Gnoblars - 6 teams (roll 1)
  • Grandfathered Halflings
  • Gnomes - 4 teams
  • Strigoyan - 3 teams
  • Snotling - 3 teams
  • Pygmy - 1
  • Grandfathered Goblins - 1
  • Albion Fae - 1
  • Eshin Adepts - 1
  • Skinks - Zero Teams

For the first season the common group will be comprised of the 7 most common FCC teams (Uncommon the bottom 10). In subsequent seasons the list will be based on the team totals from the previous season. Because of this, the Common Group and Uncommon Group will change after each season with some teams becoming less or more popular in each season. In the case of ties, each race will have a D6 added to their total before each season.

**When Pro-Halflings are implemented S.P.L.A.T. will move to 8 Common Teams and 10 Uncommon Teams with the two grandfathered teams as always counting as Uncommon.

Awards:

Did you know?
For the inaugural Season, halfling Judge "Mountain" Blandis (S.P.L.A.T's commissioner and promoter) has chosen the Moot to showcase his new Leeg. "My vision is to open our Leeg in the Stunty stronghold of the Moot and then to tour our Leeg, bringing the bloody game to those who may have not embraced it yet," said Judge Blandis. Bookmakers already have odds on the location of S.P.L.A.T. season two with the Clan Eshin warren and Lustria as the odds on favorite.

Please contact baelnic with any questions

Last edited by baelnic on %b %04, %2013 - %07:%Jul; edited 3 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2013 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

very fun

now make a gobbo team and join the world championship

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2013 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

This looks cool. As long as it stays as a meta group I think it is a great idea. Are you required to start with a new team each time or can you use an existing one?

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2013 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah this is a meta-group, it will be called LEEG or something, but you'll be able to play anyone. The idea was to let you play with any teams you'd like, so long as you played one common and one lesser played race.
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2013 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea, count me in!
baelnic

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2013 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking for someone to do some artwork for the LEEG (Trophies, Nameplate, etc). I'm willing to donate in your name to Fummbl or can work out some other form of payment.

Also I've been tossing around this acronym for the LEEG

The R.A.IN.S B.L.O.O.D LEEG

Racial Adequation in Stunty: Blood Letting Often Occuring Daily

EDIT: S.P.L.A.T. is now the official name but my artist fell through (stupid schoolwork) so I'm looking for some help on some Trophies

Last edited by baelnic on %b %29, %2013 - %18:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2013 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

In an effort to raise stunty awareness, I put forth the justyse leeg

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2013 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

What about S.P.L.A.T

Stunty professional leeg and tour
baelnic

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2013 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I've contracted art and the ball is rolling, expect a second draft of rules shortly!

This is your last chance to suggest a name for the Leeg. At the moment we're leaning towards S.P.L.A.T
baelnic

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2013 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Beta Rules are up for S.P.L.A.T (listed as the top post)

We've already got quite an interest and quite a few coaches ready to go. Any last second ideas before we get going?

S.P.L.A.T. will be kicking off shortly (just after the round robin for the FCC ends) so let's get the word out!
baelnic

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2013 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is my first attempt at a badge for our award winners. The badge will list your award, the season, and the number in the circle at the top will be the number of points you accumulated in your Championship season. For our TD and Cas winners the number will represent the number of TD's or Casualties they earned that season. Pardon my crappy GIMP skills.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2013 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm in... and I'm going obscure. I just submitted my semi-veteran pygmies and, horror of horrors, rookie skinks. (I'll be using the pygmies as my uncommon team.)

Question about casualties: do casualties and RIPs dealt by chainsaws, knives, bombs, etc. count for points? I know they don't give SPPs, but this is Stunty, right? (Similarly, what about casualties dealt by fouls, crowdpushes, Throw a Rock, failed dodges/TTMs...)

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
baelnic

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2013 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Any casualties or RIP's that show up in the match report will count towards your (and your opponents score in the case of RIP's).

A quick update, S.P.L.A.T. kicks off July 12th at 12:01 AM MST.

I have the awards completed but I'd like some fluffy names for them if possible.

I'm thinking the Cas winner will be the Big Bully. I'm thinking the Uncommon Group winner will be called the Rarest of the Rare. Any other ideas?
baelnic

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2013 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, I will announce composition as we draw closer just in case someone wants to play some teams that aren't represented.
baelnic

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2013 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

With just 5 days left until S.P.L.A.T. kicks off we've got

2 Albion Fae
2 Chaos Flings
1 Eshin Adept
1 Forest GOblin
2 Gnoblar
3 Gnomes
1 Goblin
1 Goblin Cheaters
1 Nurgling
3 Pygmy
3 Skink
4 Squig Herders
1 Strigoyan

And 4 coaches and a couple teams undecided at this point. Pretty awesome that we're just short a Halfling, Skyre, and Horrors team for a full representation.

So far so good! Help me wrangle in a few more coaches, we're well on our way to a great season 1!

P.S. Don't forget, you can join at any point in the season so long as you complete your 2x5 game cycle.
 Jump to: