47 coaches online • Server time: 00:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Angelfred

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2014 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello coaches !

I've recently had a bad game experience facing hard hitting blockers.
Here is the deal :
(an link to a one sided game edited out by Goo)

I was quite happy with my Orcs Team, not that bad at hitting opponents and resist well.
However, my opponent with a good combo of hard hitting players got 11 out of 12 green guys out of the pitch.

I know luck has its way, still I would like a positive feedback and lesson out of this.

How do you deal with hard hitting blockers, specifically players with : Mighty Blow + Claw (of course with Block...)
Adding Pilling On, ST4 and Guard to the equation, it does seem very hard to counter such players and prevent them from getting players out of the pitch.

Any tips to help ?

Angel
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2014 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

You deal with them by playing as wood elves or as Khemri. =)
Orcs suck against everything claw, as blanket AV9 is their one big strength. Having fend helps against PO, and with tons of guard you can stem the tide for a bit, but basically clawpomb heavy opponents are the scissor to orc's paper.

Some advice: if you managed to get (coach name deleted) to accept your game offer, or you accepted his, you can assume you're being had.
RC

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2014 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The game you are linking is a miss-match. You got picked Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2014 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Angelfred wrote:
and resist well.

They normally resist well because of AV9, which claw negates. So suddenly you're getting all the disadvantages of being an AV7 player and getting pombed on, without the speed, agility, or defense (blodge) AV7 players tend to bring.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2014 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup you got picked. Scummy min max team praying on a relatively new coach. Why is this allowed again? In future don't play teams with few rrs only 11 players. Missing positionals and loads of great skills on only a handful of players. Fortunately these type of coaches are quite rare but they do exist. Luckily the rest of the community is great.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2014 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Angelfred wrote:
and resist well.

They normally resist well because of AV9, which claw negates. So suddenly you're getting all the disadvantages of being an AV7 player and getting pombed on, without the speed, agility, or defense (blodge) AV7 players tend to bring.

Yeah, orcs are normally good against Chaos Dwarfs, because they have a lot more strength yet are not often far behind in the amount of block or guard they have. However, your opponent got very lucky on his skill up rolls. Chaos dwarfs become absolute monsters if their get a doubles on multiple blockers.

My best suggestion in fighting these kinds of teams is if you get a pushed result, do not follow. You want to increase the amount of time he has to move his claomp players back into position.

Also, I see a liney with +AR. Fire him. In most cases (although not all) you want to get movement over armor if you get that stat roll (and in a lot of cases, you should consider taking the double roll, and in a few others you should consider a normal skill if it is 6/4). The extra only provides utility on injury rolls, and 9 armor is normally enough. Your linemen are cheap as well, so it isn't worth the 40 extra TV. He would be worth it if you gave him +MV, since that basically gives you a fifth blitzer, or a faster, more durable player to run the ball instead of a thrower.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2014 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

You could fight with lots of guard, and high str on your own, plus solid positioning. If you could deny the 2d block with guard, then go for it. If you cant, then don't force contact, let him come to you first.

Of course it is a bad matchup, and orcs are not favoured in that one.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2014 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well since they are only 11, I guess you could try and mb po a gobbo a turn. Don't ever leave a player in contact with a claw dude and once you knock a dorf down put a useless lino on him to mark him.

But apart from that you probably need regenerate team with lots of DP and lucky fouls to beat those nasty CD. They are pretty broken.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2014 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

good gods, why would anyone ever agree to play that minmaxed abortion of a cd team?

how do they get games?

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2014 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and this

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. Loves the team bio.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2014 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
good gods, why would anyone ever agree to play that minmaxed abortion of a cd team?

how do they get games?

They pray on new coaches. Again... Why is this allowed?

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2014 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

And still his record is terrible. lol.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2014 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
pythrr wrote:

how do they get games?

I'm not sure you can complain about a guy picking up a 140 + TV Orc team.

It's not like they get tons of games on the gamefinder. Would you say no because the opponent has only a 'star' rank?
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2014 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
pythrr wrote:

how do they get games?

Because the site coddles the lame-meme crowd to the exclusion of sanity?

I dunno, I'm sure someone will come along and say the usual stupidity about how it's all in the rules, and how no one forces anyone to play, and how we're all just a bunch of @#$#@ pixel huggers.

*shrug*
Heff

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2014 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

That guy is not lucky with his skill ups. He sacks any blocker that does not double by the third skill and if you do that consistently you end up with an abortion like that. Must have been a boring game while you watched yourself get monstered. I get picked a lot when I try to get pick up games but have never come across an abomination like that. Get the little yellow box up and if there are 5 claws on a cd team don't play em.

As to the team bio he is clearly a bully, he can dish it out but hates his little pixels getting hurt.
 Jump to: