66 coaches online • Server time: 21:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post A Guide to Finding G...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Tentacles and Frenzy
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
deyempe

Post 22 Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

What BBowl race is your favorite to play, which do you prefer to coach and why so?
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

(Shouldn't this almost be in "General Chat"? Unless there's a specific tactical/strategy question connected to this? Meh.) Confused

DElfs and Lizards. Nice mix of Bash and Dash, both of them (if in diff ways).

I think I'd like to try Necro next, for some of the same reasons. There is something liberating about not having an apo - no second guessing, no regrets. Wink

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hrmm.. great first response Smile Cheers Smeat!

I browsed both forums and considered this the better option, the topics in there cary wildly but in here it is mostly about specific relations to the game tactics(choice of race being a tactic, the first actually Razz ), which is what this questions is. Wink
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans! They Can Do Everything!

Like get horribly out muscled! Fail 3+ dodges! KO themselves on failed dodges! Fail 3+ pick ups! Aaand fail 3+ catches!!! It's awesome!

Also the Human League coaches are the coolest.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

For me, it's Chaos, followed by the 3 other Chaotic teams. But almost entirely for reasons entirely unrelated to the game itself, especially here where we play without miniatures.

I played Chaos races in all of GW's games when I was younger, because the fluff and miniatures appealed to me (the Realms of Chaos books were awesome) and because it gave me the most freedom to do conversions, which was always my favourite part of the hobby. Even before discovering miniatures, I was like the kid next door from Toy Story, cannibalising all my toys to make new ones.

All that makes little sense now I mostly play here, but after so many years of loyalty, I feel a little odd playing anything else without a good reason to.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

vampires.....they can do anything and every game can be a unique experience. You also get to hear the awesome sploosh noise a lot from your thralls getting smooshed.
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Great responses still, thanks folks!

Last edited by deyempe on %b %08, %2014 - %03:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
Humans! They Can Do Everything! (somewhat craply)

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello deyempe. come join OBBA. You'll learn from the best there!

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

or

Yer don't wanna be a cheeser do ya? Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi pythrr, thanks for the invite - i will take a look at OBBA

what is a cheeser? Razz
licker

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer to play Skaven, but I rarely do because while they are a total blast for me to play they also tend to frustrate me more than certain other races I don't have quite as high expectations for.

A cheeser is someone who plays one of the over powered races (or skill combinations).

Right now that's everything except humans or stunties Wink
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers Licker Smile

Well IDU how/why but I'll take your word for it.

I havent really found the race that I enjoy the most yet. I have played alot of Elf elsewhere (tho not on here for some reason) and a bit of WoE, I prefer Elf over WoE because their St3 catchers, however I find both their games irritating because of the mass Av7. Ive not tried High Elf really, mainly because they are arrogant ****s. And I have little luck with Dark Elf's.

I was really attracted to the Lizzardmen because almost whenever I watched their games they seemed to cause loads of injury/deaths, but when I have made them not-so-much :/ ..I do enjoy playing the Lizardmen and If I had a favorite it would probably be them, but because the Sarus take SO long to skill up it is a real frustration when one kicks the bucket D:

My best (highest TV team/s on here to date is this one ..and this one ..they have both since been retired aswell. I find that I play a handfull of games with a team/race, get bored, retire them and play a diferant race/team, rinse - repeat. Im getting fed-up of this process.

I've been doing this jumping around race/teams ever sinse I got here.. and judgeing by my currently active teams.. Im still doing it! I would like to put an end to this cycle, learn to play a race/team well (become good coach of), and maybe reach a higher TV than my average 1000 Razz

I have not competed in muany League/tourney's ect yet but I have been playing in 145 Rookie League on & off for a while now, never gotten into the play-offs tho Razz

Thats my story.. help a brother out!

PS: I was think maybe deleteing all my teams and just playing one, but it is so frustrating when you dont get a game in Box for like 5 attempts.. and you think boy I need to play in Ranked, and then you get in there and its full of Stars ect..

Im thinking of seting myself a goal to play like 200 games with just one race/team (probably the human team I been using recently) and doing the same in Ranked I guess when I cant get games in Box.
licker

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, depending on what time zone you prefer to play in there are a lot of really good leagues around. I think you can learn more in a league than on the forums or just playing one off games.

They force you to consider what matchups you will have during the season, and make you think about how you want to build your team to deal with more of a known factor. Also, if the league has an active IRC channel there is usually a lot of chatting about stuff, even blood bowl related stuff.

I don't really recruit for any leagues (since who would want to play in a league that I am in???), but you should check out some which match your time zone. 145 is great too, but even better to stick with that for a while while you also get your feet wet in something more advanced.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

As things stand right not you are not winning much with anything.

I'd say check this out and spectate some games of top coaches.

Under CRP I wouldn't consider orcs to be cheesers. Wink

Can't argue with humans & orcs IMO. But have a look at how the top boys & girls play them.
Replays run much quicker that spectating but speccing gives you the comments of the other specs.

Jump to: