25 coaches online • Server time: 02:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smeat

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2014 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Team: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=783938 - 1 Blocker, a Wrestler* and a Wrodger - and that's it. And only 3 Gorillas atm (by starting roster design).

And that one Gorilla rolled an "11".

Now, before you kneejerk and rubberstamp "+stat all apez!", Gorillas have SA access - which means that he can get Dodge + Break Tackle on normals, better than Ag 3. (And Block is doubles, so he's ~unlikely~ to get both core defensive skills, no blodge.)

And "Extra Arms" gives +1 to Catch and Pickup (and Int), so he's doing that on a 3+ already.

So the only thing +Ag does is...
    o Without using BT, dodge on 3+ (this is the biggest selling point, imo, for multi-dodge blitzes. Remember that w/ BT, he dodges on a 2+.)
    o Ball handing on 2+ (like the majority of the team, nothing special there, but does get him scores faster, and a St 4 recovering a loose ball is always funny)
    o +20k TV over a "normal" skill
    o Delays "normal" skills (Dodge, MB, Guard, SS, whatever)
    o Makes him a REALLY big, no-block AV 8 target. :/

And I'm just not convinced that's a good thing at this point in the team, or any time soon (or at all w/ a Gorilla?). Confused

(* Note that Wrestler #2 rolled a "10" for her skill, and, despite the lack of core skills, I'm pro'ly going w/ +MA.)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2014 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, skip.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2014 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Skip.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2014 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I say its better for him to get a starting stat since the team lacks some core stats such as side step,dodge,guard,mighty blow etc and i think a team like simyin needs 1 or 2 core skills before a stat boost (unless its + strength).

i can see why + agility being useful as its can help with picking up the ball and dodging but then it becomes a player that you dont want to use to block the other team players. . it just depends on if you want to focus on bashing the opponent with the gorilla or teat him like a backup ball carrier.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2014 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think I could take a +ag on a Gorilla unless he had the other skills he needed first
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2014 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

but how will you ever get a 4/4 gorilla star?

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2014 - 07:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

For the wins? Skip it!
For the Lolz? +AG ALL APES

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you a man or an ape?

Take +AG!
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

If one of my gorillas gets +AG I'm taking it. He isn't your average ag2 s4 chump who can't handle a ball, sod the TV, take the AG and have some fun! You'll skill him up with dodge in no time (he'll be less of a target then) and he'll be ace if you roll a double.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Take the +Ag, so you can score with him.
thewildchimp

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll have to admit I haven't been playing them bananas, but if you plan to take B. Tackle on at least one of them, +AGI is way better. Works more than once and aids with ball-handling. Which is all nice and easy when the ball is in the clear but can be tricky if you must pry it out of 1 or 2 tackle zones. Or if it bounces around.

Tl;dr: +AGI! (maybe :p)
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 18:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Don't do it.

On any other player on the roster +ag would be priceless, on Gorillas it feels a mistake. BT will solve his movement issues. You say the dodging would be the best gain, but even then he will dodge as a human. that's not a compliment. And BT will make it a 2+ far cheaper in TV. So the AG is primarily a gain in ball handling, which is cool. But I am not sure you can spare a gorilla for that and there are other much more natural Ball Carriers.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Skip.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2014 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Gorillas don't have the movement speed to be doing multiple dodges in a single turn, so it will only rarely help out. Even in the extremely uncommon situation where you DO need to dodge twice with a Gorilla, dodge gives you a 75% chance of succeeding a 2 agility dodge.

They are also already reliable enough as picking up the ball as it is, you don't want your slowest player to be your main ball handler.
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2014 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
but how will you ever get a 6/4 gorilla Legend?

fixd
 Jump to: