70 coaches online • Server time: 23:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 01:43
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

I just had an unusual bug in a match and wondered if it's something others had noticed.

During turn 3/3 of the second half of this match my goblin blocks a black orc for -2d. I rolled a skull and push and decided to re-roll (note that the stupidity of my decisions is not the issue here). When I re-rolled I got the exact same result, but was not charged with a re-roll. I'm not sure if the dice were even re-rolled, but they were listed a second time in the window like they had been re-rolled.

Unless I'm overlooking something obvious this could potentially be quite an important issue. Has anyone seen anything like this happen?
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Was the Goblin a Journeyman?
If so, he had Loner, and you failed his loner roll, thus no ReRoll was used

nevermind, you were using a Chaos Pact team, and watching the replay you weren't charged. Yeah, that looks like a bug
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

'twas the ghost of Robocoyote intervening to prevent you from making a mistake.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
'twas the ghost of Robocoyote intervening to prevent you from making a mistake.

Ha Ha Ha XD

Jeffro
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The dice are always listed again like that if you have the option to RR and decline. Could it be possible that you misclicked to decline the RR? That's what it looks like from the log. If you actually clicked RR then yeah, that's a nasty bug and you should file a report.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

In the replay, it does double-list the block results, but there is no 2nd sound-effect as should be for a RR'd block.

It's some kind of bug, but not sure what exactly happened.

Check to see if anything like this has been filed before, and if not file a ticket: https://fumbbl.com/p/support?entry=12&a=22&path=22

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 02:17
FUMBBL Staff

happygrue wrote:
The dice are always listed again like that if you have the option to RR and decline. Could it be possible that you misclicked to decline the RR? That's what it looks like from the log. If you actually clicked RR then yeah, that's a nasty bug and you should file a report.

Are they really? That's not something I've notice before. That's what I meant by me missing something, and is likely the answer.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:

Are they really? That's not something I've notice before. That's what I meant by me missing something, and is likely the answer.

You can see this somewhere in your first half IIRC, when you or he didn't RR a -2d and just took the skull. But if you clicked the right button to RR and that happened that would be bad! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
happygrue wrote:

No, they aren't always. For example, every block prior to the goblin's in that turn had a reroll declined and was only displayed once. However, it does happen sometimes, though I've never noticed if it's only in specific circumstances or random.

It does appear that you clicked no on the reroll though. Unless you're positive you didn't, I would hold off on filing a bug report until anybody else gets the same thing.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:
mister__joshua wrote:

You can see this somewhere in your first half IIRC, when you or he didn't RR a -2d and just took the skull. But if you clicked the right button to RR and that happened that would be bad! Very Happy

Ah, so is it only when a turnover results from the declined rr?

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:

Ah, so is it only when a turnover results from the declined rr?

Sounds a bit odd... How would the client know whether a block result will cause a turnover unless the opponent coach has already decided which dice result to choose?
RR is taken pre-choice, right?

Now that I'm thinking about it that may actually not be accurate by the rules... not that it matters Smile
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 02:35
FUMBBL Staff

Is it just for -2d blocks then? Is that the client displaying the results to the opponent?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

the popup is different when it's -2d, because *you* get a chance to RR but the opponent chooses the dice. The popup you get for your own 2d blocks has the RR button on it, so there is no need to "pass the dice back and forth" or whatever the client is doing under the hood. You either choose a die or choose to RR.

I had always assumed that the duplicate (which happens whenever you are doing a -2d, and maybe some other times) is something the client is doing, showing you your choices and then showing the opponent a popup with the choices (which gets logged twice even if the dice don't change).

That said, I didn't code it, so maybe we should ask Kalimar. Very Happy

Jump to: