23 coaches online • Server time: 05:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

General question:

When do you use your apo? After a few dozen games here, I've settled on never using the apo on a BH, no matter who he is, and never on a lino, no matter what the injury, unless the lino has a +stat or double skill. Is this how others think, or am I looney?
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Use them on deaths and SI. But only crusial SI like nigs. Mng and stat decreases ainĀ“t so bad. My opinoion. And of course your expensive players should get priority before linos.
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Niggles and deaths and depending when it is in the game.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

"Using apos, good strategy or cheesy exploit?". Just kidding, but that's what I first thought when I saw the topic Wink.

As a general rule I only use it on permanent injuries or deaths. However if it's a SI really late in the game, or if I'm playing orcs vs elves and it's a SI on a key player and the chance of further injuries is slight (no DPs and so on) I would consider it. On experienced teams I don't use the apo early on if a rookie gets killed/SI with permanent damage. I've also used apo on BH twice in approx 500 games, it all depends.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Also you have to take the odds of the next injury being Si/Death into account (1/3).

Its a good thing to learn really.

I've seen loads of people fail due to bad apoth use.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

if your playing some nasty chaos team or dwarfs with alot of MB you might wanna safe it and not use it too fast
Trif

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

i was playing with my skryre slaves earlier today, and after not using it on the death of a sharpshooter, i decided to use it on a RIP slave that had doubles....and then my mechavermin got killed, after having his armour broken for the 4th time in the game, non-foul. should i have saved it for the mecha, even though that would mean 100k worth of players to replace? looking back, it would have been the sensible idea, but i'd probably do it the same again.

you just have to stick by any decision you make, whatever seems best at the time, or you'll just feel like crap when you get your favourite player niggled or worse

"Now that's an esophagous!"
nickb2612

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Enevitably youl save it for a Death on an enxpensive positional and be greated with- (1) Apothocary Fails!!

I always feel uterly cheated when that happens!
odi

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually try to save it for an important players niggle or RIP, but if I'm playing a KO tourney and a key player who could mean my winning or losing at the time, I've been known to use it on a BH too. Just to keep fighting for that one win which will let me continue to the second round. I don't so much care that my team would survive in the long run, I'll just play to win, not to surive (surviving is nice too, but I guess apoing only the niggles and rips on key players is kinda the thing for ranked, where most ppl just want to keep their teams alive).
Webbe

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

In "real" blood bowl I've used apo on a stun even just to get or prevent a TD. Thankfully this can't be done in javabb (would be annoying to answer the apo question for every stun you get). I still think you should have the option to cure a KO with the apo though.
zredna

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I never (never say never odd things happen but) use it except for perm injuries or deaths on experiensed players just let my rookie blizer take an av drop in the first turn just to retire him after the game. Ofcoure no other injury happend for the following 15 turns except a BH. But I still stick to the rule of not using apoth unless its a player hard to replace. I must state that I dont play tournaments, only ranked(I don't know when I can play or not so I dont like the idea to commit to a tournie)
Zredna
knightsweats

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

mstrchef13 wrote:
General question:

When do you use your apo? After a few dozen games here, I've settled on never using the apo on a BH, no matter who he is, and never on a lino, no matter what the injury, unless the lino has a +stat or double skill.

I'm slowly coming round to the opposite opinion. Use it on an early BH to keep a useful player in the game. If I wait for a perm or a death my apo seems to make things worse more often than better. I've been toying with firing my apos altogether just to avoid the anguish of <killed> apo <killed>.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

First half I will use them on an important BH because I am guaranteed to have them back in the game. 2nd half I use it early on for KO's to keep me in the game. But it all depends on the situation.....

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
First half I will use them on an important BH because I am guaranteed to have them back in the game. 2nd half I use it early on for KO's to keep me in the game. But it all depends on the situation.....

+1

Unless its my League team, I usually want to win more than preserve my team.

Oscar Wilde
Grod

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Webbe wrote:
I still think you should have the option to cure a KO with the apo though.

There is.

Oscar Wilde
 Jump to: