47 coaches online • Server time: 14:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CharlatanXIV

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I everyone!

I'm building that team : https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=791810

Now, i have loose money and i wonder, should i buy ghouls or not. If so, what would be their role? I feel like my rookie wolf will become my dedicated ball carrier and i'm building 1 wight and my other wolf as sacker. So what would be the role of a ghoul if a buy one?

You guys play necro? do you play ghouls at all?

i am really curious.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I want at least one ghoul for one reason: Skill opportunity cost - I don't want to use my Werewolves to wrack up skills like wrestle or sure hands, or be burdened with those skills on a double where they could take Mightyblow or piling on.

Also, wrackle ghouls are useful. But are they necessary? Heck no.
CharlatanXIV

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

so you use ghouls as ball carrier?
DaCoach

My team: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=593279
Don't use ghouls any longer really (got a rookie one) but think I might need 'em if the team is to develop further.
Badoek

I find their added mobility useful. With zombies and golems keeping the opponent busy a ghoul has a more loose support role.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

CharlatanXIV wrote:

I prefer to when I can. MA 7 blodge surehands is good enough and with a deep bench you don't have to trot him out on defense if you don't want to.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

My league team with almost 100 games.

I started with them, had a few decent ones, but stopped using them. I haven't missed them at all. I have one wolf who is the dedicated carrier, other wolf and wights are the blitzers.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, not necessary but reasonable - yes.

Did Jokaero's Gbangoos carry a ghoul when winning the GLT to make them the only Necro squad winning a major this far? Im not sure but i think so.

Im puzzled myself. Necros offer slightly more ways to set up a team than undead i feel. And i feel that if i carry a ghoul the second wolf is left vulnerable a lot while he cant add too much bash to the team anyway. Im not sure if thats awfully true - but its a psychological concern for me in a lot of matches. So far i still run a ghoul though.

Interesting topic.

Last edited by albinv on %b %14, %2015 - %21:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
CharlatanXIV

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
CharlatanXIV wrote:

I prefer to when I can. MA 7 blodge surehands is good enough and with a deep bench you don't have to trot him out on defense if you don't want to.

The way i'm playing right now, i basically blitz every single turn with my clawpomb wolf, if i have a ball carrying ghoul my other wolf will seem useless. I might be to much in a rince and repaet style kinda of play tho, hahaha.
CharlatanXIV

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

albinv wrote:
Yeah, not necessary but reasonable - yes.

Did Jokaero's Gbangoos carry a ghoul when winning the GLT to make them the only Necro squad winning a major this far? Im not sure but i think so.

Im puzzled myself. Necros offer slightly more ways to set up a team than undead i feel. And i feel that if i carry a ghoul the second wolf is left vulnerable a lot while he cant add too much bash to the team anyway. Im not sure if thats awfully true - but its a psychological concern for me in a lot of matches. So far i still run a ghoul though.

Interesting topic.

well exactly, what would be the role a your second wolf if a ghoul is a ball carrier. Hmmmmm , sure a wrodge sure hand guy is always nice but as fragile as they are they seem not reliable to me and a pure 8 movement ball carrier is awesome!
albinv

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly like i feel. Maybe i should really drop the ghoul. Lets hear the better coaches.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3585952
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3605027
Here are the replays of the two majors Necro have won.
Both had Ghouls.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Jimmy, thx a lot but cant you just give a shor story of those games? hahaha, ah ok, i'll watch em. Thx!
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The Gbangoos use one, a superstar one at that. If anything he is probably good to have so you do not lose your mobility should a wolf or wight go down.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, first game was played second half were the ghoul wasnt in play
 Jump to: