18 coaches online • Server time: 08:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Harad

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm trying to reach legend status with each race in the box. Going ok but I was surprised with how low my elf ranking was given my results so I decided to check on others. Garion appears to be the only elf (pure, not wood elf, dark elf or high elf) legend in the box. Hats off to him, but is this right?

If so I may need to rethink Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/rankings?c=Dolls
Harad

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, why doesn't he show in this list?
https://fumbbl.com/p/coaches?order=&r=46&d=10&start=0
Badoek

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh don't get the mouse started on lists!
Apparently they're not very trustworthy (at least in the last thread I read he said there's something wrong with the player top lists).

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Might have to do with low activity.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Some race rankings look skewed in the box. For example there are only two legend Khemri coaches and both of those have played only 16 games or less.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Woohoo another list I am bottom of \0/

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Woohoo another list I am bottom of \0/

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

@Dalfort: Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I just thought this was a reasonably attainable goal given that I can, with some good luck, get to legend with some of the races I started with. But if I've got to be in the top one or two then I am aware enough to know that I'm not that good.

If anyone knows how these things are calculated it would be great. It seems strange that with some tier 1 races I get to legend being meaningfully lower down the lists with a worse record than with others.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

m0gw41 wrote:
Some race rankings look skewed in the box. For example there are only two legend Khemri coaches and both of those have played only 16 games or less.

Hey! Those Box Khemri rankings are solid. Very Happy

If you want to see screwy, check this out:

I'm a currently a Super Star with Pro Elves at CR 157 and a 17/5/7 record, good enough for 13th place in the box.
I'm a Legend UD coach with CR just shy of 157 and a 3/0/0 record. That's right, three game legend. And that CR is good enough for 51st place.

I'm a Legend Nurgle coach with a CR of 152 (!) and a 4/2/2 record at 71st place.

So how can I be a "legend" with UD or Nurgle when I am so much farther down the list than I am with pro elves?

Well, if I remember correctly from Christer's descriptions the tags are roughly distributed based on chopping the available coaches into 6ths and some formula for how often that gets reevaluated (you don't bounce back and forth between two ranks every other game). So It's a bit of a guess, but I think that pro elves are much harder to become a "Legend" in because they are so infrequently played in the box, whereas there are lots and LOTS of nurgle, so even a measly 4/2/2 and 152 CR looks good enough to grab that spot. Surely much is also based on recent performance as well.

So to answer the OP, yeah it is harder to get your Pro Elf coaching to legendary status. On the other hand: it's still elves, so it's not that hard. Wink

Jump to: