44 coaches online • Server time: 11:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

With so many newcomers to the site we're seeing a lot of repeated questions on skill choices and the old skill selection survey is not quite on the money for the current ruleset. Could we get some of the strongest coaches for races offer up some options for skill selections again?

Also we are having people ask for tips in threads such as this one, which contain some great advice. However after a few weeks this thread will be burried again under newer posts. A single sticky thread with links to these threads should make things much easier for the coaches looking for advice.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
bghandras

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I am happy to provide tips and feedback. GLN is coming. Maybe somthing for both?

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

We could always add in the guides that feature in the GLN after it comes out, there's been some very good ones in past issues.

ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be possible to provide several answers, ie. specific to box/ranked/(general) league in cases where the skill selection would be legitimately different due to survivability/TV management/progression differences?

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

That would definitely make sense for the skill survey. The guides/tips generally have responses that relate to the divisions in them anyway.

bghandras

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

When do you plan to start it? How many people are you looking for?

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Bugger, I need to start making the suggestions to others so that they can make these things Very Happy

Will start building up a list of what we need, then that will tell us who we need. Guessing it's a good idea to approach 4 or 5 of the strongest coaches for each race for their take on skills. Maybe more.

bghandras

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

i can only hear that "you are the manager, and have no idea about timetable". Joke aside, thanks for the info.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Stickies aren't the way to go in my opinion. Once you get more than a few, they become pointless.

Also a lot of these new guys are asking for personal or quick answers. I'm not sure what the answer is to be honest.

I think we need to stick to the HELP section, it's good for our needs. Revamp that with an advice section and a revamped skill section and then be firm with ourselves and the noobs when the threads sprout up.

Point to the skill selection and advice pages UNLESS the situation merits a different response.

In short revamp the help section/less stickies.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't realise anyone could edit the help section. Maybe that's a more worthwhile project then, go through it all and work out what's no longer relevant, what to keep and what to replace or add to Help?

Jump to: